💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga anthem analysis

jezze0410

Featured Posts

jezze0410
Just now, neptugne said:

how do you guys know she won't be pushing her vocals at the end? we only see the first part of the song (right?)

We know all the notes of the Star-Spangled Banner, so we can largely deduce what the rest of her version will be like just from the first part. While it is entirely possible that she decides on a whim to modulate to a higher key, or to make some modifications to the melody to take her higher, either would be risky--the the former downright sacrilegious.  

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Judas Oyster
17 minutes ago, jezze0410 said:

It's quite impossible to tell just from the music if she will be lip-syncing. However, it seems that doing the anthem pre-recorded is pretty much protocol by this point, so I wouldn't be surprised (and I'll still love her) if she does...

yeah I just found it weird bc the woman who sang the anthem 2014 sounded like she sang it live

it was a opera singer, and she said in a interview that she didn't want to pre-record it bc she didn't know to lip sync. So if she was allowed to sing it live just two years ago.. Kinda weird Gaga doesn't chose to sing it live since we know she hates lip synching

This is just bait, you foolish ones..

And you expect a written jazz version of what the piano will play? You know very well jazz sheets only have the melody and the tab. That's the most used musical notation in jazz, it's that genre where written music makes no sense.

jezze0410
33 minutes ago, Killa said:

This is just bait, you foolish ones..

And you expect a written jazz version of what the piano will play? You know very well jazz sheets only have the melody and the tab. That's the most used musical notation in jazz, it's that genre where written music makes no sense.

It is not impossible to write down jazz in classical notation (e.g. Kapustin), though yes, jazz would probably not have been notated in full, hence why the piano part here suggests that it won't be jazz.

But I concede that this might well just be a bait. I am personally hoping for a dark, Schnittke-inspired piano accompaniment :) 

1 hour ago, Sinsemilla said:

Very insightful, ty for the technical info. I always hope she goes nontraditional but I understand why she is singing it straight and why that is the best move for her career-wise

This!

1 hour ago, Judas Oyster said:

yeah I just found it weird bc the woman who sang the anthem 2014 sounded like she sang it live

it was a opera singer, and she said in a interview that she didn't want to pre-record it bc she didn't know to lip sync. So if she was allowed to sing it live just two years ago.. Kinda weird Gaga doesn't chose to sing it live since we know she hates lip synching

It will not be aired live, like always. But the singing vocals will be live :saladga:

Judas Oyster
11 hours ago, User said:

It will not be aired live, like always. But the singing vocals will be live :saladga:

how does that work out? :duck:

lxdygxga
1 hour ago, Judas Oyster said:

how does that work out? :duck:

From what I've taken from it all (and forgive me if this is wrong), she will sing live at say, 4pm, and they will film it at that moment to slot into the show later at 6pm (these are just examples, I don't know the actual time the SuperBowl airs because I'm from the UK).

14 hours ago, Sinsemilla said:

Pretty safe, she isn't challenging her upper range at all. The low note is rather low but she has such a great, full sounding lower range that she has been developing a lot over the past year, plus it's the 3rd word of the song so she will get it out of the way early lol. Assuming she sticks to this sheet music, it doesn't look like she will be adding many melismas or vocal runs or anything too flashy. Should be a glorious traditional performance.

But I hope she will slay and this wouldn't be a boring performance. Too traditional and too low can make it too monotonous

IG: @bartoszprazuch

Dominic

Your reference to TIHTY has given me anxiety.  Are we expecting the Dope voice? :wtf:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

2 minutes ago, Dominic Marc said:

Your reference to TIHTY has given me anxiety.  Are we expecting the Dope voice? :wtf:

Nah, watch her sing the National Anthem at Pride in NY 2013. It will mostly sound like this.

Dope sounded so 'weird' because she was crying while singing it. Gaga has AMAZING low notes, be prepared to be slayed

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

Judas Oyster
53 minutes ago, jvckk said:

From what I've taken from it all (and forgive me if this is wrong), she will sing live at say, 4pm, and they will film it at that moment to slot into the show later at 6pm (these are just examples, I don't know the actual time the SuperBowl airs because I'm from the UK).

Ah, I understand. If they are gonna do that, what's the point of that tho'? :S Seems boring to just show a video of her singing, like, why is she even rehearsing then if they are just gonna film it o.O 

26 minutes ago, Noahhh said:

Nah, watch her sing the National Anthem at Pride in NY 2013. It will mostly sound like this.

Dope sounded so 'weird' because she was crying while singing it. Gaga has AMAZING low notes, be prepared to be slayed

They are amazing indeed, but I hope she will show some of her high notes too, which are even more epic

IG: @bartoszprazuch

jezze0410
1 hour ago, Dominic Marc said:

Gaga's vocals are extremely versatile, I doubt she'll use the Dope voice, which conveys regret and heart break, for such an uplifting song! 

Archived