šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

ANTI goes platinum in the U.S

Ray of Light

Featured Posts

Lord Temptation
1 minute ago, Bebe said:

I care about the music industry and artists more than pointless certifications if that's what you mean.

I want the music industry and record labelsĀ to survive more than I want Billboard and certification companies to survive.Ā I'd rather record labels don't go bankrupt and I'd rather have record labels be able to support innovative, new artists.

Would you rather record labels don't adapt to the changing climate of the music industry?Ā 

I want moreĀ variety in the number of record labels.Ā 

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

I want moreĀ variety in the number of record labels.Ā 

:smh:Ā That has absolutely nothing to do with the conversation though?Ā That's not going to be achieved by Rihanna going through a normal album roll out rather than with a partnership with Samsung. If you want more variety in record labels then support more variety in artists. Roc Nation is actually an example of how that works, a record label set up by an artist that focuses on rap/r&b artists.

Diversity of artists isn't going to happen if current record labels can't take the risk to support new innovative talent. New record labels hardly survive in the current climate as it is due to piracy among other issues.

Like I have said, i've already outlined how this partnership isĀ beneficial to music consumers,Ā the record label/artistĀ and new up-and-coming artists. You seem to be more concerned about the integrity of a certification. Send your complaints to RIAA not Roc Nation/Rihanna.

The musical climate is moving towards consumers wanting free content. Through piracy and streaming record labels are not making the money they used to be able to make. This deal is a way for record labels to make money from albums which they can use to support new artists.Ā You are living in some idyllic world where the musical landscape is the same as it was in the 70's,Ā record labels don't have to change their business models and where new record labels can just sprout from the ground and become successes. Record labels are high risk and low margin, if you want to change that support record labels and support artists.

If you support artists, if you support the music industry and if you want music at less of a priceĀ then this is a great move. The more money a record label makes, the more money they have to invest in smaller and more diverse artists. Without these sort of innovative moves, the music industry has to throw all their eggs into the basket of established artists in the hope of turning out a profit. They don't have the resources to promote any other artists.
Ā 

Lord Temptation
43 minutes ago, Bebe said:

:smh:Ā That has absolutely nothing to do with the conversation though?Ā That's not going to be achieved by Rihanna going through a normal album roll out rather than with a partnership with Samsung. If you want more variety in record labels then support more variety in artists. Roc Nation is actually an example of how that works, a record label set up by an artist that focuses on rap/r&b artists.

Diversity of artists isn't going to happen if current record labels can't take the risk to support new innovative talent. New record labels hardly survive in the current climate as it is due to piracy among other issues.

Like I have said, i've already outlined how this partnership isĀ beneficial to music consumers,Ā the record label/artistĀ and new up-and-coming artists. You seem to be more concerned about the integrity of a certification. Send your complaints to RIAA not Roc Nation/Rihanna.

The musical climate is moving towards consumers wanting free content. Through piracy and streaming record labels are not making the money they used to be able to make. This deal is a way for record labels to make money from albums which they can use to support new artists.Ā You are living in some idyllic world where the musical landscape is the same as it was in the 70's,Ā record labels don't have to change their business models and where new record labels can just sprout from the ground and become successes. Record labels are high risk and low margin, if you want to change that support record labels and support artists.

If you support artists, if you support the music industry and if you want music at less of a priceĀ then this is a great move. The more money a record label makes, the more money they have to invest in smaller and more diverse artists. Without these sort of innovative moves, the music industry has to throw all their eggs into the basket of established artists in the hope of turning out a profit. They don't have the resources to promote any other artists.
Ā 

Exactly. I am trying to augment the conversation, but here you are telling me everything I have already heard from the media. You're an apologist for the recording industry.

10 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Exactly. I am trying to augment the conversation, but here you are telling me everything I have already heard from the media. You're an apologist for the recording industry.

No you're not, your just trying to deflect from what the conversation is about. You started attacking Rihanna and Roc Nation for 'buying a certification' and when confronted about how that's the fault of the RIAA and how this deal benefits music consumers, record labels and artists you changed the subject.

Your argument makes zero sense. You want more diversity of record labels? Fantastic! I'd love that too. Explain how you expect that to happen in today's climate and explain how Samsung/Roc Nation have any part in this.

Tell me why you are against a deal that is beneficial to consumers first of all, beneficial to the artist, beneficial to the record company and beneficial to new artists. Because all I'm getting from you are vague one sentence replies that don't address anything I have said or that have nothing to do with the topic of RIhanna/Roc Nation and this Samsung deal.

Lord Temptation
7 minutes ago, Bebe said:

No you're not, your just trying to deflect from what the conversation is about. You started attacking Rihanna and Roc Nation for 'buying a certification' and when confronted about how that's the fault of the RIAA and how this deal benefits music consumers, record labels and artists you changed the subject.

Your argument makes zero sense. You want more diversity of record labels? Fantastic! I'd love that too. Explain how you expect that to happen in today's climate and explain how Samsung/Roc Nation have any part in this.

Tell me why you are against a deal that is beneficial to consumers first of all, beneficial to the artist, beneficial to the record company and beneficial to new artists. Because all I'm getting from you are vague one sentence replies that don't address anything I have said or that have nothing to do with the topic of RIhanna/Roc Nation and this Samsung deal.

You fool. I have not even presented my argument yet! You want to hear it: my argument is that you have no argument.Ā 

You haven't explained how this benefits anyone exceptĀ for the bank accounts of Rihanna, Tidal andĀ Samsung.Ā 

You haven't even explained how this Rihanna move (which parallels Jay Z's move a few years ago - who incidentally is ALSO a co-owner of Tidal... funnily enough!) is supposed to "benefit new artists"?

That's what you said isn't it?

Nobody wants to talk about the music because people like you only want to talk about money.

Just now, Lord Temptation said:

You fool. I have not even presented my argument yet! You want to hear it: my argument is that you have no argument.Ā 

You haven't explained how this benefits anyone exceptĀ for the bank accounts of Rihanna, Tidal andĀ Samsung.Ā 

You haven't even explained how this Rihanna move (which parallels Jay Z's move a few years ago - who incidentally is ALSO a co-owner of Tidal... funnily enough!) is supposed to "benefit new artists"?

That's what you said isn't it?

Nobody wants to talk about the music because people like you only want to talk about money.

Then present your damn argument!

I have presented mine! I have explained how this benefits more than just Rihanna, Tidal and Samsung. I have explained how it benefitsĀ consumersĀ because they get the product for free, I have explained how this benefits Roc NationĀ who were part of the deal and in turn I have explained how that benefits young artists.

I have explained howĀ approximately 90% of the records that are released by major recording labels fail to make a profit. I have explained how record labels rely on their biggest artists to make a profit so that they can invest in new, innovative talent. You have just chosen to ignore that.

If Rihanna didn't make that deal and Roc Nation shifted 200,000 units then fine. That's great for everyone here that cares about music being a competition! It means people can drag her for not selling as much as Artist (A). But it affects the newer artists at Roc Nation because they now cannot afford huge budgets for their younger artists and it means they cannot invest much in different artists who may be considered too risky.

Look at CherryTree records as an example. When Gaga was signed to CherryTree records it was a small label connected to Interscope. They gave Gaga a budget for Just Dance and it ended up being a big hit.

Compare the video for Just Dance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Abk1jAONjw

With the videos of artists like Natalia Kills or Ivy Levan after Gaga's success.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKVImK7DFFU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZrZI6OmezE

These artists didn't have much success, but they got bigger budgets because the label was able to invest more money in them after Gaga.

It's the exact same concept for this. When Rihanna effectively shifts 1 million copies with the help of Samsung covering free downloads that ensures more money for Roc Nation. In effect that means that they are able to take bigger risks with different artists. They can afford to test the market with interesting artists or aggressively push for new talent they believe in.Ā 

You seem to want Rihanna/Roc Nation to make less of a profit, hurting the record label and providing less support for new talent that passes through the label.

This is just a new model of business.Ā Roc Nation is able to benefit from Anti and are therefore able to expand more and invest more in other artists. If you can now explain HOW this deal is bad other than "It shouldn't be certified" then that would be absolutely brilliant.

Ā 

I love Anti but this is just soĀ :green:

Ā 

Spoiler

At least Amazon's BTW deal costed somethingĀ :emma:

Ā 

it wasn't laaaahv

malazam
14 hours ago, PrinceGaga said:

She's coming for BTWĀ fastest sale decline in 2nd week ever's weave

MDNA broke that already and then Rebel Heart...

another shot before we kiss the other side

PrinceGaga
1 minute ago, malazam said:

MDNA broke that already and then Rebel Heart...

Oops my mistake :green:Ā 

Archived