💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did Rihanna Try To Mask a Flop By Making ANTi Free?

Quark

Featured Posts

Katsuki Bakugo
29 minutes ago, uo111 said:

I love Rihrih. I just hate delusion.

Elvis, MJ, and Madonna are cemented, Rihanna is current and... right now she is hardly even that.

everyone's opinion differs I guess. I mean for me Rihanna is on to her 8th album and has already achieved what people have spent their whole lives doing...

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whispering
5 hours ago, Kabexuela said:

If Gaga offered her album for free, the meltdowns would create an avalanche from hell.  So, commence the drama!

Exactly! The majority of people here saying that this free offer is a great idea would be ripping Gaga apart limb by limb if she did the same with LG5. There would be multiple articles dragging Gaga to the pits of hell. No one would be calling her brave and complimenting her for releasing an album for free. 

Gaga sold her album for 99 cents (which, by the way, made you sign up for something few people even understood at the time and took people hours to download...many having to try again a second day), but also sold 700,000 copies the first few days at retail price. What happened? People and the media drug her sales through the mud, even though she still SOLD 700,000 copies of her album! 

AlexanderLevi2

The only people who care about whether an album flops or not are pop forums and the media. Literally no one else cares. Just listen to the goddamn music. ?

Currently listening to Joanne

AlexanderLevi2
6 minutes ago, Whispering said:

Exactly! The majority of people here saying that this free offer is a great idea would be ripping Gaga apart limb by limb if she did the same with LG5. There would be multiple articles dragging Gaga to the pits of hell. No one would be calling her brave and complimenting her for releasing an album for free. 

Gaga sold her album for 99 cents (which, by the way, made you sign up for something few people even understood at the time and took people hours to download...many having to try again a second day), but also sold 700,000 copies the first few days at retail price. What happened? People and the media drug her sales through the mud, even though she still SOLD 700,000 copies of her album! 

I think it's smart to be honest. I'm sure Rihanna is still raking in the dough and so would Gaga!

Whispering
Just now, AlexanderLevi2 said:

I think it's smart to be honest. I'm sure Rihanna is still raking in the dough and so would Gaga!

That wasn't the point in my post. I never said Rihanna or Gaga were not going to profit from a deal, as I'm sure both of them are fully capable of continuing to make plenty of money. What I did say is that if Gaga had this same type of release for LG5...fans here would be losing their minds, tearing Gaga apart, turning in their "stan cards", calling her a lazy bitch...you name it! After three years, fans woukd be extremely unhappy if Gaga wasn't doing promo on morning shows, late night shows, SNL, magazine articles, interviews at all the major radio stations and international promo. Their demands and expectations are a thousand times more for Gaga than anything they "require" of any other artist they follow. 

AlexanderLevi2
2 minutes ago, Whispering said:

That wasn't the point in my post. I never said Rihanna or Gaga were not going to profit from a deal, as I'm sure both of them are fully capable of continuing to make plenty of money. What I did say is that if Gaga had this same type of release for LG5...fans here would be losing their minds, tearing Gaga apart, turning in their "stan cards", calling her a lazy bitch...you name it! After three years, fans woukd be extremely unhappy if Gaga wasn't doing promo on morning shows, late night shows, SNL, magazine articles, interviews at all the major radio stations and international promo. Their demands and expectations are a thousand times more for Gaga than anything they "require" of any other artist they follow. 

I guess there's some who would and some who wouldn't. I know I personally wouldn't. It's not worth it to get wrapped up in that stuff... Just let those people say what they want. Getting worked up isn't going to change anything. I get your point though.

I think TIDAL wanted to correct the mistake of it leaking so they acted like this was their plan all along

He/They

Brian Ryan

FourFiveSeconds went platinum.
Bitch Better Have My Money went platinum and went no. 1 on Urban Radio (yes Urban charts matter especially considering it's an urban radio).
American Oxygen was not even meant to go platinum. It was obviously used to address the issues regarding race then and right now in America.

Anyhow, I thought it was smart on her move. No artist is really selling records great worldwide other than Taylor Swift, Beyonce', and Adele. Streaming is the future. She made a great deal and got her money. Plus, the fans got to get an album that we have been waiting for a year over. The anticipation for her album never stopped. She would get constantly asked about it on twitter, instagram, and even on the corner. It drove her to the studio and I'm sure she was a bit upset not being able put the album. That's what work represents for me and so much more. I think it would have still done well on the charts. She already has had two hits under her belt before this one... and Work is #1 on the Itunes. Let's name all of the solo females who have released 8 albums and kept up the drive plus chart success she has had, plus the drive and bringing great promo even after this long? Besides Madonna.  I thank her for coming out with this album especially for free. It shows how much she truly cares about the Navy. 

Archived