Featured Posts

the opening track, Consideration is slaying my life

#FEELING BADDASS#

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Riot Poof

OK, I'm totally on board with Rihanna now, cuz ANTI slays. I've been playing this album on REPEAT + revisiting her repertoire. Unapologetic is so good too!

ANTI is definitely a contender for being one of the best albums of the year for me (even though it currently has no competition). I love how it starts off with this alt-R&B feel and then morphs into the "timeless" music that Rihanna was talking about a year ago. I just wish that the 2015 singles were included on the album. Whatever. I added them to the tracklist anyways. Also, "Same Ol' Mistakes" is the JAM. It was admittedly a lazy cover, but since I never listened to the original prior to listening to ANTI, I don't really care.

I feel like ANTI's gonna trigger a Rihanna phase. I'm looking forward to seeing my Rihanna scrobbles on last.fm increase. :nick: I already listened to her 150 times.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

The album is good, among her best. But calling it experimental is laughable. It's a trap r&b album with good songs that could use more work 'cause they sound unfinished. Also the tracklist is a complete mess, Kanye left the ship and Rihanna probably put the tracklist together without any thought to it. 

The songs are good tho, if she worked on them for 3 more months and arranged the tracklist better it would be even better.

Riot Poof
22 minutes ago, Bio said:

The album is good, among her best. But calling it experimental is laughable.

Tru. Just because a pop artist releases material that may not be as radio-friendly as their previous material doesn't make it "experimental."

The album is different for her. Standout tracks to me are "Kiss It Better", "Work", "Same Ol' Mistakes", "Consideration" and "Needed Me". I want to put "Goodnight Gotham" there but its not a whole song which is unfortunate.

However, I honestly dont understand why FourFive Seconds, Bitch Better Have My Money and American Oxygen were excluded. They are easily stronger than all the material on the album and fit the general visual as well. Some people say they dont fit, but she couldve put FFS somewhere between the slower second half, American Oxygen after SameOlMistakes and BBHMM near Pose.

Spoiler

1. Consideration

2. James Joint

3. Kiss It Better

4. Work 

5. Desperado

6. Woo

7. Needed Me

8. Yeah, I Said It

9. Same Ol' Mistakes

10. American Oxygen

11. Never Ending

12. Love On The Brain

13. Higher

14. Close To You

15. FourFiveSeconds

16. Goodnight Gotham

17. Bitch Better Have My Money

18. Pose

19. Sex With Me

BYE

It's up there with Rated R. Such an amazing growth that I hope she continues in the future! The album gets better with every listen and Consideration, Kiss It Better, Desperado, Love On The Brain and Higher (even James Joint!) are all career highlights.

I'm so excited for the tour to start now. 

Psychedelic

This stuff is really dope, I really like it and think it is brilliant. She really went all the way for a much more experimental sound. I see some already complaining about rih trying to be FKA Twigs or M.I.A. I don't think that is the case. These artists have always been experimental, and Rihanna being a makor global pop star and daring to put out something like this, is very defying, defining. She should be commended.

Lots of pop stars have treid to compare their works to Madonna's Ray Of Luight when they think they've achieved their best sound... hmmm not really, but for Riahnna, I really feel this is her Ray of Light with no doubt. I'm certain she will manage to mark a defining point on her career with ANTI!

Dark Anatomy

Bruh. Not this being like one of the best pop girl albums i've heard in a minute. Next to Rated R this is like her Fame Monster. :air:

Best tracks by far:

- Consideration

- James Joint

- Kiss it Better 

- Work 

- Desperado 

- Same Ol' Mistakes 

- Love on the Brain 

- Closer to You

I mean the slayage is unreal. 

Same Ol' Mistakes is a masterpiece. Rihanna did the song justice with her cover. 

You don't deserve a point of view if the only thing you see is you.

Riot Poof
27 minutes ago, Koreku said:

Same Ol' Mistakes is a masterpiece. Rihanna did the song justice with her cover. 

ikr. And it's amazing how much she improved the song even though all that's different is the vocals. "Same Ol' Mistakes" is definitely my favorite off of ANTI.

FATCAT
12 hours ago, malazam said:

ANTI sold 16k copies..... :giveup:

MESS

One of my favorite albums has barely sold that in the past two years, it's sad that people compute success with talent.

Purr more, hiss less.

I made my own 18 track version of the album including BBHMM FFS and AO. I also made James Joint and higher into one song. A little bit like love without tragedy/mother Mary. And finally reordered the tracklisting. I have dl if anyone is interested PM me.

This album still slays. :giveup: 

Finally feeling free for the night, I got no worries. Finally got a claim on my life, baby, c'est la vie. ☄️

Archived