Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
question

the importance of the Addiction Demon?

Pacify Him

Featured Posts

Pacify Him

I still can't quite grasp why this character is in the show. Is it supposed to scare us? Make the show a tiny bit creepier?

Does it just exist only to keep Sally in order? Is it just a weapon used to torment her and other 'junkies'? How come only a few sees it? Mr. March don't even do drugs.

Or does it have much deeper meaning? Some kind of symbolism? Like, 'pleasure kills you' or something else?

How was it made? What's its origin? Is it just their imagination? A drug effect? Hallucinations?

I’m getting on your nerves

There was none. It was Murphy's excuse to put yet more rape in the new season.

The purpose of the AD is supposedly that he represent Sally's suffering as an addict and she summoned him, but who's addiction manifests itself as a raping wax-man with a drilldo?

Chris Evans

Didn't Mr. March hint he had control over it in the last episode? It seems like it only went for junkies with drug addictions 

The lack of explanation with the addiction demon frustrates me so much. We literally know nothing about it except that Mr March can control it for some reason. 

doseofamnesia. tumblr. com

Pacify Him
10 minutes ago, Mast said:

There was none. It was Murphy's excuse to put yet more rape in the new season.

The purpose of the AD is supposedly that he represent Sally's suffering as an addict and she summoned him, but who's addiction manifests itself as a raping wax-man with a drilldo?

1. I fear that you're right. I mean, I should be used to his ways of making stuff a little too extreme but a lot of things still aren't fully explained about this character.

2. So it was just a nightmare born from her bad habits. Why does it just feed on raping people tho? Just how powerful could she be that she created something that could exist in both worlds: living and afterlife.

Pacify Him
7 minutes ago, Chris Evans said:

Didn't Mr. March hint he had control over it in the last episode? It seems like it only went for junkies with drug addictions 

He did but how can he? Is it like a ghost? Or maybe it's him in an outfit like Tate in Season 1

andy232000

probably the biggest plot hole. it was summoned by Sally´s pain. the AD attacks junkies because its a metaphor to how a drug can destroy and cause pain. it resulted from pleasure but turned into something deadly (like a drug that makes you feel elevated and high but kills your body). it only attacks addicts because thats what addictions do. there is no reason why Dr. March can control it tho. it can be concluded that once sally´s pain goes away when she becomes fascinated with technology the AD disappears because it feeds off pain, which no longer exists as the hotel was remodeled into a place of love

andy232000
1 minute ago, Satyromaniac said:

1. I fear that you're right. I mean, I should be used to his ways of making stuff a little too extreme but a lot of things still aren't fully explained about this character.

2. So it was just a nightmare born from her bad habits. Why does it just feed on raping people tho? Just how powerful could she be that she created something that could exist in both worlds: living and afterlife.

its supposed to show the destructive side of addiction. it eats you, hurts you kills you, controls you etc... the rape is just a visual that represents fear and pain.

andy232000

the AD is such an interesting and genius concept gone to waste and poorly executed. much like the whole potential of the season

Pacify Him
21 minutes ago, andy232000 said:

the AD is such an interesting and genius concept gone to waste and poorly executed. much like the whole potential of the season

Oh it is. Along with the people trapped in beds - I could make another thread about this but I think it's best left if I just think it's just another one of those habits Sally has.

She might even be the greatest character introduced into the show yet.

36 minutes ago, Chris Evans said:

Yeah I remember him saying that but it wasn't really explained how he can do that. What if it's actually him in an outfit much like his character in Season 1?

Archived