đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why did Honeymoon flop so hard?

danwasd

Featured Posts

Jesse Pinkman

I always get Honeymoon mixed up with Ariana's Moonlight. My heart jumpex for a second. :rip: 

It's science, bitch

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Born Brave

Im sure The Fame / The Fame Monster sold more than BTW and ARTPOP combined last week. Someone check that. 

Alcina Dimitrescu

Lana is the weirdest case of staying relevant. She doesnt tweet, doesnt sell singles, doesnt sell albums*, doesnt do promo or big performances and most importantly she doesnt care, yet here she is. One of the many reasons i love her

*As in, big pop stars.

This is totally the wrong subforum tho :air:

Prismatic

Because talent don't always win. 

There weren't any radio friendly songs. Even though the album sounds like a mix of BTD & UV, but there's barely any promos. 

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

i mean did she even tweet that she had an album out? 

no lana stan cares about  chart performances anymore

she created a fanbase in 2012 now shes all set. 

we are (most likely) going to get another album in 2016  btw :nick:

DiscoHeaven23

She released it way to close to Ultraviolence. A close release lowers demand cuz people are still enjoying the previous album. Had she waited a year, it would've done better. 

AyaKara

This thread belongs in Entertainment, not in Gaga Thoughts. I'm moving it for you. Thanks!

Do sales really mean anything to Lana? She gets harsh feedback with every album and still continues making beautiful music, even after saying 'I think I'm quitting music' -- she keeps going. Regardless of low sales, a lot of people know about her, and I've heard her played at restaurants (including romantic ones), lounges, and other places that aren't bars and clubs. I wouldn't worry about the sales too much.

You answered it yourself. She didn't promote and she doesn't want to. She's so uninterested in promoting that when she toured Ultraviolence the summer it came out she hardly played any songs from that album :rip: She was still prioritising album tracks from BTD/Paradise.

I don't think it could be deemed a flop if it had hardly any marketing/promotion to push it. If anything it's impressive that she could sell that much based off her name alone and two music videos.

Commercial success isn't relevant in Lana's career at all. She had her hit album and now she's set.

36 minutes ago, PaperIz said:

The quality has gone down a bit and a lot of the songs don't have a lot of cool unique production maybe? It's probably my least favorite thing from her, but I still bought it :laughga: another reason is thst probably only fans are really buying iy since she doesn't do promo....or change that much to where the gp can tell.

Doesn't have unique production? The production on Honeymoon is far more unique and interesting than the majority of other current pop music including the lady in your avi so I highly doubt that's a reason to explain low sales in today's commercial landscape.

PaperIz
Just now, Harry said:

Doesn't have unique production? The production on Honeymoon is far more unique and interesting than the majority of other current pop music including the lady in your avi so I highly doubt that's a reason to explain low sales in today's commercial landscape.

Well I mean, I know the differences in the production of the albums especially since I have them all, but to just a regular non-fan, they might think all the albums sound the same. At least that's how my friends view it since I'm the only one of us who likes Lana :emma:

Archived