💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why did Honeymoon flop so hard?

danwasd

Featured Posts

elijahfan

Well, I think the album is terrible for the most part. I'm a huge Lana fan and I didn't even buy it, so that says a lot.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It flopped because no one even knew she had a new record out. And that's okay. Lana just releases her records and then let it go, that's it.

16 hours ago, Emigrante said:

To be honest her recent music videos are nothing compared to the BTD era.

@teddxy Lana is not someone who can be replaced in that way. She's above this childish rotation.

i was just kidding :rip:

Please correct me if I make any grammar mistakes, I want to master English as much as possible.

Illuminati

I really want her to release a successful album just to show that she isn't a one hit wonder but at the same time I love that she doesn't seem to be bothered about sales and just sticks to her loyal fanbase and releases what she seems to like.

Tommy Monster

I guess people were dissatisfied with Ultraviolencr and gave up on her :awkney: again, as our good sis ARTPOP, a good album suffers because of its bad predecessor :emma:

No hate to any of those albums, just my personal view :tongue:

StrawberryBlond

She chooses to be under the radar. She didn't promote, it didn't sell, simple. Lana is simply an artist who likes to put out music for the public to enjoy but doesn't feel she owes us any more than that. And I think she's fine with having a small fanbase and not being pictured everywhere she goes. Celebrity life isn't really her bag. The fact she can make music and put it out there is already achieveing her dream, she doesn't want any more than that.

But it's a shame, because Honeymoon is my favourite album of the year. It needs to be heard and appreciated. But then, her opus is her biggest seller, a multi million one, so I'm happy she achieved huge success with her greatest work at least.

Prismatic
17 hours ago, FlopSlut said:

It was suchchchchchchchc a boring album :toofunny: 

I'm sincerely worry about your music taste, son. 

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

FlopSlut
2 hours ago, Prismatic said:

I'm sincerely worry about your music taste, son. 

Daddy I love it when you call me "son" :hor: now teach me a lesson :stalkga: 

Flopenstein

her music got worse and samey with each album

I was obsessed with BTD, but she lost me with Ultraviolence and Honeymoon was meh

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

juicyjuicy
15 hours ago, elijahfan said:

Well, I think the album is terrible for the most part. I'm a huge Lana fan and I didn't even buy it, so that says a lot.

This sfm.

Don't rip me apart. Just being honest here too. I really, really loved Born to Die and thought it was a solid album. I was a HUGE Lana fan then. Then she released Ultraviolent, which took me some time to get into since it wasn't what I expected and a rather different sound from her. There were some great songs on it and then some I just really didn't care for. I only listened to Ultraviolent a few times and quickly grew bored of it. Born to Die I could listen to over and over again - it's timeless, imo.

When she released Honeymoon, I was interested to see if she could top Born to Die for me. Nope. It fell so flat. All the songs sounded so drawn out and boring. I didn't like the sound at all. I couldn't even give it one full listen.

Bad promo...she only released 2 videos and there's not gonna be a tour. She kinda stays under the radar nowadays too.

As for the album itself, I like it a lot but the production sucks like where are the drums at sis?

It has nothing to do with a lack of promotion. Lanas proven time and again that promotion is kind of irrelevant to her success.

Honeymoon was simply just not an exciting release. It combined elements of Born To Die with elements of Ultraviolence and had no personality of its own. It was/is nothing to write home about and thus its performance matched its blahness. We witnessed Lana Del Rey release her 3rd shade of grey. She needs to reinvigorate her output.

Archived