Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Countess glove vs. OJ's glove

ReidOne

Featured Posts

ReidOne

I was in LA yesterday and saw street posters advertising American Crime Story.... Notice how OJ's infamous glove takes center stage in the promo poster. As Ryan Murphy's follow-up to AHS: Hotel, is this in some small way a subtle nod to The Countess weapon of choice?? I totally think so. Definitely a reach, but something to consider... This detail would totally be lost on most, but I think it's brilliant! Ryan Murphy is a genius. 

b7gbnr.jpg

CX-zrx2WMAARcKJ.jpg

ReidOne

For the record, I don't believe this is some "grand statement" about the Countess... Simply Ryan Murphy subtly bridging his two projects. 

PartySick

Unless I'm wrong, the thing that convinced the jury of OJ's innocence is that the glove didn't fit (so they had to acquit)

It's a big part of the story so I think that's probably why :yes:

💚

ReidOne
Just now, PartySick said:

Unless I'm wrong, the thing that convinced the jury of OJ's innocence is that the glove didn't fit (so they had to acquit)

For sure!! It's absolutely central to the OJ story. I just love how, in the marketing, Ryan Murphy is tying his two most recent lead "killers" together with their gloves! :D

Also.... 

harry-reaching-for-something-dh.jpg

... I know it!! LOL! :D

RAYA.core

Its such an accessory 

╰☆╮𝙸𝚐𝚗𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚒𝚜𝚖. 𝙻𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚎... ☆╮JOINED November 25 2011

ReidOne

I'm also curious how the series will handle OJ's guilt vs. innocence... Will they portray him as the murderer? Or will they leave it ambiguous? 

Surely they will leave it ambiguous... If they don't, they are stepping into all kinds of drama. Will be interesting to see! Can't wait. 

Iwontell

I'm really interested in this new serie...
I wonder how reality-based they intend to be....

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

HausOfMark

No, its not a nod to The Countess. It was a big part of the OJ Simpson, which is what this show is about. This actually happened. 

I think some people think that Ryan made this show up when he stated this series is a showing the behind the scenes of actual trials.

-Mark

RebeldeFaith
50 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Makes me wonder if the hand in the poster is his or someone elses.

Something something idk

ReidOne
Just now, RebeldeFaith said:

You read my mind... 

PartySick
4 minutes ago, RebeldeFaith said:

Well that glove clearly fits so maybe it's not his :ohno:

💚

ReidOne

On the subject of "will Ryan Murphy portray OJ as guilty?" .... Even the LA Times TODAY is discussing the way that Ryan Murphy portrays people of color in his series. Which, as a self-aware person, seems to indicate that Ryan would know better than to portray OJ as the undisputed killer. So... It's totally worth considering that this series may introduce some alternatives to the story we've been told in the media. 

t64120.jpg

Source: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-people-v-oj-simpson-ryan-murphy-race-20160114-story.html

Archived