Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

What era did you become a little monster?

ComeToMama

Featured Posts

SirLudicopro

I became a little monster right after she dropped Just Dance (it became almost instantly popular here in Quebec in the summer of 2008 instead of the end of the year like in the US). I stayed a fan right until the end of the TFM era (I was 11 at that point). I kind of stopped listening to her music for two reasons though. First, I was really craving for new Gaga music and I found a live performance of You & I (before BTW came out). I was extremely disappointed, I didn't like the song at all (now I think it's fine, although it's not one of my favorites) so it kind of killed my hype for the (not yet announced) new album (don't judge me plz I know it was dumb of me to judge a whole album because of a single performance before it's even out). It was also around that time I started realizing I might be gay and I didn't want anyone around me to suspect anything so I stopped listening to pop music altogether tbh. I skipped the BTW era and the ARTPOP era. Then, this summer, I came out to my parents (I already came out to a few friends before tho), so after that happened, I really felt like I could start being true to myself. A little before I came out to my parents, I was already kind of jumping back into the little monster train (watched a lot of Gaga MVs), so after I did come out, I just went ahead and listened to all of her stuff (ARTPOP particularly blew me away) and I fell in love with her all over again.

Sorry for the long story, just wanted to share this story with y'all.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was obsessed with her when I joined GGD. :emma: I was a fan for years before that though. Maybe since 2011?

If you count loving Just Dance at a school dance, 2008. :laughga:

Tommy Monster

I saw and heard Bad romance for the first time and since it slayed my existence, I became hooked as phuck :giveup: 

Got little dissapointed with BTW and even kind of bored with her as she was everywhere, never stopped stanning though, and when ARTPOP came out, I was blown away once again :nick:

I discovered Gaga after watching the Paparazzi video on MTV and thought that she's pretty weird but the song is catchy af and then found myself searching for more music from her and here I am now. Paparazzi still one of my fav tbh. :wub:

eat me out

BeautyisaLie

I remember I liked Just Dance and Poker Face when they came out, but I got really interested in her after listening to 'Paparazzi', that chorus just blew my mind, so I decided to download the full album and I became addicted to it, but it still was just interested in her. I think everything changed after watching these 2 live performances in early 2009, from that moment I became a fan.

🎼 It's dark but just a game. 🖤🎧

I became a Little Monster during those 30 seconds! (Winning at the 2010 VMAs and announcing BTW!)

A cruel king made me tough / This boy's never good enough

Pierre

Casual fan: Just Dance

Mother monster yasssss you look so good: Alejandro, end of TFM.

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

OMonster

When I was younger (I'm 18 now), I used to see GaGa everywhere (she got that promo), and whilst I instantly connected with her (probably mid-TF), it's actually a connection I chose to oppress for a long, long time. I knew from the media (and from the reactions I got when I did initially declare myself a little monster) that she was associated with the LGBT community, and as a closet-gay, that bloody petrified me. I wen't through a stage where I totally hated my sexuality, and so rejected anything that would make the rumours at school worse. I so wish I didn't do that. When I did come round to GaGa, things changed so quickly for me. 

In 2013, I lived away from home for a year, and it was then that I began (slowly) to accept my sexuality. With that, I immediately turned to GaGa. I'd stay up almost every night watching old performances, interviews, music videos and brought all of her albums. In a weird way, I kinda do feel like I've been there for each era if that makes sense. As cliche as it sounds, this woman really has had the biggest impact on me - and continues to do so. 

A few months after that, ARTPOP came along, and god that album is my DNA. I don't care what Elton says, ARTPOP is a masterpiece. I owe so much to that record, and all her previous one's too, really. In fact, my favourite GaGa song is Hair (pls can we not talk about the studio version tho... like I'm sorry, but I'm only here for the piano versions). I just love it so much. 

So yeah, I'd say ARTPOP is when I finally became a little monster. Weirdly, it's not my favourite album musically, but I think it's what surrounded the album for me that made it so powerful. I'd also say that it's GaGa's acoustic performances that really drew me in. Her performance of 'Hair' on Howard Stern completely sold me. 

(I just posted this in the introductory thread but thought I'd paste it here as, unintentionally, it's actually far more relevant to your question than it is for a a simple 'hey' :rip:). 

subtext / fantasy

• 5 months later...
Vanilla
On 1/18/2016 at 8:53 AM, newalk said:

Just before the release of ARTPOP, but since then been given a total music re-education on TFM and BTW

I remember giving that education!

I won't die, but I can't live without you

15jocart

I joined OperationGaga shortly before Applause was released I think :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Been a long time but I'm back in town, and this time I'm not leaving without you

ReidOne

I was a "fan" the first moment I heard "Just Dance"..... May/June 2008

...I became a true fan when her album leaked in August (?) 2008

...I became a Little Monster fall 2008 when I saw the "Poker Face" video of her climbing out of the pool with lightning behind her while wearing a disco ball mask, flanked by dogs. 

dogs-lady-gaga-mask-music-video-pokerfac

ChasingGhosts

Born This Way!  :unicorn:

Born This Way > Joanne > The Fame Monster > The Fame > ARTPOP

Archived