💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you know WHEN the French version of AHS Hotel will be there?

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

ViviLittleM

Yep!

The VOST FR is already there, but do u know when the french version of AHS Hotel will be available?

I'm not ready to hear Gaga's French voice

Machete Kills one was awful.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gagadonna

I don't know, but I hope the French voice for Gaga's character will be OK because her French voice on Machete Kills is ridiculous 

If i ever watch the show believe me it will be in english, i hate french translations so much

Why are some countries still dubbing hollywood series, movies and even interviews? :saladga:

FreePalestine

elijahfan
6 minutes ago, VampireHeart said:

Why are some countries still dubbing hollywood series, movies and even interviews? :saladga:

... because people aren't necessarily fluent in English, and don't want to bother reading subs. Fair enough. I have met several times with actors who dub movies and TV shows, and have nothing but immense admiration to their work and to their sense of humility.

6 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

... because people aren't necessarily fluent in English, and don't want to bother reading subs. Fair enough. I have met several times with actors who dub movies and TV shows, and have nothing but immense admiration to their work and to their sense of humility.

and it's not a coincidence that people speak/understand better English in countries where subtitles are more common. I understand for children movies, but actors who dub movies can never replace original voices. Also when an artist or a band is internationally known, fans around the world would love to know and hear what they are saying in interviews, but instead they hear French, Russian and German voices. And that's just stupid imo. 

FreePalestine

elijahfan
4 minutes ago, VampireHeart said:

and it's not a coincidence that people speak/understand better English in countries where subtitles are more common. I understand for children movies, but actors who dub movies can never replace original voices. Also when an artist or a band is internationally known, fans around the world would love to know and hear what they are saying in interviews, but instead they hear French, Russian and German voices. And that's just stupid imo. 

I do prefer seeing and hearing movies the way they were initially made and conceived, but most people just DON'T CARE. Also, for interviews, it's not dubbing strictly speaking as the translation doesn't have to fit the lip movements and you can still faintly hear the actual voice of the person in the background.

But you know, it's just part of our culture. Most people don't care about real voices, and they also don't care about speaking/understanding English better: all they want to do is watch something in their language and be entertained, and that's all. And I have respect for that, and also for the people behind the voices who are incredibly talented and do a great damn job. And by saying dubbing is stupid, you are basically insulting for sure 90% of the people in my country. I don't know where you're from and what your nationality is, but let me tell you that speaking English is not a mandatory thing and foreign people who aren't fluent in English live a perfectly normal life, thank you very much :toofunny:

RAMROD

What is French dub of machete kills? Any videos? :laughga:

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: AND I'M VICTORIA, MALCOLM! (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

5 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

I do prefer seeing and hearing movies the way they were initially made and conceived, but most people just DON'T CARE. Also, for interviews, it's not dubbing strictly speaking as the translation doesn't have to fit the lip movements and you can still faintly hear the actual voice of the person in the background.

But you know, it's just part of our culture. Most people don't care about real voices, and they also don't care about speaking/understanding English better: all they want to do is watch something in their language and be entertained, and that's all. And I have respect for that, and also for the people behind the voices who are incredibly talented and do a great damn job. And by saying dubbing is stupid, you are basically insulting for sure 90% of the people in my country. I don't know where you're from and what your nationality is, but let me tell you that speaking English is not a mandatory thing and foreign people who aren't fluent in English live a perfectly normal life, thank you very much :toofunny:

Yeah I'm not a native English speaker and subtitles are more common where I'm coming from, watching movies and listening music helped a lot in expanding my vocabulary. It's not just what you study in school. I know some French people take pride in their language and refuse to speak English, but that's their own loss. It's still an international language. It's not an insult, I don't see the "some people don't bother to read subtitles" as a valid reason. You have your own French actors and singers to entertain in your native language. Maybe dubbing is an insult to  the original actors in the movie? Why not go further, make someone translate and sing instead of Lady Gaga on her albums? lol

And no, in 90% of the interviews you can hear a word here and there and still have no idea what the artist actually said, it's just annoying. 

But whatever. 

FreePalestine

elijahfan
1 minute ago, VampireHeart said:

Yeah I'm not a native English speaker and subtitles are more common where I'm coming from, watching movies and listening music helped a lot in expanding my vocabulary. It's not just what you study in school. I know some French people take pride in their language and refuse to speak English, but that's their own loss. It's still an international language. It's not an insult, I don't see the "some people don't bother to read subtitles" as a valid reason. You have your own French actors and singers to entertain in your native language. Maybe dubbing is an insult to  the original actors in the movie? Why not go further, make someone translate and sing instead of Lady Gaga on her albums? lol

And no, in 90% of the interviews you can hear a word here and there and still have no idea what the artist actually said, it's just annoying. 

But whatever. 

I was fluent by the age of 15 just watching movies in original version, so you're preaching to the converted here. You need to understand that I'm totally on your side when it comes to this question. But what I mean is that you need to respect other people's choices, nobody should be forced to do anything they don't want to. Also, dubbing is definitely an alteration of the director's vision, which is the reason why I prefer far more original versions, but we are just a couple people viewing film as art, whereas most of the general public views it as mere entertainment. Film is also an industry, and unfortunately the industrial part takes over most of the time, and the director's initial vision becomes secondary to basically making the product available to the largest audience possible. These are the rules.

And what I also wanted to express is that actors who dub really do their best to respect the intention of the original version - they're a necessary "evil" in the international industry, but they could do a much worse work than what they do, and I really want to underline that point.

The dubbing is part of the conspiracy of the French government to keep the French people inside the French bubble.

All the excuses are bullshit, people prefers subs overs dubs!!

Wanna do a rally with me? OUI SUB NON DUB!!!

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

elijahfan
1 hour ago, River said:

The dubbing is part of the conspiracy of the French government to keep the French people inside the French bubble.

All the excuses are bullshit, people prefers subs overs dubs!!

Wanna do a rally with me? OUI SUB NON DUB!!!

Not sure if joking or... :awkney:

monketsharona
2 hours ago, VampireHeart said:

Put Englisg series on French and I'm pretty sure 0.01% of the population would watch TV

Archived