27 minutes ago, Steve Nasty said:

Can you remind me when she said this?

I'm pretty sure it's when John and his family are leaving the Hotel 

He/They

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JustPokeHerFace

The characters and acting (with the exception of the Lowe family, they were boring as ****). 

The set and mood of the hotel. 

This season tied together most of its loose ends. Best since season 2 to do so imo. 

It was pretty dark.

Dislikes

The writing. I felt like the storyline lacked substance. What made MH and Asylum stick out so much was the fact that there was deeper meaning in both seasons' plots (letting infidelity control you and the different aspects of insanity, as well as the extremes in both science and religion). Hotel's theme was addiction, but it didn't say anything about addiction like MH or Asylum. 

It also tried too hard to be edgy, and that didn't translate well imo. 

Overall: Asylum >>> MH > Hotel > Coven >>>> Freak Show

andy232000

the plot had the best potential. but the season has lots and lots and lots of ups and downs, the finale, sadly being the biggest let down of all. yes most characters were useless and it was just wasted potential like asylum (to me). i like the season overal but i cant call it the best. i wouldnt call it the worst neither tjo

andy232000

characters

concepts

darkness in it

the effects and production

acting

DISLIKE:

too many secondary plot likes that are unresolevd

that they destroyed the whole "countess arc" by having her go back to her old ways in the finale...like yes i liked the "Jawlines for days" ending, it was a nice touch..but what does ryan expect of me? to forget the whole last episode where she cried over donovan dying and that she realized she actually loved him? NO. 

RebeldeFaith
2 hours ago, Satyromaniac said:

It's not scary. I love the idea of a coven of vampires but there are many other potential horror elements they could've used. In fact, I just recently watched a movie a few days ago that surprisingly was set in an apartment and involves psychotic sex and murder which is done better than this show. Det. Lowe's arc is uninteresting. The buildup is pretty meh. Too much sex basically but I loved the slashing the victim sex, I thought it was crazy.

I actually think the plot could stretch for more episodes because everything still felt unfinished. Gaga's presence made me endure the entire season.

What movie? I'm interested. :omg:

Something something idk

Pacify Him
Just now, RebeldeFaith said:

What movie? I'm interested. :omg:

The Strange Color Of Your Body's Tears

You can watch it on Netflix US. It has a difficult plot to understand though and it's more like an arthouse french film

I’m getting on your nerves

Kulture Kiari

Interviewer: Rubberheartt, how mad are you about AHS ending?

Me: So mad! I am drunk but I rather continue watching Naruto than this bullsh1t of an ending! Congratz to Gaga for that award 'cause she truly deserves it! But Ryan's screenwriting skills sucks balls! 

RebeldeFaith
1 hour ago, Satyromaniac said:

The Strange Color Of Your Body's Tears

You can watch it on Netflix US. It has a difficult plot to understand though and it's more like an arthouse french film

It sounds interesting. I will watch it. :omg:

Thanks! ;)

Something something idk

Hellspont

Flicker was amazing and the first two episodes were fun as hell. It was just a lot of nonsense that didnt feel like a connected story.

Asylum> Murder house> Coven > Hotel > Freak Show

AlexanderLevi2

I feel that Ryan Murphy starts with these amazing ideas and really gets the ball rolling but then ends up fumbling over himself in the end. I agree that a lot of the  side characters were never developed and seemed like set pieces rather than characters. I really believe that Ryan got lucky with his first two seasons... He was probably pressured more by the producers/executives to get the story more focused than all over the place. I still was entertained by the show but it didn't really make me think much further than what was shown to me on screen.

I also do like when characters from other seasons join but if it's just "for the fandoms" and doesn't affect anything permanently to the plot... It's just a marketing and buzz tool. And I really thought there was going to be an Asylum connection (because of the nuns in the opening credits) but nothing in the show related to them ?????

Currently listening to Joanne

Didymus

- idea of the hotel, inspired by H. H. Holmes
- some characters (esp. Sally)
- the inclusion of some amazing oldies in the soundtrack
- the Flicker episode
- the sequence of the Countess and James getting married, f-cking and her catching him cutting up a homeless guy (best scene in the season)
- the unveiling of Bartholomew's face (however useless it was)

Dislikes:
- horrible writing
- horrible writing
- horrible writing
- horrible writing
- the scary parts being completely unscary

- the "scary" soundtrack ruining most of the tense scenes
- the best ideas being insultingly underused in favor of rubbish

Rudz Xinc

Like :

- The characters except John and Alex

- The soundtrack

- The sets

- Gaga's fabulous fashion

Dislike :

- The TCK plot

- Too much sex (the beginning is cool, but getting repetitive)

- Devil's Night Episode

- Gaga's death

Look at those clowns

XoXoJoanneGaga

Liked:

- The soundtrack, which was excellent in the early season and again in the finale, was the one thing that gave the season some semblance of atmosphere and coherence. 

- Sarah Paulson

That's about it for the most part. I don't know why AHS fell off so hard after Asylum, but maybe the Golden Globe win coupled with the vocal criticisms of this season's writing will push them to get back on their game next season, who knows. 

Archived