Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

"Gaga won the GP back"

Ronlop

Featured Posts

Just now, Andreyw said:

it's just your immagination

tumblr_n4lriahTDq1t0zh3ho2_500.gif

Lol okay :rip: I guess. Don't know why you're against me all of a sudden but alright..

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PunkTheFunk
2 minutes ago, Ronlop said:

I think the last two years just made more hardcore Gaga fans leave to be honest because what they fell in-love with became 'boring'. I don't know though, we'll see.

Yes, very true. But I would argue that this Golden Globes win pushed her into the public spotlight in a way that BTW/ARTPOP could never do. The casual, less hardcore fans that fill up arenas/stadiums and buy her music seem to make up a larger part of her fanbase than the die-hard stans. When Gaga started focusing her efforts on the die-hard stans with BTW, it might have alienated those casual (and mostly straight?) fans and I'd say that was the beginning of her 'decline.' She might be a bit boring now, but I'd say she's becoming a bit more accessible to the public and at least everyone will start talking about her again.

Andreyw
1 minute ago, Ronlop said:

Lol okay :rip: I guess. Don't know why you're against me all of a sudden but alright..

so having diferent opinions mean that I'm being against you? lol

giskardsb
29 minutes ago, Ronlop said:

I can agree with that.

I think that's what the majority of this fanbase really want from Gaga tbqh. I know a minority here wants her to show her vocals or go towards an experimental route but I think most of the fanbase just want her to release insanely catchy pop tunes with slaying choreography following some cool weird outfits. 

I guess she should also turn 19 again and bring back hairbows and the disco stick. 

2 minutes ago, Andreyw said:

so having diferent opinions mean that I'm being against you? lol

:rip: This gif

She could win back the GP if, and only if she had a string of successful singles again.
And that is the only way.

Just look at bieber.

No one actually cares about Gaga as a person (except for a few GGD die hards on here), not even me and I am a stan. It begins and ends with the music. That's what counts. She can be a great actress but what does that actually matter? The world still sees her as a singer, and she is currently not a successful one. She has to redeem herself with LG5

Whispering

To clarify this...you are basing Gaga's standing in the public eye on youtube comments? You do realize that comments on videos there are like the cesspool of comment sections, right? 

A video could show a person rescuing a kitten from a tree and people in the comments section would tear them apart and make lewd, tasteless comments about the person. You are basing an observation on a medium where rude comments are encouraged and the norm! 

Whispering
1 hour ago, Creyk said:

She could win back the GP if, and only if she had a string of successful singles again.
And that is the only way.

Just look at bieber.

No one actually cares about Gaga as a person (except for a few GGD die hards on here), not even me and I am a stan. It begins and ends with the music. That's what counts. She can be a great actress but what does that actually matter? The world still sees her as a singer, and she is currently not a successful one. She has to redeem herself with LG5

How is she not a successful singer? Her last two albums went number one and her last pop album ended up in the top 10 selling albums of the year. She had two top 10 hits. 

What determines a "successful singer" anyhow? Is that artist in your avi a successful singer? 

Didymus

If you seriously think that people think she's still walking around in meat dresses you're just being willfully ignorant.

This whole thing is about: when do you consider her to have made a significant change? Obviously hundreds of thousands upon hundreds of thousands of people know about her jazz period (even if all they know is she's been singing jazz), but apparently that's not enough for you, so then what is? She performed at some of the biggest entertainment events in the last two years in a strikingly different way than the Lady Gaga persona you think people are still thinking about, but even that's not enough to convince you that most people are still not over the fact that she wore meat in 2010. So what is enough?

Is it that everyone talks about her in praise? Would that be enough? 'cause honey, that NEVER happened, not once during her entire career. She has been getting wild, irrational hate from the minute she stepped out the door as Lady Gaga. So in that case there is no going "back" to anything. So then what do you expect? I'd like to know that.

Brooke Hoegan

Of course she won no one back, please be realistic people... :emma:

She's absent from music for 2 whole years... and even in 2013 her success was very small, that year belonged to Katy and Miley.

Fans think everyone thought it was Gaga's year because she was doing great things and receiving awards

But GP simply DOESN'T CARE about all that... She has no songs and no videos that are popular, just log out from here and look around, when people care, there are the views - and she simply doesn't have that right now (and no, #1 on some minor gay club chart is not relevant, sorry...)

Gaga can really only win people back with great new album - and that's still to happen, don't forget that.

Also, don't forget - USA is not the whole world :green:

13 minutes ago, Didymus said:

If you seriously think that people think she's still walking around in meat dresses you're just being willfully ignorant.

This whole thing is about: when do you consider her to have made a significant change? Obviously hundreds of thousands upon hundreds of thousands of people know about her jazz period (even if all they know is she's been singing jazz), but apparently that's not enough for you, so then what is? She performed at some of the biggest entertainment events in the last two years in a strikingly different way than the Lady Gaga persona you think people are still thinking about, but even that's not enough to convince you that most people are still not over the fact that she wore meat in 2010. So what is enough?

Is it that everyone talks about her in praise? Would that be enough? 'cause honey, that NEVER happened, not once during her entire career. She has been getting wild, irrational hate from the minute she stepped out the door as Lady Gaga. So in that case there is no going "back" to anything. So then what do you expect? I'd like to know that.

I would consider her to have made a significant change when her transformation is received in a mainstream way. It did touch hundreds of thousands perhaps but that's really nothing and has little to no impact to her general image. I'm not talking about praise although I guess that would come with showing nothing but talent. I mean what is it to bash if talent is all you're selling? 

"So then what do you expect?"- What I would personally expect is irrelevant but I'll answer it to you anyways. I really don't think she needs to change her image because I doubt it'll work the way her original image worked out. I found her original image much more interesting and I think that's why 99% of us are even here in this site and that's truly what most of this fanbase want back. (Just a theory)

To sum it up,Gaga didn't win the GP back in 2015. She won maybe hundreds or thousands but yes, that is not enough to say that she "Re-invented her public image" and I heard that alot here in GGD.

I guess it just generally worries me that this fanbase now puts so much emphasis on award shows like the Golden Globes to prove "Gaga is slaying".

Brooke Hoegan
4 minutes ago, Ronlop said:

I would consider her to have made a significant change when her transformation is received in a mainstream way. It did touch hundreds of thousands perhaps but that's really nothing and has little to no impact to her general image. I'm not talking about praise although I guess that would come with showing nothing but talent. I mean what is it to bash if talent is all you're selling? 

"So then what do you expect?"- What I would personally expect is irrelevant but I'll answer it to you anyways. I really don't think she needs to change her image because I doubt it'll work the way her original image worked out. I found her original image much more interesting and I think that's why 99% of us are even here in this site and that's truly what most of this fanbase want back. (Just a theory)

To sum it up,Gaga didn't win the GP back in 2015. She won maybe hundreds or thousands but yes, that is not enough to say that she "Re-invented her public image" and I heard that alot here in GGD.

I guess it just generally worries me that this fanbase now puts so much emphasis on award shows like the Golden Globes to prove "Gaga is slaying".

Now I forsee something

There will be huge meltdowns on here when it turns out she actually has to work really hard to have successful singles / album this next era

I am already seeing discussions like "Why her single isn't doing as good as predicted ? She had such a huge year in 2015 ? WHAT HAPPENED :giveup: ?!!!111one1!!1!one  "

Tihty is really excellent song. I don't see how anyone think there are much better songs to be using air time up with than tihty. It is good to listen all day rather than wasting resources on songs that are naturephobic.

Archived