Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

Gaga's criticism of being "wooden" on AHS is misguided

Quark

Featured Posts

LePetitGAGABLover
1 hour ago, Warholian said:

It was definitely a publicity move. I'll be frank and say she didn't deserve to win with the women she was up against. It's clear they gave probably more rich and experienced performances than Gaga could muster. It's delusional to think that Gaga seriously outperformed all of those women on her first professional acting gig. I'm incredibly happy for her and I think she worked tremendously hard, but to say she won the award based entirely on her performance seems a little misguided. I think we should take into consideration the criticisms coming from the general public and not just defend her until we die. She didn't do anything wrong, it was the golden globes that gave the award to her.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This. Though she was not the "best" actor, she managed to pull off a really complex character. I mean, what i've seen from the other nominees acting, they were the typical cliche Hollywood acting.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MJHolland
1 hour ago, LebaneseDude said:

I hate this notion.

Criticism has its time and place. This is not it, especially when it's unwarranted and undeserved.

Even her "little mouse scenes" can be justified as her being purposely naive and overdramatic (to the point of feeling fake) given the context of the show. 

Since we both know that this speculation, just as much as your assumptions are, it's best not to say anything.

Like always I disagree.

The show was still being shot as the first half of the season was being show to the GP. Therefore, it was and still is extremely important for us as fans and the general public to be giving the AHS cast criticism if their goal is not rubbing off the way they want to convey it.

How else was Gaga supposed to grow in her medium without criticism? She can handle it, unlike what some people apparently think on this forum *side eyes*.

LebaneseDude
21 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

Like always I disagree.

The show was still being shot as the first half of the season was being show to the GP. Therefore, it was and still is extremely important for us as fans and the general public to be giving the AHS cast criticism if their goal is not rubbing off the way they want to convey it.

How else was Gaga supposed to grow in her medium without criticism? She can handle it, unlike what some people apparently think on this forum *side eyes*.

How is your opinion remotely relevant? She received criticism by the relevant people and she handled it..

Edited just now by LebaneseDude.

MJHolland
Just now, LebaneseDude said:

How is your opinion remotely relevant? She received criticism by the relevant people and she handled it.

You're right, the opinion of the general public (of which I belong to) does't matter.

*Eye-roll into infinity*

LebaneseDude
1 minute ago, MJHolland said:

You're right, the opinion of the general public (of which I belong to) does't matter.

*Eye-roll into infinity*

Since when do you equate the general public?

You and all the "Little Critics" have to point out every single flaw, as if your opinion means anything.

Disagree all you want. I'd rather enjoy things rather than open my mouth every time something skips a beat.

Oh and the GP don't give a **** about her acting as much as you do. Let's be real. More people care about her ass than how she said a line. 

LebaneseDude

This forum is full of condescending little shits with superiority complexes.

MJHolland
1 minute ago, LebaneseDude said:

Since when do you equate the general public?

You and all the "Little Critics" have to point out every single flaw, as if your opinion means anything.

Disagree all you want. I'd rather enjoy things rather than open my mouth every time something skips a beat.

Oh and the GP don't give a **** about her acting as much as you do. Let's be real. More people care about her ass than how she said a line. 

Personally, I've never critiqued Gaga's acting on this site nor in real life.

You need to put your claws back in honey, you're getting way too worked up bud...

MJHolland
1 minute ago, LebaneseDude said:

This forum is full of condescending little shits with superiority complexes.

You mad, bro?

LebaneseDude
Just now, MJHolland said:

Personally, I've never critiqued Gaga's acting on this site nor in real life.

You need to put your claws back in honey, you're getting way too worked up bud...

Ad hominem is the way to go when you have nothing of importance to say.

LebaneseDude
2 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

You mad, bro?

Where do you see me being mad? I'm calling you out on your **** with a straight face.

Take some criticism. It might be good for you. :emma:

Helxig

Yeah this is the only problem I foresaw with this being her acting debut when her character was described. I knew that playing a hard, emotionless character would confuse people and lead them to believe that she is doing a bad job acting. But in reality she portrayed the character perfectly! There were plenty of scenes though that were so perfect and full of emotion. When she first broke up with Donovan and they were arguing "it's the heartbreaks. The bigger... the better", when she was explaining the rules to Tristan and put her heel on his chest "and don't, fall in love.", when she killed Ramona's boyfriend "it's sad, he could've been something", all the flashback scenes in her backstory "three weeks...", when she was so done with everything and gave that intro monologue "a woman can only be pushed so far, and I'm right on the edge", when she found Alex had saved Bartholomew "you saved my son", when she slapped James March and screamed at him when he was speaking do the contractor "are you out of your goddamn mind"... and many more. I want to see her do something different now, and kill that role too. Something less.... bitchy.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

sipthistea
2 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Agreed. This is her first serious acting role and she made immense progress within a matter of 11 episodes. Can you imagine how good she'll be in a few years? :giveup:

Very proud of her. Such a hard worker. These kind of things tell me I stan for the right person. I knew it since the beginning.

3 hours ago, Warholian said:

It was definitely a publicity move. I'll be frank and say she didn't deserve to win with the women she was up against. It's clear they gave probably more rich and experienced performances than Gaga could muster. It's delusional to think that Gaga seriously outperformed all of those women on her first professional acting gig. I'm incredibly happy for her and I think she worked tremendously hard, but to say she won the award based entirely on her performance seems a little misguided. I think we should take into consideration the criticisms coming from the general public and not just defend her until we die. She didn't do anything wrong, it was the golden globes that gave the award to her.

But that is your opinion. And why does is matter if this is Gaga's first acting performance? If she did a good job the first time, then there shouldn't be a problem.

Didymus
4 hours ago, LebaneseDude said:

Well, now that I'm focusing on her acting, it was very blatantly obvious that she was overemoting the entire time. The entire scene didn't feel natural at all. 

CACKLING

Here you are telling everyone they don't know **** and they shouldn't judge anything because they don't know if it's proper acting or not and then you post this.

In every single thread I see you correcting people when you clearly never take your own advice (or orders, I should say). Just stop, let people say what they wanna say :air: This is a forum.

It's also misguided thinking the other way around, thinking she did great because the character is cold.

What matters now is that she'll have another role some time in the future and she'll have to deliver and prove she can really act, and deserves the recognition.

It's a double edge sword. She gets publicity (and so do the GG) but she's in another situation where she has to, yet again, prove herself how she's worthy. Though i feel she lives to prove herself and it makes her go beyond her limits, it's not that healty. I would have preferred she hadn't won the award. But that's how it is, i'm happy.

Archived