šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did Stefani just imply "Lady Gaga" is a character?

ReidOne

Featured Posts

elijahfan

omg, here we go again.....

What she means is that she had to pretend to be somebody else to be herself. Lady Gaga isn't a character in the sense of something totally different than what she is - it is, or at least was, a shield to protect herself and be brave enough to put her heart and soul out into the world. Sometimes, to be truly yourself, it is easier to pretend to be somebody else.

ReidOne

[MODS: feel free to close the topic! Did not intend to resurrect this discussion! Thank you.]

it doesn't matter to me personally - she's an ARTIST and that's what's important. To herself, it's always gonna be about her not you.

Ā 

Ā 

Reality

Lady Gaga isĀ herĀ character. She's Gaga, and Stefani, and the Countess. Gaga's expressed many times that she's obsessed with transformation and being different characters. She'll forever beĀ Lady Gaga.Ā 

šŸƒšŸ–¤šŸ‘¹

RAMROD

Umm, Lady Gaga is her personaĀ that she found whenĀ playing Jazz when she was 13. Where have youĀ been?Ā :green:

(ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰āœ§*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ā“č‰øļ½€*) ā™”ā™”ā™”

Didymus

"I'm Stefani Germanotta and I created Lady Gaga to cope with my depression."

Just said this year.

There are several explanations for her sudden turn (and I only mean that in the sense that she never would have said this before 2014, which demands consideration) and for the fact that she always rolled her eyes at interviewers asking her who "the real girl" behind Lady Gaga was imo so it's not that easy as people here pretend it is.

But in any case, one major difference lies in presentation: at this moment in space and time it suits Gaga's interests to call nearly everything pre-2014 an exercise instead of something that represents her true self. In 2008 it suited her interests to state that her act wasn't a performance. I think that's the best way to look at it.

AnglerfishbraBENUS

LOL obviously she isn't talking about 'Lady Gaga.'

Ā 

are you forgetting Venus? Jo, Yuyi? Even her paparazzi persona with the tea cup. Etc. those are the characters that she plays.Ā 

Yes, but what she's saying (and I didn't fully understand it until this quote), is that she literally BECOMES the character that she creates. She lives it and breathes it. She did it with Lady Gaga, she did it with the Countess, she did it with Jo Calderone and countless other "side characters" like Yuyi, Goddess of Love, Candy Warhol, etc. So even though each one is a creation, and is method acting at its core, it is still an extension of herself and she embodies each character fully. Ā That's what I get from it.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canŹ¹t look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

ashamednudist
7 hours ago, elijahfan said:

omg, here we go again.....

What she means is that she had to pretend to be somebody else to be herself. Lady Gaga isn't a character in the sense of something totally different than what she is - it is, or at least was, a shield to protect herself and be brave enough to put her heart and soul out into the world. Sometimes, to be truly yourself, it is easier to pretend to be somebody else.

this ! just login to like and quote this.Ā 

Ā 

Javier Gallo

She was just saying that cuz she was at an acting award show, so she wanted show that she is acting all the time.Ā 

god guys you still thinks she stay at home saying and doing the same **** she does on stage or during her interviews, with her sassy acts? it's obvious Gaga is herself but in a different way, she is between reality and fantasy it's not like you have to be a mastermind to know that.

She has made it very clear that Gaga is a character she became that then became part of her real self. Born This Way Foundation Emotion Revolution, she says it.Ā 

My name isn't Timmers

Archived