Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga songs with Fade-Out ending?

theARTVampire

Would you like more Fade-Outs on LG5?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like more Fade-Outs on LG5?

• YES! It should be used more often!
    • Maybe, but only a few songs
    • No, it ruins the song

Featured Posts

theARTVampire

The "Fade-out" is the technique of ending a song with a slow decrease in volume over its last few seconds.

Share your opinions on songs with a fadeout ending! Would you like more fade-outs on LG5?

Examples: "I like it Rough", "Paparazzi", "Dance in the Dark", "Hair", "Do What U Want", ...

PartySick

I like songs with solid endings better. Aura, Applause, Born This Way, Judas, and the live versions of pretty much every song. It just gives it a little something...Idk. Especially in the case of DWUW. The live ending with the xylophone synth thing is 100 times better than the ad-lib fade out :giveup:

🖤

Swan Heart

tumblr_ntybruLSYE1ufqm4co2_250.gif

I don't really like it. 

But it wouldn't be a big deal if there is..

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

Son of Venus

I don't like it cause idk when i should stop dancing when i'm doing my Gaga concerts at home :crossed:

eifulien

Can't say it's something I really pay attention to. I'm more used to a strong ending. Gives it a more complete feeling. But I'd be lying if I say I don't ****ing love the endings of  DWUW and DITD. So there's definitely room for such effect, yeah! :flutter:

super ultra

yes!

I would die for a song like Helter Skelter, at the middle of the song it almost fades out, then quickly fades back :giveup: 

swordstalker

I think the abrupt ending sounds the best in most songs, but when the song is going for an older, emotional feel, like the masterpiece "The Queen", the fade-out is magical :flutter:

Bloody Matt
11 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I like songs with solid endings better. Aura, Applause, Born This Way, Judas, and the live versions of pretty much every song. It just gives it a little something...Idk. Especially in the case of DWUW. The live ending with the xylophone synth thing is 100 times better than the ad-lib fade out :giveup:

This

Didymus

Well, I mean, it completely depends on the song imo :rip:

Summerboy's fade-out adds to the song's magnificence. Same for The Queen, Paparazzi, The Edge of Glory. I don't have an opinion about fade-outs at all, when they work, they work. I don't believe that songs should either have a fade-out or not.

CatelynnMarie

I mean it doesn't matter, but personally I prefer solid endings to songs in general. Often times during fade outs, I'll hear instruments and chord changes/ etc that I'll wish weren't so soft sounding. For example https://youtu.be/dX3k_QDnzHE?t=3m40s VS https://youtu.be/FVAAE0lhZgM?t=3m56s 

Like, I LOVE the ending of the live version of that SO much better. :giveup:

eifulien

Hmm, she seems to be using it less than before. I just checked TF has 5 fade-outs initially. Then on the re-issue it is with 8 (from 16) :air: TFM has 1 (DITD); BTW - 5 and ARTPOP - 1 (DWUW).

Lona Delery

No, I dont like Fade-Outs. It fits Paparazzi and The Queen, but I dont like the rest.

And I wouldnt consider TEOG a fade-out, since the ending is just the hold note from the saxophone which gets quieter but stops eventually

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

Creyk

As long as we get new music I don't see why not....

Lana did it on her song Cola and it worked out well

Archived