Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Music in 2016: Here come the girls!

M I M I Z

Featured Posts

M I M I Z

rihanna-album2.png

Well, 2015 is done and dusted with and although it was a great year for music with fantastic releases from the likes of Adele, Chris Brown, One Direction, Justin Bieber, and many, many more, it’s time to look forward to 2016.

Throughout 2015 we’ve heard rumblings about music coming in 2016 and it’s all about the pop girls as they’re set to take over with their album releases.

Let’s talk a look at some of the biggest women in the industry who are due to release new music at some point this year.

Rihanna

Let’s start with Rihanna, as it’s looking like she will be one of the first to release music this year out of all the females. Rihanna has been teasing her album for about a year now, as it is almost a year to the day in which the lead single from the album, FourFiveSeconds was released. The album campaign is in full swing now in the form of the ANTIdiaRy and we’re just two rooms from the interactive experience being over, and fans assume that we will get the album as soon as R8 is released. Unfortunately, we haven’t had a new room released for almost TWO weeks now.

The only saving grace is that Rihanna is due to embark on her ANTI world tour in February so we can only assume the album will arrive before then. Rihanna hasn’t said a word on her new album so we’ve not a clue when it is coming – we can only think it is soon. It will be at some point in 2016 though… we hope!

beyonce1.png

Beyonce

Sia recently said that Beyonce is working on new music as she submitted some new songs for her, so we know for sure that she is working on something. It was also rumoured that she was in New Orleans shooting a video the same week as Christmas. She was later photographed filming a video at the Super Dome in New Orleans a couple of days before Christmas, and Jay Z was also seen on the pitch, so we know something is happening.

As Sia has already confirmed that she IS working on new music, we know that something is likely to come in 2016, but at the moment we don’t know when. We should know in advance this time though as after she surprise released her self-titled fifth studio album at the end of 2013, her team said she wouldn’t do a surprise release again.

artpopball.jpg

Lady Gaga

Unfortunately, nothing has been confirmed in regards to Lady Gaga releasing new music in 2016, but we reckon that she will. Over the past few months she has been in and out of the studio, and she has even posted photos on Instagram in the studio, so she know that she is working on something. Pictures of her with Red One and Adele have also surfaced, so something is going on… we just hope something is coming in 2016 at some point.

We know she is working on a new Jazz album with Tony Bennet, but the fact that she has posted photos of her in the studio with Red One seems to point towards her working on new solo music. After all, her last album, ARTPOP was released in November 2013, so it’s just over two years since we got new solo music from Gaga. We can only hope it’s coming soon.

image1.jpg

Katy Perry

Now that we have covered the holy trinity: Beyonce, Rihanna, and Lady Gaga, it’s time to move onto Katy Perry.

Perry’s manager, Steven Jensen reportedly said earlier this year that her new album was due out “by 2016”, which tells us that she was either working on something at the time or was gearing up to work on a new album. As we know, the album has not arrived ‘by 2016’, so we can only imagine it will arrive at some point this year. No date has yet been nailed down, but Katy Perry herself has acknowledged that it is time for a “reinvention”.

Screen-Shot-2015-08-26-at-09.35.42-460x2

Rita Ora

Oh Rita, where do we start? Rita has been working on that second studio album on hers for AGES now and it has been reported that she had to scrap her album after she split up with Calvin Harris. She’s also in a bit of a situation with her record label, Roc Nation at the moment so that may even be preventing her from releasing her new music. She promised the album was coming in 2015, then she said it was coming by the end of the year, and now it’s looking like it will be coming this year. We don’t know whether we could cope if her second album doesn’t arrive this year.

sia-thisisacting.jpg

Sia

On January 29, the flawless Sia is set to unleash her newest album, and it’s certainly going to be an interesting one. Her critically acclaimed 1,000 Forms of Fear helped Sia become a household name, despite being in the industry for years.

Now, she is due to start acting. Her new album is titled ‘This Is Acting’ as it is filled to the brim with songs that she wrote for other artists such as Adele, Beyonce and Rihanna. However, for one reason or another the songs were rejected at the eleventh hour so Sia decided to record the songs herself and put the collection out. With songs such as Alive, Cheap Thrills, and Birds Set Free, it is shaping up to be better than 1,000 Forms of Fear. We just hope Sia continues to release albums for years to come as she has such a fantastic voice.

Elsewhere, it is also rumoured that the likes of Ariana Grande, Christina Aguilera, and Iggy Azalea (second quarter of 2016) will release albums later this year.

http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/showbiz/music-in-2016-here-come-the-girls-beyonce-rihanna-lady-gaga-more/

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LePetitGAGABLover

"Now that we have covered the holy trinity: Beyonce, Rihanna, and Lady Gaga, it’s time to move onto Katy Perry"

:air:

OT:YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. We need these original pop icons to come and save pop music again!!! I'm tired of seeing Adele and Taylor acting as pop girls. We need people that push boundaries in music already.:flutter:

Now that we have covered the holy trinity: Beyonce, Rihanna, and Lady Gaga, it’s time to move onto Katy Perry.

PhLFsBA.gif

chBaYTU.gif

PicklePower

where be meghan's article

MEGHAN TRAINOR | Katy Perry | Taylor Swift | Lady Gaga | Rihanna | Ariana Grande | Beyoncé | Nicki Minaj | Sam Smith

SISTERV
3 minutes ago, LePetitMonstr said:

OT:YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. We need these original pop icons to come and save pop music again!!! I'm tired of seeing Adele and Taylor acting as pop girls.

OMG yaaas. Sick of Adele (soul, ballads), Taylor (country), and rappers (Fetty Wap, Remy Boys) taking the pop thrown. Can we give it back to the girls who came in as POP ARTISTS?

Koreku

Iggy and Ariana not even getting their own sections :rip:

You don't deserve a point of view if the only thing you see is you.

Riot Poof

LET'S BREATHE FRESH AIR INTO THE LUNGS OF POP MUSIC

PLEASE

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Seeka

More excited for Utada Hikaru. Though I'm wondering what Anti will sound like.

Dangerous Man

No one care about ANTi anymore. Only pop forums care about Sia and her gimmicks. Rita is only relevant in UK. Beyoncé will probably just release another urban album, meh. Only looking forward for Gaga, Katy, Ariana and Iggy.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

FlopSlut
9 minutes ago, Koreku said:

Iggy and Ariana not even getting their own sections :rip:

who are those? I had a dog named ariana...

how do u know my dog

stalker

Flopenstein

ItsTommyBitch
8 minutes ago, Seeka said:

More excited for Utada Hikaru. Though I'm wondering what Anti will sound like.

YASSS, UTADA, THE REAL QUEEN OF MUSIC :giveup: 

tumblr_inline_nm9aokuIPZ1sk5lqk.gif

Getting all teary eyed even thinking about it tbh, I can't even :air: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Archived