Die With A Smile Spotify Banner
opinion

Don't expect many dance songs on LG5

Quark

Featured Posts

Mobster

The sense of self-righteousness radiating from that title almost left me blind :air:

But I'm only a man and I do what I can.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monketsharona

I think it's gonna get a lot of dance songs (with Moroder, RedOne and Rodgers on it you can be sure of it..)

Though I agree with the fact there will be more ballad, rock ballads on it ! 

Bad Bromance

If it's a 15 track album, I have a feeling she's going to have 5 upbeat songs like Bad Romance or Scheisse, 5 songs like TEOG and 5 ballads a la Brown Eyes or Honest Eyes.

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

Sudarshana

hope for this tbh :flutter:

Nous sommes tous obligés, pour rendre la réalité supportable, d'entretenir en nous quelques petites folies. — Marcel Proust

Reality

I sort of agree with you, she's definitely up more of an emphasis on her vocals—which I think is wonderful—but that doesn't necessarily mean that she won't make many "upbeat/dance" songs. Look at a song like Hair. It's an upbeat song, but the bridge part of it really showcases what she can do. 

🃏🖤👹

The Child
23 minutes ago, Nino said:

Why would we expect upbeat dance songs on a Lady GaGa album? It's not like that's what she does and has stated many times she loves to make or anything. She's going to be the next Adele. You are completely right and also very reasonable GaGa Daily user Enigma, happy new year!

Lady Gaga not Lady GaGa!

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Kermit

Every Gaga album has had upbeat songs and a few downtempo songs, i'm expecting the consistency of tempo that she has done every pop album. + seeing that they keep trying to make #FunkThePunk a thing, and RedOne, Giorgio Moroder and Nile Rodgers are a few that are on there i'm expecting maybe 4 or 5 uptempo, 4 or 5 midtempo and at least 3 downtempo.

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

imwoahvicky

I wouldn't mind there being songs not being upbeat/dance like on the album, but the whole album? I just don't see it happening :deadbanana:

I also personally wouldn't prefer an entire album being extremely depressing imo

⚜ Roll Deep ⚜

adamsenigma

Y'all acting like crazy just because he gave his opinion. :air: Seiously I think she needs to reinvent her music just like she did with her persona, it would be funny seeing her in a whole new level with her music.

SISTERV

I'm sorry but just because one hardly hearable bridge of a song leaks outside a studio and it sounds like a ballad, doesn't mean the entire LG5 album is ballads. 

It would be one thing if the producers were Red One and five other ballad producers, but everyone she has hired for this album is known to produce pop, funk, or disco.

Red One, Giorgio Moroder, Nile Rogers, and Mark Ronson were not hired by Gaga to create a ballads/down tempo album. :laughga:

artRaver

She's been teasing funk and/or disco this whole time though why wouldn't she follow that direction in some way or sort...

If she actually goes in that direction there's other genres within that branch like "disco-rock" which still has to do with electronic and pop rock but with less rhythm and blues influenced.

i.e., David Bowie, Duran Duran, Depeche Mode

and "punk funk" which is associated with post-punk / new wave.

i,e. New Order, Iggy Pop, The Cure and Siouxsie and the Banshees.

Spoiler

There's supposedly even a genre called "art punk" why would she throw that term out of no where especially after the disastrous ARTPOP era if she isn't planning to go somewhere with it or at least attempt to.  :air:

That's just me assuming for fun though, let's just wait until the album comes out.

✿ cherry blossom girl ✿

Tommy Monster

There's no Gaga without dance music, it makes her who she is, so I really hope she won't leave that kind of music behind :ohno:

SISTERV
4 minutes ago, adammonroe said:

Y'all acting like crazy just because he gave his opinion. :air: Seiously I think she needs to reinvent her music just like she did with her persona, it would be funny seeing her in a whole new level with her music.

But there are other ways to reinvent your music besides just changing the tempo of yours music. :lolga:

Gaga should not release a slow album now. All of music right now is slower and even the "dance songs" on the radio are typical, flat, and not very fast paced. 

Gaga actually needs to put out an explosive, emotional, deep, intense record right now that is also funky and disco and dark. 

We need the pop hooks of The Fame, the darkness of TFM, some rock elements of BTW, with the boomy nature of ARTPOP. Add some more vocal focus and disco elements to that formula, and you've got a solid Gaga record by it is her bringing out the best of what she has done on each album. 

Archived