Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

Taylor Swift - Out of the Woods

Prismatic

Featured Posts

Riot Poof

Starting off 2016 SLAYED. I'm glad Taylor did one of my 1989 faves justice.

3 hours ago, DSK said:

I really like it. I'm a huge fan of fantasy, elements, seasons, etc, so it's really my kind of video.

Same!!!

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 31 December 2015 at 1:31 AM, Chic said:

The chorus lyrics are a masterpiece. As a songwriter, I would be proud to write something so eclectic.

As a songwriter, you would give a kidney to get a fraction of Taylor's acclaim and success.

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

Spock

I'm still salty as **** that she choose this sing over New Slaymantics, aka the right choice, but the video is cute and beautiful. Glad this seems to be the end of the era. Ready for TS6 to slay me in 10 months

who will love me when the night is over

Dominic

Song feels a little old to me now but that video was brilliant :applause: 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Best song in 1989. Too bad she didn't take advantage of all the potential it had to create a masterpiece. Basic video, a bit weak, but at least she is alone this time and not making out with some random hot guy. 

Bloody

Nice visuals Taylor, the video is pretty good and the song really catchy. :yay:

2 minutes ago, Guille said:

Best song in 1989. Too bad she didn't take advantage of all the potential it had to create a masterpiece. Basic video, a bit weak, but at least she is alone this time and not making out with some random hot guy. 

Welcome back to GGD Guille, Happy New Year. :happy:

Prismatic
37 minutes ago, Spock said:

I'm still salty as **** that she choose this sing over New Slaymantics, aka the right choice, but the video is cute and beautiful. Glad this seems to be the end of the era. Ready for TS6 to slay me in 10 months

Not here for New Flopmantics, sorry not sorry. 

Out of the Woods is perfect to close the era and flawless song/video to slay the new year.

And thank you Taylord for a hit thread. I'm officially a Swiftie.   

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

Spock
19 minutes ago, Prismatic said:

Not here for New Flopmantics, sorry not sorry. 

The quote at the end of Out of the Woods is perfect to close the era and flawless song/video to slay the new year.

And thank you Taylord for a hit thread. I'm officially a Swiftie.   

tumblr_inline_nmt5zkvz5_O1tov9al_500.gif

A true Swiftie would have been here for New Hymnantics. Also, edited your post henny

who will love me when the night is over

StrawberryBlond

Lovely visuals but cheesy as hell, especially all that falling and the beginning and end quote. She probably thought she was doing something so original for this video but in reality, it's the most predictable direction she could've taken. I've seen this type of music video many times. The whole running away from your fears, a battle against oneself, finding oneself, etc. It's usually executed with this type of scenary as well. I can't detect any real story from it - those quotes didn't enhance the story at all, it was nothing but artsy running and falling, no real plot. Nothing more than an excuse to show pretty backgrounds and to generate lots of "Taylor is so gorgeous!" squeeing in the comments section. As usual, Taylor is the queen of bland and inoffensive. But I will say this - I think it did cause me to like the song more. It was on the brink of ok anyway but this tipped it into good song territory, even with all the repetition. Still a bad album overall, though.

4 hours ago, CrownClown said:

Uhm sorry but the thread is about the video and not the song itself, so the comment was irrelevant. 
Everyone tries so hard to be cool, edgy and artsy fartsy. Not everything has to be "eclectic" to be good.
The repeated "are out of the woods yet" part is great for me since it represents how bad and anxious she is to get out from the situation she's in. I don't even like Taylor, but there's no need to be so negative towards her.
A songwriter? I like to write lyrics when I have nothing to do, does it make me a songwriter? Are you making money out of it? Can you live with just the money you make from it? Does anyone sing your songs? If so, congrats. If not, well, try getting inspiration from her since she's making loads of money out of it. 
Sorry for the long post and if it sounds too harsh, not my intention. Just want this place to be more positive and less arrogant.
It might be cool to be against the tide, but that doesn't mean that it's bad to like something a lot of people like.

Of course the lyrics are relevant as the visuals to a music video are supposed to bring the lyrics to life. Not all of us judge a music video purely on its visuals. We also have to take into account if the lyrics match the timing, match the visuals, enhance the lyrics. Ironically, being disparaging towards "cool, edgy and artsy fartsy" is going against exactly what Taylor is doing with this video. Repition appeals to some, not so to others. I depends what our individual ears pick up.

@Chic is trying to make money off her songwriting and she hired someone to sing her lyrics. She aspires to write for others as well. But as I've seen from her lyrics, she is a much better songwriter than Taylor. There is no need for her to take inspiration from a woman who continues to write like a teenager despite being 26 and living like an adult for years. Songwriting shouldn't be about making money, it's about the music and we shouldn't have to take inspiration from people who we don't even like just because they're rolling in cash due to some generic tunes that they made for the mindless public.

Just because someone doesn't like something you like, it doesn't mean they're trying to go against the tide to be cool. It might just be their own opinion, believe it or not.

Archived