đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Selena: Top Female Artist At This Moment? (Besides Adele)

DiscoHeaven23

Selena: The Top Female Artist At This Moment?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Is Selena Gomez the top female artist (not counting Adele) at this very moment?

• Yass, the reign of Selena is undeniable!
    • No.

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

Do you guys think Selena Gomez is the top female artist at this very moment (not counting Adele, cuz she's more of a goddess)?

She just earned her second top 10 and it look like "Same Old Love" could go top 5 next week. Her album is currently number 10 on iTunes, 2 and a half months after its release, making it the top album by a female artist on iTunes (not counting Adele).

So what do u think? Are we in the era of Selena?

tumblr_nv3zyjb4kt1qiwt0do1_1280.gif

I love Selena, HTM is truly growing on me. 

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

JusKeepBreathin

Didn't Meghan earn her 5,000th top ten just a week before Selena's second top ten? Isn't TS's 1989 album still selling better 1 and a half years after its release than Revival? Isn't MT's Title still selling better than Revival? 

The Selena hype is ridiculous.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

JustPokeHerFace

I would say so. If SOL goes top five next week, then she'll have two top fives from this era, and she could easily nab a 3rd one with HTM. Selena could also get another top 10 or two after that. I don't necessarily think it's groundbreaking, but Revival will end up being an era that's about as big as My Everything, and it could set her up to be even bigger with her next album. 

JusKeepBreathin
1 minute ago, JustPokeHerFace said:

I would say so. If SOL goes top five next week, then she'll have two top fives from this era, and she could easily nab a 3rd one with HTM. Selena could also get another top 10 or two after that. I don't necessarily think it's groundbreaking, but Revival will end up being an era that's about as big as My Everything, and it could set her up to be even bigger with her next album. 

Call me when GFY, SOL or HTM becomes six times Platinum. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

JustPokeHerFace
2 minutes ago, just4fun said:

Call me when GFY, SOL or HTM becomes six times Platinum. 

That's just a harder achievement in general to make now than a year or two years ago, because digital sales continue to go down the shitter. 

Hell, Justin Bieber is currently slaying the top five of iTunes and the Hot 100, and neither of those three songs have crossed two million copies sold. With streaming taking off, singles aren't going to sell what they were a few years ago. 

I think Revival is a great foundation for slaying next era. Maybe she is not the number 1 female singer, however her evolution is impressive. Her music sounds so much better than before, she gets higher peaks on hot100 and slays live performances. It looks very promising for the future.

Archived