Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did Selena Gomez create a new sound?

Creyk

Featured Posts

Her singles, Good for You, Same Old Love and Hands to Myself sound nothing like any song I heard before. There are 2 more songs like this one her album, "Revival" and "Kill them with kindness". Isn't it amazing that she managed to create something so unique to herself?

Or is this sound taken from somewhere, but from a very forgotten place?

Either way, good for her for bringing something fresh to radio :applause: I wonder if people will start copying the sound like how DWUW inspired many people this year.

Serendipity

it might not last because of Adele

she'll bring back AC HARD:air:

Unless you're a balladeer

end_is_near.gif

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

Mobster
10 minutes ago, Creyk said:

Isn't it amazing that she managed to create something so unique to herself?

You mean with the help of a bunch of producers and songwriters?

Her input on Hands to Myself and Same Old Love is non-existent and she is credited last on Good For You... not really that amazing, if you ask me

tumblr_inline_msgp2yS0Oe1qz4rgp.gif

But I'm only a man and I do what I can.

StrawberryBlond

Good For You sounds like a lot of Lana Del Rey songs. It's clearly inspired by her entire asthetic - the lower vocal tones, the lyrics ("I'm a marquis diamond, could even make that Tiffany jealous"), the heavy breaths, the sultriness. Critics noted that she was very inspired by Lana with this track. It's good but it's not original. A risky direction for her, though. Same Old Love...that beat is so familiar, but I'll be damned if I can tell you where its from. It reminds me of some British pop songs, but which I can't say. The chorus, however, sounds very similar to the chorus of VIP by Kesha. Hands To Myself is a mixture of some current trends but not directly inspired by anything. She sounds very Halsey inspired, vocal-wise, in the pre-chorus, though (if I didn't know any better, I'd say it was her).

She did say that the album was inspired by a lot of people, especially Christina Aguilera, especially her Stripped album. And yeah, you can see that from the cover and the intro. She also said Janet Jackson was an inspiration and I remember thinking that Me And The Rhythm was somewhat Janet-esque. There's nothing wrong with being inspired by greatness, though. She created a better sound than some pop around right now, and a notably more mature one, but it's hardly new.

1 hour ago, Mobster said:

You mean with the help of a bunch of producers and songwriters?

Her input on Hands to Myself and Same Old Love is non-existent and she is credited last on Good For You... not really that amazing, if you ask me

tumblr_inline_msgp2yS0Oe1qz4rgp.gif

I love Ja'mie :flutter:

Versace

Not really i'll point out what sounds similar to other stuff 

Revival (the song) sounds like an Ariana Grande song

Kill Em With Kindness and Body Heat sound like a Stars Dance rejects

Same Old Love sounds like a Charlie XCX song 

Sober sounds like Catch by Allie X 

Perfect sounds like a Katy Perry song i just can't remember which one 

Camouflage sounds like something Sia wrote 

so overall it doesn't sound that new and that original

4 minutes ago, Versace said:

Not really i'll point out what sounds similar to other stuff 

Revival (the song) sounds like an Ariana Grande song

Kill Em With Kindness and Body Heat sound like a Stars Dance rejects

Same Old Love sounds like a Charlie XCX song 

Sober sounds like Catch by Allie X 

Perfect sounds like a Katy Perry song i just can't remember which one 

Camouflage sounds like something Sia wrote 

so overall it doesn't sound that new and that original

Hmmm funny, I was actually just thinking yesterday how Stars Dance (the song) would kinda fit in with these sonically, yes. I wish it was a single during that era, maybe it would have done remarkably well if Good for you did so. It's a shame she had that sickness which forced her to cancel the era.

Archived