Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

'Fearless' Surpasses 7 Million in Sales

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

Taylor Swifts' sophomore album released in 2008, Fearless, has now surpassed 7 million copies sold in the US, 7 years after its release. The album sold 3,000 copies this past week, which brought the total to 7,001,000. This is Taylor's best selling album to date. The album went #1 on the Billboard 200 and was the top selling album of 2009. The album is responsible for her second biggest hit to date "You Belong With Me" and her fourth biggest hit "Love Story". The album is the second best selling album of the last 10 years, after Adele's 21. Congrats Tay Tay!

tumblr_inline_mfe4mski8u1rxl3mn.gif

Source: http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6820858/billboard-200-chart-moves-taylor-swift-fearless-surpasses-7-million?utm_source=twitter

Phoenix

Congrats. Love Story is really a highlight in her career, such a nice song. The recent work can't even compare to it, imo. 

💎

I'm always so surprised by the success of this album because aside from Love Story it was essentially a non-factor here in the UK. That's huge for her though, congrats!

How far behind is 1989?

DiscoHeaven23
Just now, Harry said:

I'm always so surprised by the success of this album because aside from Love Story it was essentially a non-factor here in the UK. That's huge for her though, congrats!

How far behind is 1989?

about 1.4 million copies behind. Its at about 5.6 million copies sold. Its her second best selling album in the US right now.

1 minute ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

about 1.4 million copies behind. Its at about 5.6 million copies sold. Its her second best selling album in the US right now.

I feel like that's more impressive considering Fearless was seven years ago.

wiltedbliss
9 minutes ago, Harry said:

How far behind is 1989?

Yes, it's far behind her other albums aside from some singles and select non-singles in terms of quality. She has far better songs and albums, and I feel like Fearless wasn't bad but it was definitely overrated.

Warholian

Uh.. ARTPOP sold 19 million copies though. Not sure what you mean by it being the second highest selling album this decade after Adele. It'd be, like, number 8 or something if you hadn't purposefully removed Gaga's sales. It goes.. 

1. Cheek to Cheek, Lady Gaga and someone - 94,789,334,918 copies

2. The Fame, Lady Gaga - 1,928,577,992 copies 

3. The Fame Monster, Lady Gaga - 800,775,993 copies 

4. Born This Way, Lady Gaga - 110,588,298 copies 

5. ARTPOP, Lady Gaga - 19,748,224 copies 

6. 21, Adele - 5 copies 

7. 25, Adele - 3 copies 

8. Something something title, Taylor Swift - 2 copies 

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

Wait Love Story is her fourth biggest song? I thought We are never getting back together, Shake it off, Blank Space, I Knew You Were Trouble, Style, Bad Blood and Wildest Dreams were bigger :rip:

monketsharona

Taylor Swift was sooo much better... I really used to love her in the past !

My favorite one is still Breathe with Colbie Caillat ! Great memories ! 

DiscoHeaven23
1 hour ago, Warholian said:

Uh.. ARTPOP sold 19 million copies though. Not sure what you mean by it being the second highest selling album this decade after Adele. It'd be, like, number 8 or something if you hadn't purposefully removed Gaga's sales. It goes.. 

1. Cheek to Cheek, Lady Gaga and someone - 94,789,334,918 copies

2. The Fame, Lady Gaga - 1,928,577,992 copies 

3. The Fame Monster, Lady Gaga - 800,775,993 copies 

4. Born This Way, Lady Gaga - 110,588,298 copies 

5. ARTPOP, Lady Gaga - 19,748,224 copies 

6. 21, Adele - 5 copies 

7. 25, Adele - 3 copies 

8. Something something title, Taylor Swift - 2 copies 

in the US

edit: Omg u were joking never mind haha

Archived