Rate Gaga's acting so far

The Professor

How do you think Gaga is doing so far?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. .

• <5

Featured Posts

The Professor

My vote would be like a 7 ish. Im not caught up entirely but it seems she is a little monotone at times, idk if that was her intention. Its just a little stiff imo

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LebaneseDude

6 at first, mostly for her body language rather than delivery.

9 now.

10 when she's yelling. She's oddly good at that.

bgtZnBP.gif

Edited just now by LebaneseDude.

DiscoHeaven23

she's the Queen of silent acting. She should've lived in the silent film age. Her movement and facial expressions are MAJOR

GagaXCupcakke

She's inconsistent.  Sometimes she blows me away.  Other times she's kind of meh.  I kind of blame it on the direction.  The countess is a very challenging/weird character to portray.     

SpaceAce

I don't think it's for a lack of skill that she comes off as flat sometimes, it's just the way she's been playing the Countess as a shut-down, cold monster. In episode 7, when she was given so much more to work with in those flashbacks, we really saw what she could do and why the Countess is who she is. I really like that she took a risk with her portrayal and has stuck to it. It's probably not ideal for her first major acting gig to be portraying a woman who is shut down emotionally and very self-centered for 90% of the story.

You can also tell she does better when her scene partner is a great actor. Her scenes with Dennis O'Hare, Kathy Bates and Evan Peters have been the best in comparison to those with other actors on the show. Comparing her scene with Denis when she first meets Liz and teaches her how to be more confident in her own skin to scenes in the present day where she treats Liz as a servant... she moved seamlessly from one to the other. Also, every scene she has with Mr. March is just a treat but I think that also has much to do with the writing and how flamboyant and dramatic those characters can be together. Her scenes with Kathy are mostly short but you can tell she's giving it her all so she's not the weak link when on screen with a legend.

Overall I'm very proud of her. I knew she would work hard and do well to an extent, but I really had no idea what to expect beyond that. I thought I was dying for new music (and I still am), but I wouldn't be sad at all if she decided to do another acting project soon. I want to see what else she can do and far she can go.

In summary: it's a ton of fun being her fan. So much of her work to look forward to and enjoy and obsess over.

andy232000
26 minutes ago, LebaneseDude said:

6 at first, mostly for her body language rather than delivery.

9 now.

10 when she's yelling. She's oddly good at that.

bgtZnBP.gif

she has a nice screaming voice

Hellspont

7/10

Flicker she was phenomenal in

She Wants Revenge was pretty gud

the rest she ranged from mediocre-good

AddMeOnMYSPACE

At first, her performance felt wooden. She's getting better though! :flutter: I hope she continues to act so she can get a oscar in the future...

Bradley

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!!!? >>>>>>>>>>>>

THAT'S WHAT WAS BACK THERE!??!!! >>>>>>>>>>

Also I think her facial expression was fantastic after learning the news of Valentino's death, the hopelessness in her eyes is influential.

I think 7/10, but I added one more point in the poll just because :green:

I don't think I would have rated anybody in that role higher than that tbh. I've said this before but the character of The Countess has a very calm demeanor and is this sort of unshakable, composed and fierce woman. It hasn't allowed her to show much range in her emotions.

As others have mentioned, Flicker is phenomenal but the reason for that is because we were able to see a vulnerable, unsure and insecure young Elizabeth. We were able to see another dimension to the character. Other than that, we have only seen the occasional glimpse of something else from The Countess.

I wouldn't want to rate her higher than a 7, just because I don't think it's a role complex enough to show anything spectacular from any actor playing her. I think Gaga has played the role impeccably, and I think she has shown that she can be a serious actor but I would like to see her in a more gritty or layered role before I start really praising her ability as an actor. 

Didymus

8. Her moments of horrible or bland acting are obviously the director's fault. It's him who must inspire and urge her on and tell him what he wants. It's clear to me that some directors just know how to bring the best out of Gaga and that some don't care to do it or are fine with subpar acting (not just for Gaga).

Flicker showed that despite doubtful writing, Gaga can bring an absolutely astonishing character presence to the table. That episode was particularly amazing because she had to accurately portray immense range, from innocent, naive little actress to a desperate heartbroken ghost of her former self to a cold, dead, but wild lover to a composed, dangerous countess who at the end of the episode loses control of her persona. I mean, that's impressive. And she nailed it. That's when I knew she was an amazing actress in a horrible show and it was important to distinguish the two.

Archived