Ā 

Well, he is ugly, that's for sureĀ :emma:

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Katsuki Bakugo
5 hours ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

They completely invalidated the rest of their argument with this line...

"First problem: Gaga is not an actress."

Umm, what do you call a person who plays a character in a TV show?

I smell a Madge stan.

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Katsuki Bakugo
4 hours ago, djBuffoon said:

The amount of stillness (not as easy as it looks) and menace and hints of vulnerability she brought the role is what earned her the nomination. Especially for an acting newcomer, it is an all-around commendable performance. Given who The Countess is, her background, her interests, her journey, etc., Gaga's choices make complete sense.

AND LIKE she is playing a VAMPIRE!!! FFS!!!!! She is meant to be stilted and non emotional...

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Katsuki Bakugo
5 hours ago, Didymus said:

"When you look at Gagaā€™s competition ā€” Kirsten Dunst from ā€œFargo,ā€ Sarah Hay from ā€œFlesh & Bone,ā€ Felicity Huffman from ā€œAmerican Crimeā€ and Queen Latifah from ā€œBessieā€ ā€” itā€™s clear that the HFPA nominated her because they want her star power at the show."

Agreed, but the slamming of her acting was unnecessary, esp. the argument that she showed no range. That's painfully untrue.

Let me just find a link to her vocal range okurrrĀ 

Bradley

New York Post has been giving her a negative review EVERY week except for Flicker's.

Sorry but I'm convinced a Gaga hater is responsible for AHS's reviews this year. Your irrelevant opinion won't change the fact, Gaga is nominated as an actress and that's it.

Evan Peters

i do think it's annoying how she's the only one getting nominations/recognition this season.Ā 

emma roberts is an abuser

freebit

NYP is like the american version of The Daily Mail.

These types of articles are expected, but surprisingly I haven't actually seen much dragging of HFPA for nominating her, especially compared to that one year when the Globes nominated Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie for The Tourist - it seemed like everyone lost their **** at those noms back then. Anyway, this is the Golden Globes, it's supposed to be more fun award show of the bunch, not sure why anyone cares so deeply.

GloZell Green

I love how people STILLĀ haven't been able to understand that the Countess is supposed to be emotionless. Its funny to see how some people seem to lack a brain in this world.

Lady Gaga | Shakira

manyatyau

But i really think she's doing a good job. Especially the last ep...I think people are stuck in the fact that she's lady gaga, aĀ pop singer. And, at least wait till the season ends, she's getting better and better!! They have to remember she's new.Ā Ep1 is like the first time she acts, and by ep8 I can see how much she has improved. The name LADY GAGA does constraint her a lot.Ā :duck:

djBuffoon
55 minutes ago, GloZell Green said:

I love how people STILLĀ haven't been able to understand that the Countess is supposed to be emotionless. Its funny to see how some people seem to lack a brain in this world.

Seriously. I mean think about it, the way she has played the present-day Countess hasn't really changed a bit since episode one. She's had a lot more to react to recently, so we're seeing more of her humanity. But when she playsĀ Elizabeth back in the 20s, notice how expressive and alive she is.Ā 

That's not an accident, she didn't just magically wake up halfwayĀ during filmingĀ and say "I know how to act!!" She has been making deliberate character choices since the beginning.

GloZell Green
9 minutes ago, djBuffoon said:

Seriously. I mean think about it, the way she has played the present-day Countess hasn't really changed a bit since episode one. She's had a lot more to react to recently, so we're seeing more of her humanity. But when she playsĀ Elizabeth back in the 20s, notice how expressive and alive she is.Ā 

That's not an accident, she didn't just magically wake up halfwayĀ during filmingĀ and say "I know how to act!!" She has been making deliberate character choices since the beginning.

I mean you can't be all happy and stuff when you've been living for so long + your life is basically the same thing over and over. Sex, kill, repeat. Of course the woman has no emotions. She doesn't feel for others.Ā 

Lady Gaga | Shakira

djBuffoon
1 minute ago, GloZell Green said:

I mean you can't be all happy and stuff when you've been living for so long + your life is basically the same thing over and over. Sex, kill, repeat. Of course the woman has no emotions. She doesn't feel for others.Ā 

Exactly.

GloZell Green
6 minutes ago, djBuffoon said:

Exactly.

Can you believe that IĀ made that interpretation even though I've only watched the first two episodes :rip:Ā I need to catch up :neyde:Ā 

Lady Gaga | Shakira

djBuffoon
4 minutes ago, GloZell Green said:

Can you believe that IĀ made that interpretation even though I've only watched the first two episodes :rip:Ā I need to catch up :neyde:Ā 

You've only seen two episodes and you understand her performance more implicitly than people who are caught up :neyde:Ā 

Archived