Photo of ARTPOP Sculpture Found On Website

samuelx

Featured Posts

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, lego said:

That was Putin's revenge. :emma:

Putin deserves a shoutout on LG5's f*ck you anthem for this. He's doing our girl all shades of wrong. :smh:

3 minutes ago, Desperado said:

from what is this? 

It kind of fits the aesthetic for Gaga's Barney's takeover? I guess it could be from that if it's Gaga related.

19 minutes ago, James Gibson said:

Wow, I didn't knew that. Gee, that's awful! But what is it like? Him just being bossy?

They didn't like to go into too much detail, they all just pretty much universally agreed he was an asshole, did very little in being involved with the pieces. The turnover rate is pretty high with him too, all his workers tend to be interns as opposed to some of the studios I've been at where there is about a team of at least 20 permanent workers and maybe like 6 interns at any given time, higher numbers with the bigger artists though.

Schwerk
18 minutes ago, lego said:

:rip: 

Well I mean the sculpture looked nothing like her, it's like they didn't even try.

MJs was better

koons.jpg

Funny, I feel the exact opposite. To me it looks exactly like her. I feel the reason it lacks warmth is just the plain white material. No matter how beautiful someone is, this way of portrayal wont do it justice. Michael pictured above is 'wearing make-up',his eyes and lips standing out. Gaga looks more soulless cause her eyes look dead from no definition, but to me it's a dead ringer.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

MonsterJay
20 minutes ago, Desperado said:

from what is this? 

img_2632.jpg

img_2637.jpg

img_2639.jpg

img_2641.jpg

img_2643.jpg

img_2654.jpg

Its from Gaga's Workshop at Barnys NY a few years ago :)

7 minutes ago, Marjol said:

Funny, I feel the exact opposite. To me it looks exactly like her. I feel the reason it lacks warmth is just the plain white material. No matter how beautiful someone is, this way of portrayal wont do it justice. Michael pictured above is 'wearing make-up',his eyes and lips standing out. Gaga looks more soulless cause her eyes look dead from no definition, but to me it's a dead ringer.

That's true about the make up, maybe they could've added some eyeliner?

I just can't recognize her features here

3f095bc428a398ce4438cb02588cd66e.jpg

tumblr_mw75tihoWG1rxpy75o1_500.jpg

FreePalestine

LoveandMagic

I can see why his methods would be considered controversial. On one hand he is the creative mind behind the pieces, the originator of the overall artistic concept and all it's details, but isn't involved in the physical crafting of his work, acting more like a foreman than an artisan. I've only had a few art classes, mostly art history courses, but the consensus seems to be that part of being an artist is being hands-on with the work. A lot of good things can come from "mistakes" in the creation. The few pieces I've done (and I'm by no means any type of artist) usually involve an error I was able to salvage, and my work usually wound up better for it. There's also this great feeling I would get from the salvage, from finding an extra source of inspiration when I thought I was tapped out. I can't imagine what it must be like for people that are actually active creators, as most I've encountered are very hands on. Then of course there is also a matter of detailing, of really putting yourself into every aspect of the piece. Then of course there is experimentation, finding new ways to craft and problem-solving. 

But again, I don't feel comfortable judging him on this. As others have said, Warhol and many great designers have also used this method, and they are very respected. 

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

LORD GAGA
1 hour ago, The Night said:

That's how Jeff Koons works. He doesn't often actually create his works themselves, but is rather the brain of it all and allots the physical work to those under him. He's actually pretty controversial in the art world because of this.

Its not exactly what i would call controversial... especially in the art world, look at Andy Warhol for example, barely created any of his works himself, he had in effect a factory production line making them. Koons is different in that his are one off pieces which he designs then has made by expert sculptors, the imagination and creativity is all Koons the labour is simply someone else.

Alfonso
3 hours ago, The Night said:

That's how Jeff Koons works. He doesn't often actually create his works themselves, but is rather the brain of it all and allots the physical work to those under him. He's actually pretty controversial in the art world because of this.

3 hours ago, The Night said:

No, the cover is definitely the sculpture - why else would they have created it in the first place - albeit edited to make it appear more human-like. The images in the booklet are definitely her though - they're likely the study images used for the creation of the statue.

This, sometimes the designer only makes the design and his company or team is the one who produces or creates the actual Sculpture or product ;)

Katsuki Bakugo
1 hour ago, LORD GAGA said:

Its not exactly what i would call controversial... especially in the art world, look at Andy Warhol for example, barely created any of his works himself, he had in effect a factory production line making them. Koons is different in that his are one off pieces which he designs then has made by expert sculptors, the imagination and creativity is all Koons the labour is simply someone else.

If he pays them to do the work what is the issue? why are you so bent over backwards about it? 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Archived