💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Sia talks Rihanna skipping writting session, Katy Perry and other

GagaMyBlood95

Featured Posts

Kacey Elizabeth
21 hours ago, User said:

No, when she could write songs by her own she wouldn't need singer songwriters like Sia and Bonnie McKee ( which wrote the biggest Katy Perry hits )

Katy is there to understand the songs and add things that it feels more personal for her.

She has a bunch of songwriters. When she would be the main writer, it would mean she can write pop hits by herself. But why should she then use so many songwriters ? Just for fun ? Katy is involved because she talks to them about her feelings and because she needs help of them, because in the end THEY create the hits, not she.

Sia could write the songs completely without the presence of Katy Perry, that's clear. But it looks more authentic when she is there and gives some input. Everybody knows that in the industry.

Sia is professionally and makes a song out of it

Sia about Katy Perry Collaboration:

It was so cool to be able to have that conversation on why we wrote in such entirely different ways. I'm glad I didn't give up on it because I actually did get a song out of it

Katy doesn't have a 'bunch' of songwriters on any of her songs. Everyone credited as writers on Katy's songs besides Bonnie McKee, Sarah Hudson, Ester Dean, Sia, and Cathy Dennis composed & arranged the music (beats, instrumental melody, structure, harmony, and chord progression), not the lyrics or the vocal melody. There are only nine songs in Katy's entire discography which are associated with Bonnie McKee and only one song which is associated with Sia. The thing is, Katy is in full of charge of everything she releases. When she has an idea, line, or melody for a song in her mind, she writes or types it down on her Notes App or on a piece of paper. And that's when Bonnie comes to help her perfect it, but Katy is the mastermind and the main writer behind the song. Out of all the songs which Katy and Bonnie wrote together, Teenage Dream is the only one that Katy originally wasn't behind the concept of -- Bonnie originally came up with the concept of Teenage Dream. TD is the ONLY song in her discography which she didn't come up with the concept of on her own. However, she and Katy rewrote that song plenty of times together, and Katy still contributed a lot to that song. It's obvious that you haven't heard StarGate, Ester Dean, Greg Wells, Jonatha Brooke, and many other songwriters, producers, engineers, mixers, industry insiders talking about how Katy is the captain of the ship in her career and the control of her music solely rests on her. If you have, and are still saying this, then I guess you are just delusional and are denying the reality. And I love how you completely ignored the fact that Sia describes Katy as very dominant. She basically has said that since she likes to be dominant during songwriting sessions, and she was working with Katy, who also happened to be someone very dominant and in charge, both of them argued with each other and she didn't really enjoy the experience of writing a song with her. By the way, 90% of the songs in Katy's discography (both released and unreleased) are written by her solely (lyrics, vocal melody, and some other elements of the song at times such as the beat, harmony, and the structure). 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kacey Elizabeth
On December 5, 2015 at 10:23:41 AM, amenvodka said:

Did you even read the interview, she says the exact opposite. :toofunny:

She said, she thought that she herself was too dominant in the studio with Adele, hence the songs they co-wrote don't sound like Adele, they sound like Sia. And that she was profusely apologetic for that to Adele. She literally said when she's writing for other people, she leaves her ego at the door and wants to become the main artist's "b---h", and that she and Katy don't mesh well because she likes going with the flow while Katy appearently twists and tweaks things around so much that Sia loses interest in the meantime. :flop:

But she DID describe Katy as very dominant. 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Supersonic
6 hours ago, Kacey Elizabeth said:

But she DID describe Katy as very dominant. 

But she didn't say her dominance was the reason she found it hard to work with her, she said it was hard to work with her because she's very analytical and critical while Sia is more "laid-back" and willing to go with things as they flow.

Basically this just confirms what we knew already. Sia literally said Rihanna is "always looking for that first single", which we all know. Rihanna rarely writes her hits, who's surprised? Beyoncé organised a bootcamp for her self-titled album, which we also knew since Beyoncé released a documentary about that herself. It's not as if Beyoncé tried to hide it, she even featured a clip of Sia laying on a couch trying to find words to Pretty Hurts. That doesn't mean B's not involved, Sia clearly stated Beyoncé walks in and out of the different sessions to give her input. After the bootcamp, Beyoncé took all the tracks and worked on them for a year in order to serve her most cohesive album to date. Beyoncé wrote Partition's lyrics from start to finish, the lyrics are all hers. She tweaked on Bow Down for a year and a half, Pretty Hurts was mastered three times before the released version came out. She's very involved, she just likes the input of others. We knew that already. At the end of the day, she's in charge. Same for Katy. As much as this Gaga fanbase likes to think Katy is the puppet of the Capitol Records hit factory, she's not. She's involved and writes or co-writes most of her songs. Good on her. Adele we knew already too, nothing new under the sun. What surprised me the most actually is Kanye. I can't believe he deliberately would pull out of a session with Sia, that's just plain disrespectful. Also, she stated their session was for Rihanna, so that confirms once again he really is executive producing her new album. Which is A MESS since both Rihanna and Kanye's albums were highly anticipated for 2015 but nothing has happened yet. Unless Rihanna pulls a Beyoncé and also releases on December 13th in honour of Self-Titled's two year anniversary.

So in conclusion: Sia tried to work with Adele but kept all of the songs, Katy's involved in her work despite popular belief, Beyoncé is very involved but likes the base of a record to be created in a two-week bootcamp, Shakira rejected a Sia track, Kanye didn't bother to show up and Rihanna is the true elusive chanteuse: every major writer in the industry has worked on her new album, she's released three singles, announced a world tour and there's still not an album. This album better be good because gurl, what kind of dragged out release is this? A mess. Friggin ADELE released before Rihanna did and she had actual anticipation by the general public.

Kacey Elizabeth
12 hours ago, amenvodka said:

But she didn't say her dominance was the reason she found it hard to work with her, she said it was hard to work with her because she's very analytical and critical while Sia is more "laid-back" and willing to go with things as they flow.

But she still is referring how heavily Katy is involved with her work, so since unlike her, Katy is very analytical and critical, she thought that working with her was hard. 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Sad at Rihanna. She has been selling her new album with a lot of art references and deep pretentious quotes in a very slow and mysterious way, first the album cover, the braille messages, the diary website. And it turns out her content input is minimal. Like extremely minimal. I mean, Sia wrote her last big hit, and then she and her executive producer skip her and make her write something out of some Kanye notes on a paper. Like... I dont know if I could be as laidback about it as Sia is

Good that Katy and Bey are more involved. Even tho the whole "camp" idea still rubs me the wrong way. I guess I'm not used to it, Gaga has turned out collabs with big names just because she didnt sit in a studio for 10 hours with the other person to write something that was worth it. Bjork gets herself lost in Iceland and takes months only to write one song. To each their own I guess.

Hello, it's me

Lion Heart

>Rihanna

>writing 

Lol :^)

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

djBuffoon
On 12/4/2015 at 3:58 PM, Medoner Cortez said:

She's basically like (and pretty much has said this in various interviews) "I sing, i write songs, that's about it, not really bothered about having a body of work and having some deep meaningful crap that no one cares about".

Don't get me wrong, it's great when artists like Gaga really believe that their albums or whatever are somewhat extensions of their soul, but it's also just as refreshing to have an artist who is just like "hey whatever".

I think Sia is being very, very modest in that regard.

djBuffoon
On 12/4/2015 at 4:34 PM, PartySick said:

Definitely respect Miss Kitty for this :gaycat: I still dislike her music but at least she puts in work like a true artist.

My thoughts exactly. The output is mostly vacuous, but at least she has a firm hand in it.

djBuffoon
On 12/6/2015 at 5:27 AM, jthorn said:

I think it's strange that some people are saying they don't like Sia's attitude.

I like that it is honest, instead of other artists who talk about creating an album as if it's always a visceral experience. I doubt it would be all the time and this is coming from the mouths of people who don't write their own songs.

Okay, but... there are many artists who put themselves on the line when writing. Just because Sia has such a nonchalant attitude towards the process doesn't necessarily make her more honest. :flop: Or am I misunderstanding?  :flop:

10 hours ago, djBuffoon said:

Okay, but... there are many artists who put themselves on the line when writing. Just because Sia has such a nonchalant attitude towards the process doesn't necessarily make her more honest. :flop: Or am I misunderstanding?  :flop:

I think maybe that's it then. Sia is just more laid back, I don't think anybody could listen to a Sia album and accuse her of not putting herself on the line. haha, I'm contradicting myself.

AbuHassan1992
On 12/4/2015 at 9:58 PM, Medoner Cortez said:

I love Sia because she doesn't bull shi*

She's basically like (and pretty much has said this in various interviews) "I sing, i write songs, that's about it, not really bothered about having a body of work and having some deep meaningful crap that no one cares about".

Don't get me wrong, it's great when artists like Gaga really believe that their albums or whatever are somewhat extensions of their soul, but it's also just as refreshing to have an artist who is just like "hey whatever".

She's such a rare find, I still feel she's underrated in some way

if you read the whole article, she actually said she used a lot of "deep" imagery to trick people into thinking she's more artistic than she really is

Katsuki Bakugo
On 12/4/2015 at 7:28 AM, Medoner Cortez said:

I love Sia because she doesn't bull shi*

She's such a rare find, I still feel she's underrated in some way

Most Adelaide residents like myself ( she is from my fine city) are like her. We say it how it is and don't give a crap. 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Archived