đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

music news

Live Nation Press Release confirms: Rihanna's album out this week!

jojuun

Featured Posts

Prismatic
18 minutes ago, Clean said:

I want BBHMM

Bitch better include that on the album and on the Anti tour as well.

I payed good money and I need my pvssy to pop to this song live. 

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus
2 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

But nevertheless, I had doubts about 45S doing well...and for once, I was right. And I also had doubts about the follow ups being successful and I was also right. And this is the time when Rihanna makes her first ever album delay - when the songs aren't doing as well as they used to.

We're only gonna find that out when the album's released and we see what sound it is. But to me, her own statement in March contradict what you're saying. She referred to an album that had instantly massive songs ("from the start they just blow up") and how she wanted to go to a soulful, timeless and aggressive feel. I think it's obvious from the three ANTI singles that neither of them correspond to the instant bops she referred to as belonging to her previous project. The media frenzy about her scrapping those songs for her album and desperately hiring writers for new hits was 100% fabricated and supported only by "sources" flying around, even though Rihanna's own statements completely contradicted the idea that she was even trying to make hits.

Also, why did she only film a video for BBHMM in April, a month after she released the song? It was released in full in ****ing July. If she had been serious about wanting to smash commercially, you'd think she'd plan these things differently, no?

So none of that convinces me. I'm also cackling at you thinking that Where Have You Been and Diamonds were in any way risky Rihanna songs :rip: Like, Jesus, they were the easiest hits she ever had and you know it. You also forgot about Pour It Up flopping, Loveeeeeee Song, Right Now, Bad, What Now and Jump underperforming/flopping. Unapologetic was definitely a step down commercially. And honestly what about the singles underperforming of even her previous records? You present this picture as if Rihanna always smashed whatever she did, when in truth, FourFiveSeconds and BBHMM are perfectly on point in terms of success. So the idea that suddenly Rihanna must have been shocked that she wasn't going multi-platinum everywhere is a ****ing joke, she's been used to that for more than three years now and the fact that she took her music to an even more extreme experimental direction shows that she isn't concerned with winning anyone back.

I'm also cackling at you presenting Gaga in this thread as some ideal artist when she had to scam her own fans into a meet and greet, demanding them to buy Applause 100x while she couldn't even deliver 50% of what she promised. And yeah, sure, go ahead and blame exterior circumstances for that, but if you weren't so blindsighted on pitting her supposed authenticity against Rihanna's commercial hunger you'd know that's bulls--t.

All your other arguments are all over the place and nothing makes sense. If she was so worried about flopping, why would she delay her album indeed, making it 100x harder to win anyone back? We know she had enough hits, since that's what she was working on all through 2014 so obviously slapping them on an album wouldn't be a problem. But she's not doing that. So why are you running along with fake sources saying she wants to go back to easy listening radio trash when, if that's what she wanted, we'd already have ANTI by now?

You tell me to step back and see the truth when I can't. I have no proof of what's going on, you don't either, but you're the only one making ridiculous conslusions. I'm not gonna believe obviously fake "insider" articles written explicitly to trash her. I'll see what she did when the album's released and only if it's filled to the brim with her typical boring radio garbage will I message you and admit you were right, but obviously that's not gonna happen if you look at who's producing and writing it and look at the imagery surrounding the album and listen to the snippets we have already. The sound and the imagery have been consistent since FFS so I see no reason whatsoever to assume she's drastically changing course to be successful (again).

1 hour ago, Son of ARTPOP said:

:yay::yay::yay: 

Why are you so evil? You vicious person! Now, do you realise I could receive a warning point? Not to mention the worst - being banned?!!?! :shocked::udidnt:

Oh gosh, I'm feeling unwell. Take me to church and repent with me, traitor! :neyde:

Back on topic, gals, it's Wednesday, 2 days till the meltdown! :hor:

You deserve to be banned for this post alone

Queen Of Pop

FATCAT
On December 1, 2015 at 10:51:22 AM, JGD said:

I really don't see why people play the "you're a hater and you'll never be as rich and successful as them" card.  It really is a pointless and baseless argument.

Not to mention, it's an incorrect assumption. You don't know who's on the other end of the keyboard, they could be filthy rich and successful, they just don't want to broadcast it and ruin their cover. Personally, I could buy hundred of pounds of catnip, but I'm not gonna.

Purr more, hiss less.

StrawberryBlond
Just now, Didymus said:

We're only gonna find that out when the album's released and we see what sound it is. But to me, her own statement in March contradict what you're saying. She referred to an album that had instantly massive songs ("from the start they just blow up") and how she wanted to go to a soulful, timeless and aggressive feel. I think it's obvious from the three ANTI singles that neither of them correspond to the instant bops she referred to as belonging to her previous project. The media frenzy about her scrapping those songs for her album and desperately hiring writers for new hits was 100% fabricated and supported only by "sources" flying around, even though Rihanna's own statements completely contradicted the idea that she was even trying to make hits.

Also, why did she only film a video for BBHMM in April, a month after she released the song? It was released in full in ****ing July. If she had been serious about wanting to smash commercially, you'd think she'd plan these things differently, no?

So none of that convinces me. I'm also cackling at you thinking that Where Have You Been and Diamonds were in any way risky Rihanna songs :rip: Like, Jesus, they were the easiest hits she ever had and you know it. You also forgot about Pour It Up flopping, Loveeeeeee Song, Right Now, Bad, What Now and Jump underperforming/flopping. Unapologetic was definitely a step down commercially. And honestly what about the singles underperforming of even her previous records? You present this picture as if Rihanna always smashed whatever she did, when in truth, FourFiveSeconds and BBHMM are perfectly on point in terms of success. So the idea that suddenly Rihanna must have been shocked that she wasn't going multi-platinum everywhere is a ****ing joke, she's been used to that for more than three years now and the fact that she took her music to an even more extreme experimental direction shows that she isn't concerned with winning anyone back.

I'm also cackling at you presenting Gaga in this thread as some ideal artist when she had to scam her own fans into a meet and greet, demanding them to buy Applause 100x while she couldn't even deliver 50% of what she promised. And yeah, sure, go ahead and blame exterior circumstances for that, but if you weren't so blindsighted on pitting her supposed authenticity against Rihanna's commercial hunger you'd know that's bulls--t.

All your other arguments are all over the place and nothing makes sense. If she was so worried about flopping, why would she delay her album indeed, making it 100x harder to win anyone back? We know she had enough hits, since that's what she was working on all through 2014 so obviously slapping them on an album wouldn't be a problem. But she's not doing that. So why are you running along with fake sources saying she wants to go back to easy listening radio trash when, if that's what she wanted, we'd already have ANTI by now?

You tell me to step back and see the truth when I can't. I have no proof of what's going on, you don't either, but you're the only one making ridiculous conslusions. I'm not gonna believe obviously fake "insider" articles written explicitly to trash her. I'll see what she did when the album's released and only if it's filled to the brim with her typical boring radio garbage will I message you and admit you were right, but obviously that's not gonna happen if you look at who's producing and writing it and look at the imagery surrounding the album and listen to the snippets we have already. The sound and the imagery have been consistent since FFS so I see no reason whatsoever to assume she's drastically changing course to be successful (again).

Just because she's being experimental doesn't mean she doesn't want hits. I doubt someone who brags about how much money they've got would be against the concept of not making hits. Yes, those reports that she was scrapping songs were unfounded but they came from a logical place. This is simply what artists do when they delay albums. This album reminded me a lot of Mariah's Elusive Chanteuse album. Single after single with no album in sight and Mariah constantly saying that she was "going back into the studio until this album is perfect." Her team just wanted a massive hit like she used to have and a #15 track selling a million copies wasn't enough for them, even though Mariah was in her 40's and passed her peak long ago. If you don't have a big hit, labels want to delay because they want ultimate success.

Rihanna had never done EDM until WFL and she'd never released a ballad as a single until Diamonds (plus, her ballads don't sell all that good). They wouldn't be risky for most but they were risky for her. i know she had a lot of flops per album. Her first 2 singles smash than she falls. It's her trademark. But that's only because she doesn't promote later singles. She puts it all into the first 2 and then gives up. That's the only reason they fail. But all her leads smash effortlessly...until now.

Gaga's tactics were standard for a lot of artists. Her label totally forced her into this. The media just liked to make out she was desperate and you know it.

I know, delaying doesn't make any sense, but that's what people in the industry do. I've been the biggest critic of this theory, saying that delaying only makes the problem worse, not better. But it still happens. I never quoted any sources or said I believed any sources. I don't need sources to tell me the obvious. This is all based on my understanding of the industry based on extensive research. I've seen it all before.

She wants to be experimental and successful simultaneously, as I keep saying. She wants it all, she's always wanted it all. The delay is weird if she really has kept all her singles on it but I guess we'll never know what the true conception of it was and if anything was changed. If she was confident in her vision, that album would have been released back in April, 3 months after the lead single, the way things should be. If 45S had been the biggest smash of her career, we would have got the album in no time at all and you know it. No one plans to release an album a year after the lead single. Rihanna's lead singles never flop. Naturally, there must have been meltdowns all round when the unthinkable happened and crisis meetings were called.

Tommy Monster
1 hour ago, Clean said:

The essays :toofunny:

My thoughts exactly at the very point that I saw your post :laughga::laughga: 

Didymus
1 minute ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Gaga's tactics were standard for a lot of artists. Her label totally forced her into this. The media just liked to make out she was desperate and you know it.

Of course I do :rip: But the fact that she dared to do it, even if forced, in an era that was supposed to be about putting "music not the bling" and putting art on the forefront was just terribly comical, which is the only reason why journalists jumped on her that viciously.

4 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

She wants to be experimental and successful simultaneously, as I keep saying. She wants it all, she's always wanted it all. The delay is weird if she really has kept all her singles on it but I guess we'll never know what the true conception of it was and if anything was changed. If she was confident in her vision, that album would have been released back in April, 3 months after the lead single, the way things should be. If 45S had been the biggest smash of her career, we would have got the album in no time at all and you know it. No one plans to release an album a year after the lead single. Rihanna's lead singles never flop. Naturally, there must have been meltdowns all round when the unthinkable happened and crisis meetings were called.

I can't believe you're calling FFS a flop though seriously :rip: It's her most critically acclaimed single ever and it actually was successful for what it is: it can't be played at clubs, it completely divided her fanbase, I mean, I was honestly surprised it did as well as it did in the end. It effortlessly reached the Top 5 in most countries and it got multi-platinum in very important markets, incl. the U.S. :flop: What's so bad about that?

So no, I still can't really align myself with the idea that Rihanna was in some state of shock when FFS, AO and BBHMM captured the attention and praise of music critics and sparked lively debates among her fans, thinking she made the biggest release mistake in years. I also think you're wrong when you state that Rihanna always promotes the **** out of the first two singles - something she didn't do with FFS and BBHMM at all. She only performed FFS once (in a critically praised performance I might add) and BBHMM thrice without a music video, as I already mentioned. One of those performances again got critical praise, which is rare for Rihanna performances. So where's the big promotion? There is none.

I can imagine that ANTI could've come sooner, maybe indeed under the pressure/promise of commercial success (even though I still maintain that no idiot in the world could've believed that BBHMM and AO could've become smash hits and they're horrible single choices to begin with if you're looking for success), but to me that doesn't necessarily mean that Rihanna got scared and on that basis of fear decided to change her game. She has to have known that she was not gonna get in the big millions for these songs, especially with her retarded TIDAL tricks and her non-attempts at promoting them.

Anyway, I'm very curious to hear what you think of the album :green:

Iwontell

I'm more than ready, Rih...really hoping this is true, cuz every week is a different rumor/release date...

Reading this topic...we have too much free time...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

StrawberryBlond
Just now, Didymus said:

Of course I do :rip: But the fact that she dared to do it, even if forced, in an era that was supposed to be about putting "music not the bling" and putting art on the forefront was just terribly comical, which is the only reason why journalists jumped on her that viciously.

I can't believe you're calling FFS a flop though seriously :rip: It's her most critically acclaimed single ever and it actually was successful for what it is: it can't be played at clubs, it completely divided her fanbase, I mean, I was honestly surprised it did as well as it did in the end. It effortlessly reached the Top 5 in most countries and it got multi-platinum in very important markets, incl. the U.S. :flop: What's so bad about that?

So no, I still can't really align myself with the idea that Rihanna was in some state of shock when FFS, AO and BBHMM captured the attention and praise of music critics and sparked lively debates among her fans, thinking she made the biggest release mistake in years. I also think you're wrong when you state that Rihanna always promotes the **** out of the first two singles - something she didn't do with FFS and BBHMM at all. She only performed FFS once (in a critically praised performance I might add) and BBHMM thrice without a music video, as I already mentioned. One of those performances again got critical praise, which is rare for Rihanna performances. So where's the big promotion? There is none.

I can imagine that ANTI could've come sooner, maybe indeed under the pressure/promise of commercial success (even though I still maintain that no idiot in the world could've believed that BBHMM and AO could've become smash hits and they're horrible single choices to begin with if you're looking for success), but to me that doesn't necessarily mean that Rihanna got scared and on that basis of fear decided to change her game. She has to have known that she was not gonna get in the big millions for these songs, especially with her retarded TIDAL tricks and her non-attempts at promoting them.

Anyway, I'm very curious to hear what you think of the album :green:

She wanted big debut sales, who doesn't? She did similar things for the C2C release and no one bashed her this time. Artists always do stuff like this for the debut week, it's not desperate at all, nor is it some sign that the artistry doesn't matter. If you can't get to #1, your artistic masterpiece won't get noticed, will it?

I disagree that it's her most acclaimed ever. I'd say that was maybe Diamonds and Stay. I don't know why anyone praised it. It was so bad, wannabe avant garde and failing, so pretentious. I call it a flop because a ton of her fans hated it, the public clearly didn't like it (those fan sales was what got into top 5 in most markets because it dropped soon afterwards), it didn't sell as well as her previous lead singles and it hasn't become culturally significant (no covers of it on reality singing shows and suchlike). Its YouTube views were very low by her lead single standards. It won't be remembered as one of her greatest hits, just that really weird single that caused a disaster of an era.

That's what I've been saying from the start - promotion has been practically non-existant for this era. Which is another reason why she's flopping.

Well, if she didn't delay it out of fear of flopping, what is the reason? There literally is no other conclusion.

I'm curious too. I'll keep an open mind, honestly. If she's kept all the singles in, already, she'll have got some brownie points from me.

Didymus
1 minute ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I call it a flop because a ton of her fans hated it, the public clearly didn't like it (those fan sales was what got into top 5 in most markets because it dropped soon afterwards), it didn't sell as well as her previous lead singles and it hasn't become culturally significant (no covers of it on reality singing shows and suchlike).

Erm, it was covered by Drake, Punk Rock Factory, James Bay, Cody Simpson and One Direction.

StrawberryBlond
Just now, Didymus said:

Erm, it was covered by Drake, Punk Rock Factory, James Bay, Cody Simpson and One Direction.

Didn't hear it. Definitely didn't make any kind of news. Rihanna's most recent tracks used to always be covered by a lot of people or were used in advertising. Not anymore. In the UK, you'd be forgiven for thinking she didn't exist this year. And we're, like, her second biggest market. A cancelled BRITS performance, no annual X Factor performance for the third year running (performers for the final haven't been announced, but I doubt she'll be there), nothing. 45S was her first lead single not to go to #1 here since Rude Boy and the other two...let's not even go into them. If we're giving up on her, it's a bad sign.

SlayedForTheGod

lol yall are so funny. if rihanna puts out an album people are gonna listen. just cause she hasnt put out an album in 3 years doesnt mean shes been out of the GP's ear. she had Monster then and 45S and BBHMM all which were substantial hits in their rights. god. ya'll just want to see someone besides gaga "flop". 

AmenTheNight

Just bought golden circle tickets for the Anti Tour in Lyon, so this b---h better release a decent album.

wiltedbliss
48 minutes ago, Creyk said:

So it seems this doesn't come tomorrow after all..... :rip:

My guess is January 8th? :rip: Each room is opening every Friday :shrug:

EDIT: maybe tomorrow it's just the preorder? Idk. I doubt it though :rip: 

Archived