💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Erykah Badu shades Iggy Azalea live at award show

Kermit

Featured Posts

Alien Tulip

I don't care for Iggy or her music and I understand why some people react the way they react towards her comments in the past but come on let it go. People constantly bring up her name with every chance they can and it honestly makes them look more ignorant than Iggy herself. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, The Professor said:

That has got to be the most annoying name 

yeah iggy's name is annoying

:derpga: 

Tbh....only one that looked stupid here is this woman...like making fun of Iggy was fun and intresting for a lottle bit but now its just plain,stupid and boring.......but i guess she needed to grab attention somehow

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

Make like Elsa and let it go, people. Making fun of Iggy is such a cheap shot, especially now that she's not even really bothering to respond (better for her, because her responses to Azealia Banks were...).

49 minutes ago, Judas Oyster said:

I'm gonna try:

Some black artists don't like her because she uses many elements from black culture and also in the way she talks. She doesn't even talk/rap in Australian accent, she uses the American accent. Some people view that has stealing, and not being herself, just trying to copy. Her butt and lips are fake, and people also react on that, that she takes what's normal in a black lady and puts it in her own body to appeal. She startes off saying "First things off I'm the realest" yet she uses all this elements, who doesn't exactly portray a person being true to themselves.

T.I., which is a big name in the black and hip-hop community, has "created" her, and some say she's being how she is because of what T.I. told her to do...

Other than that it goes on lyrical and rap skills. Many general people criticize her for just making sounds instead of actually rapping. They say it isn't rap, but yet she uses hip-hop imagery and a fusion of hip-hop and pop beats for her songs.

These are not my opinions, so don't attack me Iggy fans, this is just some of the things I know on why people dislike her.

One good example is Azealia Banks, if you search for Iggy and Banks on YouTube you'll find Banks talking about this. She talks about it in a general way tho', specifically about Iggy sometimes only.

Thank you! Its unfortunate she's being dragged through the mud for such silly reasons. And I'm not surprised to see AB has had a hand in this mess, she's a deplorable woman. 

'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

PaperIz
10 hours ago, venusian said:

for good reason

I don't think there is a good reason to hate her. Well maybe her attitude which has been bad Sometimes lol. To me it's clear that Iggy is passionate about the music she makes and it shouldn't matter if she's white. And like others have said in this thread, dragging igloo has been done to death. Leave the woman alone. 

Judas Oyster
9 minutes ago, ajhuffman219 said:

Thank you! Its unfortunate she's being dragged through the mud for such silly reasons. And I'm not surprised to see AB has had a hand in this mess, she's a deplorable woman. 

True true! Also forgot to mention that some people say she is/was a racist and homophobic: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/entertainment/2015/06/11/iggy-azalea-also-targeted-hispanics-asians-in-racist-homophobic-tweets/

Yeah, Banks truly hates Iggy. She also mentioned that Iggy even stole her name Azealia/Azalea.
I mean, IMO Banks comes off as a black feminist. She's scared of the black culture in the future, having been stolen from the white culture. She does have some pretty legit points tbh, I understand what's on her mind. It's interesting to hear if you haven't heard her speaking about it already: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PIgbeVC6hQ

Prismatic

I don't like Igloo other than Work, but this constant hate and shade towards her is ridiculous. Give her a break. 

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

this hate game is so racist it's repulsive

and don't try to tell me all these people don't hate on her because of her white tone, that is precisely the reason. it's as if white females just aren't allowed to rap, wtf.

it's like white opera singers hating on black opera singers because "you can't play with us, opera's white ppl only".

hip hop and rap is not just an american thing anymore. people in the whitest parts of the world like, say, finland, appreciate and make rap music. 

and it's not about appropriating black american culture. it's about the music ffs

venusian
7 hours ago, PaperIz said:

I don't think there is a good reason to hate her. Well maybe her attitude which has been bad Sometimes lol. To me it's clear that Iggy is passionate about the music she makes and it shouldn't matter if she's white. And like others have said in this thread, dragging igloo has been done to death. Leave the woman alone. 

there is very good reason to hate her. shes acts like something she is not. shes the fakest person in the industry. she continues to sing a song about her being a slave master. i dont hvae any respect fo her. plus she cant rap for ****. 

WELCOME TO THE TRAGIC KINGDOM

I am not a fan of any of it, but those that appear to be so bothered are making fools of themselves. Carry on though.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

9 hours ago, ajhuffman219 said:

Can someone please point out to me what Iggly Azalea has done to become one of the most hated women in the music industry? I just don't get it :duck:

Because she's said some pretty horrific stuff both on Twitter and in real life AND had a song calling herself a "runaway slave master". She apologised but it went viral. Another video of her, performing at a festival, also went viral. In it she's making just random noises which are supposed to be a rapped verse but it sounds like "ijfzpijfpiejfijgrihrohqjcsppj ihaozahe pow pow pow zhfihfiorhjfifilerhfihreoighrze" and people were just not here for that. She's also been put on the spot at many radiostations who beg her for a freestyle (which are common for any rapper) and she's only done it a few times, usually using existing lyrics, which is the opposite of a freestyle. A clip of a low-budget music video she shot years ago also leaked and she's singing in it. The track is electro-pop and heavily, heavily auto-tuned. Yet her official bio states that she's always wanted to be a rapper. Then there's the Twitter beef but let's not get into that. 

In conclusion, everyone just doubts her authenticity. She claims to have grown-up on rap/hip-hop but the evidence is clear. She, at least, tried to be an electro/pop act at some point but conveniently left that out of her life story and hasn't even addressed it. As soon as she had a worldwide hit song, she also became a lot cockier than she used to be. Cancelling events that were "below her", then had the balls to announce a US nation-wide ARENA tour based on ONE hit song and cancel that too. She just blew up her own house, you know? If her mainstream career was a house, before the roof was even finished, she already tore down the ground level and of course everything just fell apart.

I feel like a lot of these newer artists don't know how to really take control over their own careers. Gaga 2008/2009/2010 is the perfect example of how a new artist should establish themselves. She could've slowed down after either Poker Face, Paparazzi or Bad Romance but she didn't. She talked to any media outlet in the world that wanted to feature her, performed everywhere she could and booked countless club appearances in the early days, building her a loyal audience across the world. Iggy wouldn't book a small gay club somewhere in middle America even if it could save her career. She's arrogant and blew her own chances at a mainstream rap career.

PaperIz
3 hours ago, venusian said:

there is very good reason to hate her. shes acts like something she is not. shes the fakest person in the industry. she continues to sing a song about her being a slave master. i dont hvae any respect fo her. plus she cant rap for ****. 

We really have no idea if she's like that or not. Like none at all. Just because it doesn't seem like she would be the way she is, doesn't mean she isn't. Also where is this slave master song? And I like her rapping ;)

Archived