💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

Gaga Question

GagaKing

Featured Posts

Helo, everyone! It's Grandma Sharron, I don't remember if you remember me or not but I recently just heard Gaga's music for the first time because my I got an iPhone. Anyways, I got a chance to listen to ARTPOP all the way through and I gotta tell you, that album was crazy. It was like I was on a d--g train from the 60's again. It's good, but what made Gaga go from "Just Dance" to "Mary Jane Holland"? Keep in mind I'm new to Gaga, so this grandma doesn't know much about the back story. Can someone please share? Thank you so much! Have a great Thanksgiving Thursday, and if you're not in the US, then have a nice Thursday:) Thank you, monsters!

-Grandma Sharron

SissyFromSpace
Just now, GagaKing said:

Thank you for the help!

Skip to the 3:30 frame

she talks about wanting to make electronic music 

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

Stephen

If you're interested in learning more about Gaga you can watch my documentary series (here) that summarizes her entire career in chronological order

Haroon

ASLDJALSDKADSJ your threads make me weak, I just want to squeeze you :giveup: 

Gaga got into weed quite a bit around the time of Born This Way (I think, maybe even more while she was recovering from her hip injury) so it and its effects became present in ARTPOP (Dope, Mary Jane Holland, Swine, etc) :) 

Thanks for the kind wishes and I hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving :sara: 

PartySick

She tries to evolve and change with every album but always stays true to herself :wub:

For Just Dance, she felt the world needed a party anthem. For Mary Jane Holland she was telling about her adventures in Holland where she'd dye her hair brown, call herself "Mary Jane" and go out on the town like she wasn't famous. :) 

Welcome to the cult :nick:

Swan Heart

You can also check this out, dear. :)

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

I think Just Dance was a way for her to really break into the industry. Electro-pop wasn't really that popular back then but it was a pretty simple song about partying and it had a simple pop structure. From there I think that she is really trying to evolve in her sound and experiment more. It's fascinating to watch her evolution!

This is a very interesting article explaining how Gaga had a musical blueprint at the beginning of her career and stuck to very rigid rules that she made: http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/culturebox/2014/03/lady_gaga_s_bad_romance_owen_pallett_explains_the_pop_diva_s_genius_using.single.html

I think now she is trying to break out of that blueprint and really push herself into another direction. Starting off, her vocals were not huge. She didn't sing in major keys, since Born This Way she has started to really show off her voice. Obviously now with Cheek to Cheek she is really letting her vocal talent shine.

She also discusses ARTPOP as an album where she let all of her pain out in this sort of electronic rave album. Applause is partly about her hip injury and how she lives to be an entertainer and artist, always pushing herself, Do What You Want is about the media pressure put on her with people wanting her to fail, Swine is about her being raped by an old producer when she was younger, Mary Jane Holland is about the freedom she felt in 2012 she dyed her hair brunette and was able to sneak around incognito without anyone recognising her.

I think she is just trying to keep pushing herself thematically and sonically, I think it's a very exciting time to be a Gaga fan because with ARTPOP she showed lots of different sides to her, Do What You Want, Venus, Swine, Aura, Dope are all very different songs. Then with Cheek to Cheek she really focused on her voice.

Can't wait to see what she does with her new album. I'd love for it to sound something like what she released with Tom Ford!

10 hours ago, Steve Nasty said:

If you're interested in learning more about Gaga you can watch my documentary series (here) that summarizes her entire career in chronological order

Thank you so much! Have a nice day!

10 hours ago, Bebe said:

I think Just Dance was a way for her to really break into the industry. Electro-pop wasn't really that popular back then but it was a pretty simple song about partying and it had a simple pop structure. From there I think that she is really trying to evolve in her sound and experiment more. It's fascinating to watch her evolution!

This is a very interesting article explaining how Gaga had a musical blueprint at the beginning of her career and stuck to very rigid rules that she made: http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/culturebox/2014/03/lady_gaga_s_bad_romance_owen_pallett_explains_the_pop_diva_s_genius_using.single.html

I think now she is trying to break out of that blueprint and really push herself into another direction. Starting off, her vocals were not huge. She didn't sing in major keys, since Born This Way she has started to really show off her voice. Obviously now with Cheek to Cheek she is really letting her vocal talent shine.

She also discusses ARTPOP as an album where she let all of her pain out in this sort of electronic rave album. Applause is partly about her hip injury and how she lives to be an entertainer and artist, always pushing herself, Do What You Want is about the media pressure put on her with people wanting her to fail, Swine is about her being raped by an old producer when she was younger, Mary Jane Holland is about the freedom she felt in 2012 she dyed her hair brunette and was able to sneak around incognito without anyone recognising her.

I think she is just trying to keep pushing herself thematically and sonically, I think it's a very exciting time to be a Gaga fan because with ARTPOP she showed lots of different sides to her, Do What You Want, Venus, Swine, Aura, Dope are all very different songs. Then with Cheek to Cheek she really focused on her voice.

Can't wait to see what she does with her new album. I'd love for it to sound something like what she released with Tom Ford!

Omg thank you SO much!

Archived