music news

Adele '25' US sales discussion - reached 3M+

Haroon

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, PicklePower said:

Gaga

53 minutes ago, Assarrai said:

Your stan card 

Guess I'll have to do with 50K in two days of sales...

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gagaisitalian

I love the album.

This also makes me happy because I love when an artist can sort of revive the music industry with one single album. It saddens me that physical cd sales are on a decline so I'm just very happy that every so often an artist comes around that people will flock to the store to buy their album (Adele, Taylor, etc.) 

:sara:

LaLuna

Taylor Swift who??? :laughga:

Seriously though, I was expecting the album to sell like crazy, but this is unreal. 

Still not in love with the album though, it's nothing special to me. 

gagaconvert

Every time I read another of these sales updates now I just laugh tbh :toofunny: What she's doing right now is astoundingly incredible. I knew she'd do well but I wasn't expecting this level of annihilation! :giveup: It's just amazing. History in the making, y'all. 

VenusBlackStar
50 minutes ago, thierryrreiht said:

it's predictable.. 

I feel that in 25 years it will be remembered as The First Album to have sold 3 million in its first week

rather than "Adele's best album"

and can we all agree in advance that she will snatch 5-6 Grammy's in 2017 because the jury would get so much backlash for not rewarding her? (does it really deserve all the awards, over all the albums from Oct.2015 to Sept.2016, which will probably give us a few gems?)

In terms of it being predictable, I mostly agree except about the production quality of the songs. The songs on 25 trade the more vintage soul feel of 21 for an updated sound with some warm drum pads/synths. I also think she sings a little differently than she did before she had her vocal surgery a few years ago. Tiny things, but enough to set it apart a little from previous albums.

HOWEVER, I agree with your last paragraph about Grammy snatching because that's pretty much what happened last time. And wish I could be joking saying this but the jury might get death threats from the world if they don't choose Adele even if she's not truly deserving of the awards.

It should be illegal to murder our faves in public like that 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Woaw, just unbelievable. Gz!

And I cant at ppl expecting every artist to change their stuff each album?! why? Has Tony Bennet done that? No. Actually most artist stay in The format they are most comfortable, and at their best. Its perfectly fine and thats what ppl mostly want anyway...

PlasticHo
1 hour ago, Red said:

It should be illegal to murder our faves in public like that 

Where is that dying laughing emoji when you need it. LOL So true though. :giveup:

l still can't say anything negative about her, her effort in her music/performances etc. She's great.

So glad she didn't drastically change her style for this album. Was so scared she was going to. The formula works for her. I think she should always modernize with the times a little, but not change up her style all together. I think her music will always be centered around her voice. 

Dangerous Man
1 hour ago, Alfonso said:

I just hope she doesn't take Gaga'thGrthmys :wtf:

She will unfortunately. However, Gaga can release LG5 after thE grammy deadline next year, so it means lg5 release will be on the 4th quarter of 2016.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Archived