💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Hotel's ratings finally stopped declining!

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley

As you can see Hotel's ratings have been gradually declining since Episode 1, but last week and this week's episodes have the same ratings - 2.64 million.

Hopefully it will go up next week, since the previous episodes' quality usually determine the amount of people tuning in to watch the next one. At least that's what I observe from Game of Thrones. :nick:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Horror_Story:_Hotel

Honestly, who cares about how many millions of people watch it? The show is #2 every week, right behind Empire that doesn't feature any blood and gory imagery, even FX doesn't give a **** since they already renewed the show.

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Mister Gaga

It's nice to have high ratings, but it's also nice to recognize the quality of the show :) 

If you compare this season to Coven and Freak Show, ratings are much lower than both of them. But if we talk about plot, coherence, horror and suspense (what American Horror Story is, in fact) Hotel beats them by miles.

8 minutes ago, Mister Gaga said:

It's nice to have high ratings, but it's also nice to recognize the quality of the show :) 

If you compare this season to Coven and Freak Show, ratings are much lower than both of them. But if we talk about plot, coherence, horror and suspense (what American Horror Story is, in fact) Hotel beats them by miles.

Wasn't Asylum (aka the season most people have as their favorite) the one with the lowest rating?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

Mister Gaga
1 minute ago, Red said:

Wasn't Asylum (aka the season most people have as their favorite) the one with the lowest rating?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

that's a fact baby. Asylum is imo the best season. It's just AHS essence. And it has the lowest ratings. Quality > Ratings

2 minutes ago, Mister Gaga said:

that's a fact baby. Asylum is imo the best season. It's just AHS essence. And it has the lowest ratings. Quality > Ratings

It seems to me that Coven's success was a consequence of Asylum's slayage tbh

Mister Gaga
50 minutes ago, Red said:

Asylum was very polarizing. If American Horror Story was in fact about ACTUAL horror, no one would watch it. People won't see voluntarily something of which they're afraid/uncomfortable. Coven was really appealing to the GP, because it's horror wasn't about human fears. Witches, mythological creatures...

Asylum treated with religion, madness, confinement, addictions...and people just won't see that, because that would make them think about real human problems. Hotel is suffering the same destiny.

Sorry if this seems a little weird; it's just my opinion. 

1 minute ago, Mister Gaga said:

Asylum was very polarizing. If American Horror Story was in fact about ACTUAL horror, no one would watch it. People won't see voluntarily something of which they're afriad/uncomfortable. Coven was really appealing to the GP, because it's horror wasn't about human fears. Witches, mythological creatures...

Asylum treated with religion, madness, confinement, addictions...and people just won't see that, because that would make them think about real human problems. Hotel is suffering the same destiny.

Sorry if this seems a little weird; it's just my opinion. 

Coven's salvation for me was its light humor

Illuminati

Coven was the weakest in terms of horror.. and partially plot, yet it was adored by gp. i think hotel is doing great in terms of quality, which is all that should matter, it's better than coven, maybe even than freak show.

Bad Bromance

Yay!!  I'm glad to hear that because this season is too good to miss out on, tbh.  Gaga's acting is superb and I couldn't be more proud of our girl.  :D

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

Bradley
4 hours ago, Red said:

Honestly, who cares about how many millions of people watch it? The show is #2 every week, right behind Empire that doesn't feature any blood and gory imagery, even FX doesn't give a **** since they already renewed the show.

Slay :gaycat:

Bradley
3 hours ago, Red said:

Coven was good in its own way. But Asylum definitely helped instigated its success.

Archived