💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Missy Elliott/Nicki Minaj Relationship Timeline

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

So I was thinking, why has Nicki not congratulated Missy Elliott on her new comeback hit? I know that Nicki has cited Missy Elliott as one of her influences in the past, so I find this odd. MANY celebrities have tweeted about Missy's new song. So I've decided to put a timeline of their distant relationship together. As a Nicki fan, I know she can get a bit pressed sometimes, but who knows what going on. This timeline might help figure things out. 

June 2010: In an article in New York Mag, the magazine highlights the upcoming rapper Nicki Minaj. The article quotes Missy Elliott  talking about Minaj.

"She reminds me of myself the way she says whatever she wants however she wants on record, like riddles or funny sh$t. Nicki makes rapping fun again."

March 2, 2012: While promoting her new album Roman's Revenge, Nicki Minaj talks to Funkmaster Flex about her influences and names Missy Elliott.

September 19, 2012: Missy Elliott visits Rapfix Live (an MTV show) and talks about the Lil Kim/Nicki Minaj feud. In the interview Missy says,

“I felt like that situation divided us. There’s enough room for everybody. I wanna see everybody get it. I love to see women just have on their own. You watch the guys do it all the time. They go out on the road with each other, probably don’t like each other. Go on and get that money. She’s [Nicki's] out there hustling, can’t be mad at that. Lil’ Kim is my sister. I’ve known her for years and I never turn my back on her."

July 2, 2014: After Nicki shaded Iggy Azalea at the 2014 BET Awards, Nicki took to Twitter to speak about "authenticity" in the rap game. Nicki praised Missy Elliot in her series of tweets.

June 17, 2015: Nicki Minaj gives acceptance speech and throws major shade at Lil Kim and Iggy Azalea. I first I thought it was for Iggy because of her "Iggy stance" she did the year prior, that she repeated this year. But the media zoned in on it being for Lil Kim because she had just performed that night.

Missy Elliott, who is good friends with Lil Kim, then sent out a serious of tweets...

Missy then liked a tweet by someone who asked if the tweet was about Nicki Minaj. (that shade Missy threw was red hottttt)

And that brings us to now where Nicki has not acknowledged her influencer's comeback song.

What's your guys opinion?

Is there beef between Missy and Nicki now?

Is Nicki angry about Missy's tweets?

Is Nicki scared that Missy could take away Nicki's spot of being the ONLY major female rapper in the 2010's

Has Nicki merely forgotten to tweet Missy?

Did Nicki secretly throw Missy a huge party for the single release and people just aren't talking about it?

Kermit

Missy >>> most female rappers so I really don't care to much about it.

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

Missy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

JusKeepBreathin

I think Nicki better check herself with her last floptastic album. Don't come for a real legend Nicki, you gontta regret it.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Riot Poof

I don't think it's a big deal, tbh. If Nicki's pressed, let her be pressed. Missy's gonna do her thing anyways.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Archived