question

Is Adele basic?

Carmex

Featured Posts

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No.

Her Music is not and her persona isn't either. What could make her basic is, that she's not 'exclusive' like FKA Twigs or other Artists that aren't overexposed.

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

Haroon

I wouldn't say so, no :laughga: 

She isn't groundbreaking in the subject matter or how it's approached exactly, but there's this magical thing with her lyrics and the way she sings that I can't quite explain, it just pulls at your heartstrings like no other artist :giveup: She has a gift with words and the way she goes about bringing her content to our ears, so I think that makes her special :yay: 

@Brahyun I edited your OP and removed the snippet thing because there's a standalone topic for that :) 

Phantomhive

It's funny that what would seem like her "basic" trait i.e. just her, her voice, and her lyrics in almost everything that she does (videos and performances) makes the world fall to its knees.

So no, she's refreshing... and terrifying lol.

In I fly on wings of winter.

LePetitGAGABLover
7 minutes ago, Phantomhive said:

It's funny that what would seem like her "basic" trait i.e. just her, her voice, and her lyrics in almost everything that she does (videos and performances) makes the world fall to its knees.

So no, she's refreshing... and terrifying lol.

8 minutes ago, CurlyBae said:

No

28 minutes ago, Haroon said:

I wouldn't say so, no :laughga: 

She isn't groundbreaking in the subject matter or how it's approached exactly, but there's this magical thing with her lyrics and the way she sings that I can't quite explain, it just pulls at your heartstrings like no other artist :giveup: She has a gift with words and the way she goes about bringing her content to our ears, so I think that makes her special :yay: 

@Brahyun I edited your OP and removed the snippet thing because there's a standalone topic for that :) 

28 minutes ago, Noahhh said:

No.

Her Music is not and her persona isn't either. What could make her basic is, that she's not 'exclusive' like FKA Twigs or other Artists that aren't overexposed.

You guys are all wrong. She is basic, that's what makes her incredible. She doesn't need to wear a meat dress to sell singles, or go naked to the Vma's like Miley to sell albums. She gets emotions through people just by singing. She doesn't need the "extra flavor." She is basic, but in a good way. Which is pretty incredible since she doesn't need to do all the crazy things other artists do to sell millions of albums. 

Fiona Apple
1 minute ago, LePetitMonstr said:

You guys are all wrong. She is basic, that's what makes her incredible. She doesn't need to wear a meat dress to sell singles, or go naked to the Vma's like Miley to sell albums. She gets emotions through people just by singing. She doesn't need the "extra flavor." She is basic, but in a good way. Which is pretty incredible since she doesn't need to do all the crazy things other artists do to sell millions of albums. 

Simplicity is not always basic.

16 minutes ago, LePetitMonstr said:

You guys are all wrong. 

I stopped reading after that, we are not wrong because we have a different Opinion than yours. Gurl.

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

She's like a bar singer, the one that just sitting there, singing her songs through the night and touching you inside.

So yeah she's basic but in a good way.. she's what supposed to be a singer, like at old times..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Haroon
3 minutes ago, LePetitMonstr said:

Difference of opinion, we're not wrong :blink:

I see what you mean about her purely relying on singing and stuff and I agree with that, but I don't think that makes her "basic". "Basic" for me means foundation level and not adding or going beyond that foundation level in any way. I think Adele goes above that level with her writing & singing :happy: 

Archived