Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Would you be a fan of Gaga doing a reference heavy album?

Duella Dvil

Well...  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Would you?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

Duella Dvil

Would you be here for an album heavy in references to older previous works. For example, the song "Burn The Pages" by Sia is a direct reference to her song Lullaby from her 08 release Some People Have Real Problems, and some other lyrics reference other songs (You're dark grey like a storm cloud swelling up with rage that is desperate to be let out) Cloud from We Are Born (I am a dark cloud Swelling with RAAAAGE)

Another example, Rebel Heart, the album is chock full of references

Veni Vidi Vici I took a holiday...I kinda got Into The Groove...I Expressed Myself...When it came to S.E.X...Walked the Borderline...Struck a pose (Vogue)...Justified my love...Prayer...Opened My Heart...Learned the Power of Goodbye...saw a ray of light, Music saved my life

Holy water, directly samples Vogue

Unapologetic Bizznatch ...now you're saying that you're Sorry, I don't wanna know. (I don't wanna hear, I don't wanna know, please don't say you're sorry...)

Graffitti Heart feels like a part 2 to Materpiece of MDNA

Im sure we could go on all day with self referencing in other artists discographies.

But would you be a fan of a Gaga album say 10 years from now if she remains a player in entertainments deadliest game that throws new spins on old tracks, references huge hits, and reinvents fan favs?

www.instagram.com/theduella666

MonsterOfSpain

Yeah why not, it would be cool. She's already done this though, she references Just Dance in Monster for example.

I think If she'd sample herself in 10-15 years, with a melody of one of her songs, that's simple and catchy (Just Dance, Poker Face and Applause) I'd be here for it. For LG5 I'd like something fresh. 

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

Duella Dvil
2 minutes ago, Noahhh said:

I think If she'd sample herself in 10-15 years, with a melody of one of her songs, that's simple and catchy (Just Dance, Poker Face and Applause) I'd be here for it. For LG5 I'd like something fresh. 

This wasn't about LG5 at all, this was for what you said in your first sentence.

But would you be a fan of a Gaga album say 10 years from now if she remains a player in entertainments deadliest game that throws new spins on old tracks, references huge hits, and reinvents fan favs?

Duella Dvil
7 minutes ago, Noahhh said:

Realized that that sounded shady (my response)

It was not meant as such, it was meant to agree xB

Haroon

I think it can sound cool and special and nostalgic, like it makes people aware of the references really raise their ears and be like "I see what you did there :awesome: ". Maybe not too heavy with the referencing because that doesn't make it that special anymore - few here or there seem alright :) 

RAMROD

She can do that, I mean sone parts of her real life pretty much referencing Paparazzi music video  she even actually have a huge beach house now just like in the MV :green: 

But it is not known that mean Kinney will hurt ha and she will poison Kinney tho? :ohno:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived