💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

1989™ vs E·MO·TION...

darkchylde

1989™ or E·MO·TION?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. 1989™ or E·MO·TION?

• E·MO·TION (also known as The Second Coming or The Pop Bible)

Featured Posts

darkchylde

... Who deserves the Grammy(s) more?

Taylor-Swift-to-Cover-Vogue-Magazine-FDR1435519536_carly.jpg

Everyone thought Taylor Swift™ had another Grammy in her purse last October when she released "1989"™, her first pop-labeled album, a collision between mainstream & indie producers that delivered an amazing pop jewel. Whoever, this summer, Carly Rae Jepsen set the standards higher than Swift's with her 80s synthpop bomb, "E·MO·TION", surprising everyone after her latest pop attemt, "KISS".

Both albums received amazing reviews by both fans and critics but only one, Taylor Swift™ 's, also managed to achieve a huge commercial success. The Grammys and everyone related to them insist that album sales have nothing to do with who wins what, but with Taylor Swift™ joining the Grammy's judge list, the balance sure points towards her.

If you were to ask me, Taylor Swift does not need any Pop/AOTY Grammys for 1989. On the other side, Carly Rae Jepsen delivered an amazing album and winning/being nominated to a Grammy for it will give her the push she needs to become a big pop star, like she deserves.

(Disclaimer: I do not associate with Taylor Swift, Taylor Nation, Taylor Swift's management, Big Machine or any others related to Taylor Swift's team and public presence. I do not own the rights of any of her albums, songs or lyrics possibly mentioned here and any comments against her are merely casual and guileless).

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wiltedbliss

The disclaimer and "Taylor Swift™" have gotten so goddamn old. Get over it, and try to come up with something not a year old if you wanna try so hard to be funny.

darkchylde
Just now, Gaga is Mine said:

The disclaimer and "Taylor Swift™" have gotten so goddamn old. Get over it, and try to come up with something not a year old if you wanna try so hard to be funny.

I'm not trying to be funny, people in tumblr got sued/their posts deleted over her. I'm being safe.

Just now, vancoop said:

I thouht Emotion flopped really hard?

Yes she did, but I don't think there's a minimum of album sales for an album to enter the Grammys? Also, that may not have discouraged her, since she just released a video for a new single, 'Your Type' and it's literal perfection.

Haroon

It's a hard decision that I don't think I'm qualified to actually make :laughga: I've listened to 1989 many many times and I still love it as much as the first time. E.MO.TION I've listened to once but I was blown away by it, I really should go purchase it and listen to it more because I really enjoyed it :) 

wiltedbliss
7 minutes ago, VenusOddity said:

I'm not trying to be funny, people in tumblr got sued/their posts deleted over her. I'm being safe.

Oh, please.

darkchylde
1 minute ago, Nein said:

You really believe those disclaimers on Tumblr? Jokes on you I guess. 

1989 > Emotion.

Just now, Gaga is Mine said:

Oh, please.

Don't jump on me, I'm just a scared teen who has no money for lawyers.

wiltedbliss
2 minutes ago, VenusOddity said:

Don't jump on me, I'm just a scared teen who has no money for lawyers.

There we go again with the out-dated jokes :neyde:

15 minutes ago, Gaga is Mine said:

I still find it very funny :laughga:

Oh, I'm just visiting-

I keep hearing criticly emotion is a great album and could snag some grammys.... That would be the biggist comeback/upset i think in music history

Archived