Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
question

Would Iggy Azalea be taken more seriously if she was black?

StrawberryBlond

Featured Posts

FGGrayson

Yes, she would probably be overrated af

๐—Ÿ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐˜† ๐—š๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ฎ โ€ข ๐— ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐˜† ๐— ๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ โ€ข ๐—ฆ๐—ผ๐—ฝ๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฒ-๐—˜๐—น๐—น๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—•๐—ฒ๐˜…๐˜๐—ผ๐—ฟ โ€ข ๐—ฃ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐˜€๐—ผ๐—ป

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ARTPOPdidntflop
4 hours ago, Iwontell said:

Well, if she was black, one of the biggest criticisms against her (cultural appropriation) wouldn't be plausible...so it would all come down toย how her skills as a rapper compare to her contemporaries...

I think she's almost on pair with Nicki, who's big and respected...so, yeah, she'dย probably get more credit for what she does...

But Iggy isn't as good as Nicki rapping wise, fact. That can't be left to opinion. It's like saying Turtles are faster than Cheetahs

Gaga x Nicki x Azealia x Ariana x Kesha x Bey

inuborg
4 hours ago, Harry said:

For goodness sake why would you make this thread?ย It will just go round and round in circles because some people think she's crap and some people think she's great. That's how the world works.

Your entire argument is based around the fact you think she's "good". That's all. You have no evidence to suggest that her ethnicity alone plays any part. The only reason her whiteness comes into it is because of her past racist comments and her cluelessness when it comes to addressing/responding to the totally valid criticisms and concerns aimed at her. I'm sorry but any white person proudly calling themselves a slave master in a music video whilst cracking a whip is an absolute MORON and has no clue, no matter how many times they apologise for it.

In regards to whether her 'talent' would be taken seriously - no. I'm sure we've all seen these.

Any rapper, black, white, Asian or anything else would be laughed at if they spouted their lyrics out in that unintelligible way. I can barely understand her whenever I see her performing live, and I have actually seen her live. Studio does wonders.

With the freestyle video, there's so many things to say about it that have no doubt been brought up a million times that I won't even bother. If you think it shows anything more than an untalented and phony rapper then you're as clueless as she is. The way she delivers a verse from her album under the guise of a freestyle, the way T.I. literally starts pacing the room in sheer panic as soon as he realises what she's been asked to do because he knows that his little manufactured machine is incapable.

The accent she puts on only to rap is embarrassing and borderline offensive.

Her ghostwriter has come forward. What does she actually do?

Maybe she is subject to more scrutiny in the rap game as a white person, just as Eminem was when his career began. The difference there is that... none of the above points apply to him. Sure, she's a woman too. And there is definitely discrimination against women in hip-hop. I still don't think most straight male hip-hop fans respect Nicki or even Kim. So that probably doesn't help her.

You could even play devil's advocate and argue that being the only 'white girl' of hip-hop helped her get attention.

If she was black none of the stuff I said about her critics would be valid, and it would only be the 'talent' issues that were relevant. So with that considered, I'm going to say no.

The effortless readย 

JFK haย 

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

ARTPOPdidntflop
4 hours ago, Harry said:

ย 

ย 

I cringe SO hard whenever I watch this.

Look at her desperately looking towards T.I like "Please help me"ย :laughga:

Skip to 2:09 for the best part :toofunny:ย 

4 minutes ago, ARTPOPdidntflop said:

I cringe SO hard whenever I watch this.

Look at her desperately looking towards T.I like "Please help me"ย :laughga:

"Oh... a beat?" *sip sip sip*

T.I" "uh oh" *paces room*

the body language says it all, really

"you do it over beats?" - like... does she know anything ?

RAMROD

No. Because the problem is not her skin colour, but her rap skills and flow.ย 

And she's unableย to spit freestyle which proves she is manufactured and not made from the streets.

If she was black, she will be female Soulja Boyย or something, still ridiculed nbd.

So, NEVER ever, EVER, compare her with Eminem just cosย they are both pale on the skin, Em is very reputable rapper in the community, he proved his worth.

(๏พ‰โ—•ใƒฎโ—•)๏พ‰โœง*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸ ๐š๐šŠ๐š—๐šŒ๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š’๐š— ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐šœ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š๐š˜๐š  ๐š˜๐š ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š—๐š’-๐š’-๐š’-๐š’๐š๐š‘๐š...! (*ยด่‰ธ๏ฝ€*) โ™กโ™กโ™ก

No, she doesn't right her own stuff and would have a harder time if she had a different background.

Don't visit my profile

ARTPOPdidntflop
8 minutes ago, Harry said:

"Oh... a beat?" *sip sip sip*

T.I" "uh oh" *paces room*

the body language says it all, really

I really wanted to like Iggy but it's obvious that her whole image is built on conningย mainstream music listeners into believing she is a rapper. I'm not gonna post links in case I get flagged for flame bait, but search for her "Pop" videos, her formula of aย failed pop career, then trying to get successful in anyway possible, eventually filling the "white girl rapper" niche is painfully obvious

Iwontell
15 minutes ago, ARTPOPdidntflop said:

But Iggy isn't as good as Nicki rapping wise, fact. That can't be left to opinion. It's like saying Turtles are faster than Cheetas

Idk...I don't know much about rapย actually, but in terms of flow and even avoiding repetition or predictability when rhyming, I don't see that much of a difference between those two (even if Nicki is little better and knows how to market herself better)...at least it's not the same difference I see when I compare them to AB, for example, who is clearlyย more competentย - despite her shenanigans (yes, I'm 96 :v)

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

UC PiXELVISION
4 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

No. Because the problem is not her skin colour, but her rap skills and flow.ย 

And she's unableย to spit freestyle which proves she is manufactured and not made from the streets.

If she was black, she will be female Soulja Boyย or something, still ridiculed nbd.

So, NEVER ever, EVER, compare her with Eminem just cosย they are both pale on the skin, Em is very reputable rapper in the community, he proved his worth.

I don't understand how some people on this website say that he's trash, he's amazing tbh.

1 minute ago, ARTPOPdidntflop said:

I really wanted to like Iggy but it's obvious that her whole image is built on conningย mainstream music listeners into believing she is a rapper. I'm not gonna post links in case I get flagged for flame bait, but search for her "Pop" videos, her formula of aย failed pop career, then trying to get successful in anyway possible, eventually filling the "white girl rapper" niche is painfully obvious

yeah i saw them, i forgot to mention about that in my post. she was clearly just after stardom of some sort and just decided 'hey i can be a rapper how hard can it be?'.

i mean i don't care if people like her music, listen to whatever the hell you want. but let's not pretend that she's something she isn't.

Stephen

she's just not a good rapper, end of story. putting aside all the racist accusations and all that she's just not that good. She has great beats and catchy hooks (thanks Charli XCX) but just give her a mic and a stage and she's laughable. so no.

RAMROD
7 minutes ago, UC PiXELVISION said:

I don't understand how some people on this website say that he's trash, he's amazing tbh.

I think theyย are hating just becauae they think he is homophobic or something.

(๏พ‰โ—•ใƒฎโ—•)๏พ‰โœง*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸ ๐š๐šŠ๐š—๐šŒ๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š’๐š— ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐šœ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š๐š˜๐š  ๐š˜๐š ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š—๐š’-๐š’-๐š’-๐š’๐š๐š‘๐š...! (*ยด่‰ธ๏ฝ€*) โ™กโ™กโ™ก

Jewels n Drugs

No lol cus shes still trash

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

Jewels n Drugs
5 hours ago, Harry said:

For goodness sake why would you make this thread?ย It will just go round and round in circles because some people think she's crap and some people think she's great. That's how the world works.

Your entire argument is based around the fact you think she's "good". That's all. You have no evidence to suggest that her ethnicity alone plays any part. The only reason her whiteness comes into it is because of her past racist comments and her cluelessness when it comes to addressing/responding to the totally valid criticisms and concerns aimed at her. I'm sorry but any white person proudly calling themselves a slave master in a music video whilst cracking a whip is an absolute MORON and has no clue, no matter how many times they apologise for it.

In regards to whether her 'talent' would be taken seriously - no. I'm sure we've all seen these.

Any rapper, black, white, Asian or anything else would be laughed at if they spouted their lyrics out in that unintelligible way. I can barely understand her whenever I see her performing live, and I have actually seen her live. Studio does wonders.

With the freestyle video, there's so many things to say about it that have no doubt been brought up a million times that I won't even bother. If you think it shows anything more than an untalented and phony rapper then you're as clueless as she is. The way she delivers a verse from her album under the guise of a freestyle, the way T.I. literally starts pacing the room in sheer panic as soon as he realises what she's been asked to do because he knows that his little manufactured machine is incapable.

The accent she puts on only to rap is embarrassing and borderline offensive.

Her ghostwriter has come forward. What does she actually do?

Maybe she is subject to more scrutiny in the rap game as a white person, just as Eminem was when his career began. The difference there is that... none of the above points apply to him. Sure, she's a woman too. And there is definitely discrimination against women in hip-hop. I still don't think most straight male hip-hop fans respect Nicki or even Kim. So that probably doesn't help her.

You could even play devil's advocate and argue that being the only 'white girl' of hip-hop helped her get attention.

If she was black none of the stuff I said about her critics would be valid, and it would only be the 'talent' issues that were relevant. So with that considered, I'm going to say no.

Beautifully written sis :applause:

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

Archived