Stefani Tee

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

society

129 dead in Paris attacks, France closes borders

Featured Posts

mmm
2 hours ago, flyp said:

I'm not going to answer anymore to both of you because you're obviously hopeless. But what you guys are saying right now is essentially a mix of what Donald Trump and Bachar el-Assad have been saying as well. Just saying. Have a good life.

You cant win the argument so you link my opinion with someone like Trump or Assad to win the argument.. your opinion of gun control is also the opinion of Hitler and every fascist dictator in the world. 

Deku
19 hours ago, MelbHawker said:

Violent crime is occuring every day in every country on our planet though. I disagree with your post. The world keeps seeing big, disgusting attacks happen across multiple continents. I live in Melbourne Australia, the past 3 weeks we've had around 6 shootings happen locally, multiple rapes (including the rape of a 14 year old girl by a group of grown men), the discovery of multiple bodies around the state (including that of children). During my nightly reading, I've been reading article after article describing harrowing abuse of women in Africa and the Middle East, the bashing of the elderly by youth around the world, the stoning of homos-xuals in war torn countries, refugee crisis's in Europe and the Middle East that have spread conflict into neutral countries (in that context). 

I do not for one second believe that we are heading anywhere toward peace. Anyone who believe the statistics given to us by the authorities and global organisations has become blind to the censorship we are currently experiencing.

I never said the entire world was at peace, but yes peace does exist. Just because a some atrocious crimes were committed doesn't mean the world is going backwards. The news only shows the bad, which can lead to a warped perception of reality. Hell, look back 70 or so years to the end of WW2 which claimed the lives of 80 million people. Do you really think we are worse off? 

19 hours ago, MelbHawker said:

In a global context, peace doesn't exist at all. 

I completely agree with this, we are FAR from world peace. Sadly due to human nature I doubt we will achieve it anytime soon.

Judas Oyster

Why isn't this updated to 129 yet? x.X We've known this several days now.

VenusBlackStar

I'm not even going to attempt to insert myself into all these conversations and fights going on here at this thread, but for those of you closer to Paris  and impacted more directly than most of us, please be safe. <3