Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
other

90|00's Pop Princesses Acting

FGGrayson

Best Pop Princesses OST  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What song you love more? (Multiple Choice)

• BRITNEY SPEARS | I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman
    • CHRISTINA AGUILERA | Bound To You
    • JESSICA SIMPSON | These Boots Are Made For Walking
    • MANDY MOORE | Cry
    • SPICE GIRLS | Too Much
    • BEYONCÉ | Work It Out

Featured Posts

FGGrayson

This is the appreciation thread for the 90's pop princesses, an era where the pop princesses were in the top of the world, were they knew how to sing or dance, entertain & of course act. An iconic path that our Gagz is following, praying for a good film for her.

qB6Lc1b.gif

Spears landed her first starring role in Crossroads, released in February 2002. Crossroads, which had a $12 million budget, went on to gross over $61.1 million worldwide. Although the film was largely panned, some critics praised Spears's acting, they considered it a better effort when compared to Mariah Carey's 2001 film Glitter. She also has done some cameos on: Austin Powers in Goldmember & Pauly Shore Is Dead

RcMIppg.gif

In November 2010, Aguilera starred alongside Cher in the film Burlesque. The film was written and directed by Steve Antin, and grossed $90 million. It was met with mixed reviews from critics, who criticized it for being "campy and clichéd", yet praised Aguilera's acting. She also has done some cameos on: Get Him to the Greek & Pitch Perfect 2

q9DOmuF.gif

In the summer of 2005, Simpson sang the national anthem at the Indy 500 before making her first appearance in a motion picture as Daisy Duke in the movie version of the television series The Dukes of Hazzard. The film was No. 1 at the box office its opening weekend, and grossed $30.7 million on 3,785 screens. It also had an adjusted-dollar rank of No. 14 all-time for August releases. The film eventually collected $110.5 million worldwide, although it was much less financially successful outside the United States. She also starred another 3 films: Employee of the Month (2006), Blonde Ambition (2007) & Private Valentine: Blonde & Dangerous (2008)

XUYfIEX.gif

In 2002, Moore made her starring debut in the romantic drama A Walk to Remember opposite Shane West, based on Nicholas Sparks' novel of the same name. The film opened at No. 3 at the U.S. box office raking in $12,177,488 in its opening weekend. Even though not a critical success, it was a modest box office hit, earning $41,281,092 in the United States alone, and a sleeper hit in Asia. The total revenue generated worldwide was $47,494,916. The film earned Moore numerous nominations and awards for her performance. Her filmography is quite big, so.. not gonna post it, u can see it here

EDIT: You ask for them:

6eRiRZl.gif

fBr8g3s.gif

So... which movies were your faves? did you ever watched any of this movies? Who did it better? who has the most iconic role? Do you want your fave make another movie?....

Discuss!!

tumblr_nxoiglHFCF1t03zvio3_400.gif

𝗟𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝗚𝗮𝗴𝗮 • 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘆 𝗠𝗼𝗼𝗿𝗲 • 𝗦𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗶𝗲-𝗘𝗹𝗹𝗶𝘀 𝗕𝗲𝘅𝘁𝗼𝗿 • 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗶𝘀 𝗝𝗮𝗰𝗸𝘀𝗼𝗻

FGGrayson
5 minutes ago, Mark said:

tumblr_lpojvtnBxv1qdmb8eo2_250.gif >>>>>>>>>>> your faves

lady_gaga_machete_kills_2.gif

FGGrayson
14 minutes ago, Dayman said:

90's?

well... i meant 1999 :stalkga: Google agrees with me :air::

On Topic: the only movie i haven't watched is Burlesque, The Dukes of Hazzard was funny tho, A walk to remember is iconic and Crossroads it's an ok film, it's more for fans

FGGrayson
1 hour ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

wait am i judging the song or the acting skills in the movie?

Poll = song

and wathever u want to say about films/acting is in the thread i guess :stalkga:

7 minutes ago, Coop said:

Christina  had a cameo in Pitch Perfect 2? :huh: I watched that movie several times, I didn't notice that.

Idk, i took that from wikipedia

I wasnt expecting this :lmao:

https://www.facebook.com/ChristinaAguileraLeyenda/videos/868466879856694/

FGGrayson
2 hours ago, F AM E said:

A walk to remember and cry are the better movie and song out of those choices

:legend:

BornSimon

You're forgetting the only truly iconic pop culture movie of the 90s: SpiceWorld. The only one that was actually a huge success and was only stopped in the US by Titanic. Thrashed by the critics, praised by the fans, it has become a little cult movie that trends worldwide on Twitter every time it's on TV somewhere in the world. Everyone from Roger Moore to Elton John appears in this film, which broke the record for the highest ever weekend debut for Super Bowl weekend. With a budget of around 25 million dollars, it has made more than 100 million dollars worldwide. THEY. WERE. A. PHENOMENON.

ALL their music was the soundtrack to the movie, but this was the main one, and it's LUSH:

Tropico

I know you're a Beyoncé hater but you can't pay her dust like that. Dream girls was big and Listen is better than all the above songs

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

RAMROD

Beyonce!

She is the only one that did well enough of all late 90s-early 2000s Pop Divas that tried to cross over.

Her first film is not very serious but she gets better.

Second is Mandy Moore. There is reason why she seems to choose acting more than singing after A Walk To Remember.

I cannot speak about Jessica SImps and Britney cos their acting are embarrassing.

Xtine did good, but Cher certainly too big for her to balance out.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived