Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
question

to what extent has kim kardashian changed society

ARTPOPdidntflop

Featured Posts

GloZell Green

She's stupid. Or country for some reason, is choosing to crocus on natcisitic women who feel the need to post their body everyday on social media and want to be on top. A disgusting excuse for a human. She even needs to put out a s-x rape, ouch. And she in no way represents beauty. I don't see a woman with tons of surgery done and who needs to wear makeup all of the time beatiful. Sorry not sorry, I hate Kim K :neyde: 

Lady Gaga | Shakira

The Child
2 hours ago, lego said:

She was born into rich family. Her dad was a famous lawyer. And when you already have money, it's easy to make more money; to be business savy - you need good advisers and that family could afford them.

I don't really admire anything about her. She's all about selfies and booty, superficial vapid lifestyle.

She cropped out her own daughter from a selfie, only because she was "feeling her look" and the kid blinked! Horror, she ruined her moment! 

So no, there are other women who actually have talents AND are also good business women, and they deserve more spotlight than her and her family.

I mean, if having lots of money, beeing good in business is so admirable and proof of great talents, we might as well start stanning for Donald Trump. 

Or one of those Saudi kings. 

:derpga:

LMAO calm down, I crop my friends too when I'm the only one who's looking good.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Bambino

She's nothing special. She's talentless but she knows how to market herself and make more money, which is somehow smart in today's world. But that's all.

28 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

LMAO calm down, I crop my friends too when I'm the only one who's looking good.

Idk why people often say 'calm down', if I'd be more calm than I'm now, I'd be dead. :neyde:

Friend is not your own child, who you often use as a prop. At least it looks like that, in her case. Because there is more to life than trying to look good and taking selfies all the time. 

FreePalestine

Bette Davis

"she represents everything a misogynist hates"

I completely disagree. She is actually everything a misogynist loves. She is willing to take it all off in an instant to please the male eye. 

It seems like you're trying to paint her out to be some Rosie the Riveter feminist icon, when she is quite the opposite. She's the poster child of female objectification, vanity, and materialism.

giphy.gif

I agree with you that she and her sisters have made an impact on society, but I think it's a negative one.

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

Bette Davis
6 hours ago, lego said:

She was born into rich family. Her dad was a famous lawyer. And when you already have money, it's easy to make more money; to be business savy - you need good advisers and that family could afford them.

I don't really admire anything about her. She's all about selfies and booty, superficial vapid lifestyle.

She cropped out her own daughter from a selfie, only because she was "feeling her look" and the kid blinked! Horror, she ruined her moment! 

So no, there are other women who actually have talents AND are also good business women, and they deserve more spotlight than her and her family.

I mean, if having lots of money, beeing good in business is so admirable and proof of great talents, we might as well start stanning for Donald Trump. 

Or one of those Saudi kings. 

:derpga:

6 hours ago, lego said:

"She comes off as "slutty" and "bimbo-ey" men love these women in p*rn but hate it when they're actually like that but they're not able to s-xually objectify them and they're successful women"

They still objectify her. Truck drivers hang her nude pics on the walls. They still have her s-x tape to wank to.

She wouldn't be able to "break the internet" without showing her naked butt and thousands of horny men rushing to see it.

She's still a s-xual object for most. None of them care about her business or how smart/dumb she is.

That's the reality. 

Amen. Perfectly said

giphy.gif

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

ARTPOPdidntflop
9 hours ago, lego said:

"She comes off as "slutty" and "bimbo-ey" men love these women in p*rn but hate it when they're actually like that but they're not able to s-xually objectify them and they're successful women"

They still objectify her. Truck drivers hang her nude pics on the walls. They still have her s-x tape to wank to.

She wouldn't be able to "break the internet" without showing her naked butt and thousands of horny men rushing to see it.

She's still a s-xual object for most. None of them care about her business or how smart/dumb she is.

That's the reality. 

She does photoshoots etc but she isn't there to be s-xual in her real life

And that's the whole point. Everyone brushes a side her business deals etc and focuses on her negatives points which gets her more money.

I think her breaking the internet with her ass says more about other people than Kim. She's just taking advantage of it

Gaga x Nicki x Azealia x Ariana x Kesha x Bey

LoveandMagic

I don't hate Kim. I truly don't. I find her vapid, self-absorbed, and annoying, but she's not the devil and she isn't out to harm anyone. She's just lucky in being born into the right circumstances with the right looks and having extremely savvy parents. 

I do love that she seems to be in a stable marriage (that's very rare in the entertainment industry). I do love that she is proud of her curves (I think when she started getting noticed on the scene was when the Paris look was "in"). I admire the fact that her mother was able to turn a bad situation into an extremely lucrative business franchise. I don't care at all for their shows but they are just giving their audience what they want to see and I can't blame them for taking advantage of the market; it's all relatively harmless - it's not like they upped the price of life saving cancer d--gs.

I don't admire her personally, because she is either uneducated or happy to play the type. She seems materialistic and incredibly vain and self centered, however I don't think that makes her a "evil" person, it seems to me she and her sisters were raised to be trophy wives or become famous socialites and weren't encouraged to use their intellect at all. So while I don't necessarily blame her I can't applaud her because we have very different values. I look up to women who have more interests than the latest handbag and who value education (and realize what a struggle it has been for us ladies just to obtain one). I look up to women who want to be known for having a great skill or talent, not just how they look in a slinky dress or in front of a camera or the arm of their man. So while I don't hate Kim I don't admire her. However, my opinion is absolutely irrelevant to how she should live her life. That's her path to make.

And let me stress this: I refuse to slut shame her. A lot of people do, men and women, but I've seen nothing about her that seems to deserve ridicule in terms of s-xuality. Yeah, she foolishly made a s-x tape and it was accidently leaked. So what? Even if she did it on purpose that's her right. She wears low, clingy clothing because that's what she's marketing, she's not much different for many other celebrities in that regard and that's a major part of her branding: the male fantasy...and while I may not approve there is nothing necessarily wrong with that. That's a choice of hers to make. I also have nothing against her having an active s-x life, because it's none of my business and as long as she is being safe, an active s-x life can be very healthy to the body and mind. However, if anyone here thinks the general public/men respect Kim (other than the men in her life) I can all but guarantee that a great many do not think of her as much more than a s-x object. She seems aware of this and is willing to profit from that, so yes, in a way I guess you could argue she is controlling her s-xuality, though you could perhaps also argue she is devaluing herself as an individual. It's the same argument made for women in ****, strippers, or hooters girls and one I won't go into.

As far as her making an impact on pop culture...eh. I think the stuff she is doing was what Paris Hilton was doing and she was first.She has an extremely popular series of reality shows, successful products, etc, but that's not really impact to me, as in I don't really see her influencing anything on that front. I will say she and other curvy women seem to have made curvy the new s-xy. I could see the argument being made that she had impact in that regard, sure. But outside of that I really don't see any sort of obvious impact.  

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Archived