Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Should Gaga Bring Back Her "Old Self" for #LG5?

StarstruckIllusion

Featured Posts

StarstruckIllusion

This is getting sad.

ugggghhhh. The GP won't stop obsessing over FameGa! They mourn her like she died or something idk. I hear like no one talking about her irl bc I think they're just sat waiting for Poker Face and PaParazzi 2.0. I even sense the awkwardness when she comes up in convo, bc everyone still kinda likes her, but "the old lady gaga". it was cool to start "hating and shunning her since she started supporting gays"-yeah, I wish that didn't actually come out of someone's mouth too. Gaga said that its fine that people want Just Dance and Bad Romance again, so maybe she'll be happy with that? Looks like She's in a pleasing others mode with this era, and that's cute. Remember, LG5 is a Very important LP. Who should Gaga please with LG5, the majority of the GP, or only us monsters with something new? Should Gaga give in and bring back 2009Ga or no? 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
URFUTUREFAV

She should just do what she wants to do. Ya know...listen to her heart

People hate what they don't understand.

URFUTUREFAV
Just now, Benji said:

She can please both by creating great music.

this

People hate what they don't understand.

I don't miss the style/sound/looks of that time - even though they were great and I still appreciate them - but the one thing I miss from that time is her attitude.

I watched some parts of the HBO Monster Ball special last night and there was something about it that just seemed effortless. A kind of fearlessness that I feel like she's been missing for a while now. Even though I loved the artRAVE, most of it wasn't the same.

The music isn't a problem for me. I prefer BTW anyway. She can make good music and people will love it, but there will always be a select group of people who miss the "old" Lady Gaga, just like people will miss the "old" version of any artist.

StarstruckIllusion
10 minutes ago, Harry said:

I don't miss the style/sound/looks of that time - even though they were great and I still appreciate them - but the one thing I miss from that time is her attitude.

I watched some parts of the HBO Monster Ball special last night and there was something about it that just seemed effortless. A kind of fearlessness that I feel like she's been missing for a while now. Even though I loved the artRAVE, most of it wasn't the same.

The music isn't a problem for me. I prefer BTW anyway. She can make good music and people will love it, but there will always be a select group of people who miss the "old" Lady Gaga, just like people will miss the "old" version of any artist.

Same. I watch this Poker Face and Just Damce performance and she literally entered the stage from the top on this giant block and it was slowly lowered down she she snatched and that is now one of my fav performances ever. RIP?

WhoAskedOpinions
15 minutes ago, ROARyals said:

Same. I watch this Poker Face and Just Damce performance and she literally entered the stage from the top on this giant block and it was slowly lowered down she she snatched and that is now one of my fav performances ever. RIP?

what performance was this?

@WhoAskedOpinions - Rates, reviews, and rankings of music and TV shows

She has to have moved on though, she would sound so dated and boring if she stayed with that same style and sound and those very people would complain as well. That sound and Gaga is unique to that time and time has moved on, just as she has and all of us and them as well.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

PMKKARDASHiAN

Everyone misses the cool, partying, stylish, doesn't give a f*ck, bye while I go dance gaga. And I can't blame them. The whole "motherly" persona she took on, wanting to heal all the affected youths, preaching, etc was just off putting. While yea she reached lives and touched people, she also turned off a lot too. Her mysterious persona lifted and she became vulnerable. I'm all here for a vulnerable persona, but this mother monster bs just no. I'm in my mid 20s and I don't need someone to say they stand up for my lifestyle or choices or whatever. I'm strong enough to do that on my own. I personally want 08-10 gaga back, that was the best she ever was as a whole in my eyes, and people can be mad about my opinion but it's still mine and it won't be changed. Obviously I still follow her and support her, but clearly I can see why people don't 

holy scheisse
46 minutes ago, ROARyals said:

She's in a pleasing others mode with this era

what?

NO! I want something completely new, even if the GP stans for FameGa

One of my fav things about gaga is her ability to endlessly surprise us

ce176a63d9b4ec5fa41a14f87b86b9f8.jpg

Iwontell

Gaga is never going to be the one dimensional, easy, sugary popstar some people want her to be...thank god, by the way, cuz there's enough ppl playing that debasing part already. Get used to her changing and evolving and let famega go...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

There's a bit of a misconception in this thread. People missing Olg Gaga has no connection to Gaga doing FameGa again. They don't even know what they miss about her but it's mostly because she was out there, fresh, fierce and had a drive larger than life.

The thing with the General Public is that "they" don't know what they're missing because it wasn't present to them lambs. So, smart people have to be bold enough and get it out, give the choices to  "them",

2 hours ago, Sister said:

She has to have moved on though, she would sound so dated and boring if she stayed with that same style and sound and those very people would complain as well. That sound and Gaga is unique to that time and time has moved on, just as she has and all of us and them as well.

This! 

Archived