💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

other

Katy gets rave reviews at David Lynch's Meditation Benefit Concert

Serendipity

Featured Posts

Serendipity

The evening's final performance, an unusual set of re-orchestrated Perry hits, showed the diverse appeal of Lynch's foundation. Throughout the pop singer's five-song set, the audience up front remained seated, clapped politely and took the occasional cellphone pic, while the crowd in the balconies cheered loudly. 

The singer, who wore a pale pink gown, opened the set with a slightly down-tempo, emotional rendition of "Roar" that ended with her stretching out her arm with a finger raised. The orchestra then struck a haunting balance with a hip-hop drumbeat as they kicked into what became a space-y version of "Teenage Dream." After telling the crowd about what a gift transcendental meditation had been to her, she sang "Wide Awake" and "Dark Horse," the latter of which found her striking poses with violinist Margot, who improvised on the tune's melody for a solo. Perry's set ended with four pale-pink ballerinas tiptoeing out to a lush, harp-adorned take on "Firework." With each "oh-oh-oh," the dancers turned their bodies to the music. By the time Perry took her bows, the audience up front stood for an ovation.

Source

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShockPop

Literally just saying what happened. Hardly a rave review. The videos explain why it wasn't worthy of rave reviews.

Mobster

The violines playing Dark Horse :udidnt:

Not a big fan of the original, but this orchestral version will be on repeat :music::woot:

But I'm only a man and I do what I can.

Hola Soraya

Wow... her voice sounds really good here! :sara:

¿Tú me estás hablando en inglés?

Serendipity

I just discovered Dark horse completely all over again :flutter:

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

TimisaMonster

I liked the orchestra but her vocals are ok...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Whispering

Um...that's not a rave review. That's someone trying to describe everything about the performance OTHER THAN the vocals! Lol

Speaking of vocals, they were off key and all over the place, but that's pretty much to be expected with KP. 

Mister Gaga

Her vocals have been improving since the Super Bowl, but they're still a bit flat. Keep working katy! :applause:

Prismatic

720x405-david-lynch-foundation-benefit-c

The singer, who wore a pale pink gown, opened the set with a slightly down-tempo, emotional rendition of "Roar" that ended with her stretching out her arm with a finger raised. The orchestra then struck a haunting balance with a hip-hop drumbeat as they kicked into what became a space-y version of "Teenage Dream." After telling the crowd about what a gift transcendental meditation had been to her, she sang "Wide Awake" and "Dark Horse," the latter of which found her striking poses with violinist Margot, who improvised on the tune's melody for a solo. Perry's set ended with four pale-pink ballerinas tiptoeing out to a lush, harp-adorned take on "Firework." With each "oh-oh-oh," the dancers turned their bodies to the music. By the time Perry took her bows, the audience up front stood for an ovation.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/katy-perry-sting-stun-at-david-lynchs-meditation-benefit-concert-20151105

I am so here for her to include orchestra sounding in her next album or single. I am totally here for a dark fairy tale era.

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

I never knew an orchestra would fit this song so much :saw: 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

PartySick

Looks like pale pink dresses and Rolling Stone praise are the new thing

There's no need to be so serious! You're gonna die some day!

Archived