Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
question

Why is Madonna praised for Ray Of Light?

Adelephant

Featured Posts

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
McMonster08

Maybe because they didn't expect a good album from her after the greatly criticized Erotica?? Hmm idk

Serendipity

What was its message tho ? I neither thought nor suspected Ray of Light had a deep message.

It was initially titled "Karma" and was about spirituality and enlightenment

Basically the first PRISM

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

KURUSHITOVSKA

Maybe because they didn't expect a good album from her after the greatly criticized Erotica?? Hmm idk

Bedtime Stories was released between Erotica and ROL

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

Serendipity

It wasn't the album, but The Sex book that was trashed

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

AlphaMonster

I love Erotica. In my opinion, it closely followed COADF and Ray of Light, It had a unique sound too. It was probably criticized for its being all about s-xuality.

What is praised is the album... and as a fan I praise Confessions way more than ROL. 

Same. COAD is better.

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

RAMROD

She remake it well, leveled it up, and turn the song into hers.

The way Johnny Cash did to Nine Inch Nails' Hurt.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

This is a wild guess but maybe because the song itself is titled after the album, and it so happens that the album kind of redefined what we know as Pop, people praise that instead? :emma:

it wasn't laaaahv

What was its message tho ? I neither thought nor suspected Ray of Light had a deep message.

I won't go into it being "deep" just different. It was less materialistic and more spiritual. This was the time of the Spice Girls and Backsteet Boys as well as Usher and R.Kelly.

The album Madonna put out was also a complete contrast to Bedtime Stories and Erotica which were the studio albums she had released before.

In this album it wasn't about s-x, it wasn't about money and it wasn't some bubble-gum pop album. It was Madonna post-birth singing songs with mystical themes with an electronica sound.

You can see it in the music videos too. ROL was her standing in the middle of a street flying past the cars and through the night life. Frozen was all spiritual with mystical references to Hinduism, Buddhism and Kabbalah.

because it was a different, distinct sound for her that worked well and the theme was connected to an universal truth that everyone can relate to - hope

Fiona Apple

Why is Gaga praised for Cheek To Cheek?

Exactly.

Gaga is not praised on her songwriting on C2C

Kermit

Gaga is not praised on her songwriting on C2C

She was praised for her versatility as Madonna was praised for hers with Ray Of Light, which is an amazing album and unlike anything M has ever done before. 

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

Riot Poof

Covers can't be praised?

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Archived