Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
question

Why is Madonna praised for Ray Of Light?

Adelephant

Featured Posts

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ChicaSkas

Because it's a great song. 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

Adelephant

Why do you always post flamebait threads? 

How is this flamebait? 

The song is a cover. I didn't lie. It was a simple question. I don't understand why it would make you mad. 

Serendipity

So?

Whitney is praised for I Will Always Love You which is also a cover

Mariah for Without You

....so on

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

The Song and Album redefined Pop and Music in general. It broke the boundaries between Pop and Dance Music. 'Without You' by Mariah Carey is also a Cover, yet It's one of her best-selling songs because It was a Pop/RnB crossover and changed music. 

Madge totally made ROL (Album AND Song) her own, and that's hard to do, yet she did it with success. 

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

AlphaMonster

Wow, I did not know ray of light song was a cover... It is very distinct from original version... 

I don't think she was praised for the song Ray of Light though. 

I think the album was what critics praised. It has a unique sound, I would describe the album as trans-electronica on muscle relievers... Also incorporations from various musical backgrounds make it richer, like eastern strings in Frozen... 

If we come down to the fact that she performer Ray of Light on both Confessions Tour, and Sticky and Sweet Tour, I think she liked performing it because it is easy for her to perform it on guitar yet it stands out among songs she can sing on electro guitar. And also it was a type of song that crowd was reacting good, jumping like crazy thanks to it never dropping tempo...

Holistically with Confessions on a Dance Floor it is the best Madonna album in my opinion. It just has a very unique, continuous sound.

I mean ROL is a great cover and what William Orbit did to the track is incredible. She brought a very different sound and message into the mainstream at that time and it was a very brave and drastic change to her earlier work.

I think that most of the ROL praise is for the album though which is immaculate.

Diamond Heart

How is this flamebait? 

The song is a cover. I didn't lie. It was a simple question. I don't understand why it would make you mad. 

Im not mad, i couldnt care less. Ive just noticed that ALL of your threads seem to be trying to provoke arguments. You can open up a discussion without it being flamebait.

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

KURUSHITOVSKA

What is praised is the album... and as a fan I praise Confessions way more than ROL. 

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

AlphaMonster

I mean ROL is a great cover and what William Orbit did to the track is incredible. She brought a very different sound and message into the mainstream at that time and it was a very brave and drastic change to her earlier work.

I think that most of the ROL praise is for the album though which is immaculate.

What was its message tho ? I neither thought nor suspected Ray of Light had a deep message.

Kermit

Why is Gaga praised for Cheek To Cheek?

Exactly.

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

Archived