Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

HDD: Rihanna scared of Adele; Can't Release Album

Adelephant

Featured Posts

Fiona Apple

Sis Rihanna your album is gonna flop anyway. Just release it

ANTi is definitely going to be the next ARTPOP. 

No.. ANTi will be lucky if it sells 150.000 in the first week

StrawberryBlond

So, Samsung were planning to release it for free in some way? That'll really make matters even worse. U2 and Miley have proved recently that these free releases don't make one bit of difference to how many people listen to your music or talk about you. No, if she wants a chance of saving this, it'll better be a traditional, paid for release. No Tidal exclusives or free to stream online. Rihanna needs her chart positions back and with a free release not being elgiable for that, she really won't get anywhere.

The article's speculations may not be verfied but duh, of course she's scared of Adele, what sane artist wouldn't be? I notice every artist releasing from now until December has been acting all serious or has gone quiet lately as they know they're going to be overshadowed and hadn't expected it until the sudden Adele announcement. Rihanna must be cursing whoever talked her into not releasing the album way back at the start of the year when she was supposed to. I said ever since she signed to Roc Nation that Jay Z was going to ruin her career. He doesn't understand any market outside America (hence the complete lack of international promo) and he only knows how to make urban influenced tracks (which don't always chart that well internationally). And up until now, Rihanna had always been popular internationally due to her promo and expermentation into pop and dance. Jay's taking away all the stuff that made her a star. I think Rihanna and her team have to accept at this point that she's now a very different artist - a definite urban one, a more experimental one. And with that comes less commercial success. She had a great run as a commercial act but after a decade (and this disaster of an era), the time has come for her to become a new artist and stop trying to live in the past. She can't have her cake and eat it too.

Whispering

She messed up and waited too long. Those rumors about Adele releasing have been around long enough for Rihanna to have released her album already. This is Rihanna's and her team's fault. 

This Samsung release deal isn't going to get around the rules and make a free album count. People don't even want a free album anyhow.

She is basically screwed...just release it, and move on in a couple of years to a better planned era. 

It doesn't matter when or how she releases this, it will flop anyway. Let's just get over it Rih and you can come back with a fresh image and properly planned era next year.

She had so much time to release. I get that she wanted a certain sound, but at this point she would've been better off releasing a crappy album back with BBHMM and 45secs. All this new material she could've just saved for R9 and have an appropriate era. Now she's up against Adele and smaller pop acts that kinda gained momentum since Riris 2012 release.

BYE

Alien Tulip

With Gaga, Katy and Ariana coming up next year I don't see how she's safe. This b---h is desperate for another number one album. She puts on this tough girl image but honestly I think she's extremely vulnerable and soft behind the doors. She needs to man the **** up and release the album. Be confident in your work and stop being so desperate to have commercial success. Your fans are going to buy your album no matter what. Do your a fans a favor and release the album since you made them suffer all year releasing shït music. 

LoveandMagic

She had so much time to release. I get that she wanted a certain sound, but at this point she would've been better off releasing a crappy album back with BBHMM and 45secs. All this new material she could've just saved for R9 and have an appropriate era. Now she's up against Adele and smaller pop acts that kinda gained momentum since Riris 2012 release.

With Gaga, Katy and Ariana coming up next year I don't see how she's safe. This b---h is desperate for another number one album. She puts on this tough girl image but honestly I think she's extremely vulnerable and soft behind the doors. She needs to man the **** up and release the album. Be confident in your work and stop being so desperate to have commercial success. Your fans are going to buy your album no matter what. Do your a fans a favor and release the album since you made them suffer all year releasing shït music. 

I agree. At worst case scenario, the original R8 would "flop" but she would have still had some decent hits (and maybe a potential fourth or fifth one) and some great vids. By sticking by her work, which she was originally very excited about (or seemed to be) at least it would have given her more artistic integrity and who knows, maybe years later people would be hailing R8 (as originally conceptualized) as a highly under-appreciated album. Of course, it could have surprised everyone and done pretty well. We can't know because she scrapped it. But regardless of how it would have fared, a mediocre or flop record wouldn't have been the death of her career. The era would have probably been over by now and she could focus on R9 without dealing with all this mess, which looks way worse to the public I'm sure than one floppy album. I don't know if the decisions that are being made are from her, or the label, but somebody doesn't appear to be giving her good advice. She isn't going to be able to avoid heavy competition. I find this whole playing-around-for-dates-to-get-number-one's system absolutely absurd. It's like everyone is doing it and then scrambling around each other trying to get some meaningless number slapped on to their album (which won't make it any better, btw). Have a goal time frame, adjust it to your creative needs, work from there and stick to it. The States are not so poor that a person can not afford more than one album a season, they just probably won't all be purchased in the first week. Is it really so important to have that exclusive first week sales? And what about streaming? Like people aren't going to stream more than one song? Why stop there, let's get that number one at exactly 9 am on a specific day. If it doesn't sell 1 million within that hour we should deem it a total flop! I swear, I feel like I'm losing my mind sometimes. 

And I'm not trying to pick of Rih here, everyone seems to be doing this. I just wish she had stuck to her guns instead of being in this mess she finds herself in now. 

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

GagaMyBlood95

omfg, just release the damn thing and let it flop if its destined to flop and move on.

Riot Poof

I can't keep track of all the reasons why this album is being postponed. :laughga:

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Archived