💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you think LG5's best single should be the lead or the second?

Warholian

Featured Posts

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paper Gangsta

BTW wasn't the best single. Just cause it's the most sucessful doesn't mean that it's the best. If you switched its place with MTN for example it wouldnt even enter top50 probably or if you switched it with TEOG it would sell 1million at most. Reason for BTW sucess was hype that was carried from the TFM era. People where thirsty for new Gaga music just like they are now for Adeles. As soon as hype started fading away single started freefalling the charts

Vernier

Strongest=/=Best.

Strongest might be the single best placed for the charts, while best is the best song on the album.

With the exception of TF, she's never released the "best" song on the album as a single imo.

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Paper Gangsta

I made a point , that Gaga loses alot of steam after the second single 

TF- JD and PF go number one the remaining two top 10

TFM- BR and Telephone go top 3 , Alejandro goes into top 10

BTW- BTW, TEOG go Top 3 , the rest top 10 and top 40 i know that Judas is the second single but the gap between Judas and TEOG was so short that TEOG overshadowed it as the proper 2nd single in the eyes of the public especially that it was way more GP and radio friendly 

ARTPOP-Applause top 5, DWUW top 15, G.U.Y outside top 40

As you can see Gaga can hold steam for no more than two songs off each era usually after the 2nd single

so this time i suggest releasing very very strong songs as single 3 and single 4 this is what Katy did with Teenage Dream. The lead single is automatically a hit so why release the best song , the 2nd single should be good enough to become a top 10 hit and then release two songs after that smash the radio and spread Gaga's steam i guess , she has to release the BR of the album as a third single , Katy always releases her big songs as third singles. 

LoveGame was top5

And it's not about loosing steam but mostly first two singles are released before album release. Its harder to sell after album release than its to sell brand new track. Gaga has problem with this. I assume its cause people either love or hate her and these who love her bought the album anyways so they don't bother buying the single.

mister max

i just want singles with music videos that are gaga's ideas :koons: 

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?

Paper Gangsta

Strongest=/=Best.

Strongest might be the single best placed for the charts, while best is the best song on the album.

With the exception of TF, she's never released the "best" song on the album as a single imo.

She did with TFM

Paper Gangsta

She should release someone upbeat for lead and some power ballad for second. But no 'Dope' vocals pls

The best song won't be a single cause Gaga never chooses the best as single *cough* It better be the lead but the 2nd single needs to be almost as good to continue the slayage

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Vernier

She did with TFM

Yeah I just checked and she released DITD in Europe, but not in the US it seems.

Paper Gangsta

Yeah I just checked and she released DITD in Europe, but not in the US it seems.

DITD isn't even in the top3

ryhanna

I like saving stronger singles for a little later. It's a bit disheartening to hear the lead single, and later on realise you'd already heard the best the album had to offer. 

Vernier

DITD isn't even in the top3

Thankfully I specified "imo" in the initial post you quoted, so I wasn't trying to present it as fact

Bad Bromance

From previews, they know how well songs are going to be received.

ARTPOP had Gypsy as the universally acclaimed track. They were originally going to use it 2nd.

BTW had TEOG as the acclaimed track, they got forced to release it.

TFM had DITD  as the acclaimed track, they were debating that vs telephone for 2nd release.

The thing is, a decent lead is going to get attention no matter what. It lays the foundations for your great Wall.  Song 2 should almost always be the best you have to offer for 2 reasons - sustaining sales and exposure for more time, and for a "hit" to attract people to shows and tours.

It should almost always be:

2nd best

Best

Ballad

Duet or seasonal (valentines, summer, Xmas,  halloween)

The industry stopped doing this around the time people stopped being able to sustain success.

I agree with you.  The 2nd single should be the best one to ensure great album sales, etc.  

Let me make one thing clear, though, I'm not one of those people obsessed with the charts and how sucessfully an album sells.  I prefer to have a solid album that speaks to me in the same vein that all of her albums have so far.  :yes:

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

Archived