💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The key to Adele’s success that Katy Perry doesn't have

Adelephant

Featured Posts

Adelephant

515606869.jpg?quality=100&strip=all&w=66

"Adele has the increasingly rare combination of both talent and taste, two areas where the vast majority of pop artists could use some serious help. She has become an influential and beloved musician by making her own rules and staying true to her values. Katy Perry could learn something from her example."

"Most music on rotation on the radio has a pre-packaged sound that comes off as predictably sugar-sweet and empty, with vapid lyrics to go along with it. When you do an image search of just about any American pop star, you will find soft **** — women trying desperately to convey s-x appeal and little else. Compared to Adele, they look sad and embarrassing."

"By contrast, Adele’s music has maturity and depth, despite the fact that it comes from someone who is still in her 20s. And she has an uncanny ability to make you feel what she’s feeling."

"She recalls Whitney Houston in the early years of her career, both in vocal talent and dignity, before the darker side of celebrity claimed her. In fact, Adele’s career is in many ways following the trajectory of earlier decades of pop music, before the Internet and social media drove celebrity. She plays by those older rules."

http://nypost.com/2015/10/29/the-key-to-adeles-success-that-few-american-pop-stars-have/

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do they even have in common? Why are they comparing them? :saw: 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Adelephant

What do they even have in common? Why are they comparing them? :saw: 

They are comparing american artists like Katy Perry who are selling shallow vapid pop and s-xappeal with Adele who is selling true artistry and class. 

They are comparing american artists like Katy Perry who are selling shallow vapid pop and s-xappeal with Adele who is selling true artistry and class. 

But like, Katy is not even doing anything right now... ???

Adelephant

But like, Katy is not even doing anything right now... ???

And?

Katy is a prime example of a vapid American product. 

And?

Katy is a prime example of a vapid American product. 

And? Taylor also is and she is slaying right now, compare her to Adele.

Adelephant

And? Taylor also is and she is slaying right now, compare her to Adele.

They are both cut from the same cloth, although Taylor is marginally more talented.

djBuffoon

They didn't choose Gaga over Katy  thanks to Cheek To Cheek I guess.

Thanks to Gaga's body of work, really. Even if some don't care for Gaga's output, there's no question that there is substance to it.

Prismatic

everyones been turning on katy lately :ohno:

Everyone? It's just NY post trying to come for Katy. I haven't seen any other new article attacking her or whatever  

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

Adelephant

everyones been turning on katy lately :ohno:

Her fall from grace is coming with the next album, I predict. 

• Haroon locked and unlocked this topic

Archived