news

BTW Foundation signs deal with Mattel to promote youth empowerment

Supersonic

Featured Posts

SissyFromSpace

@Lance there is something called subliminal message, it does not have to be that obvious.

Most have plumped lips, overly s-xualized makeup and clothes and their "different ethnicity" dolls have exactly the same features.

or or or or oooooooooooooooooor. Its called makeup. Or Born This Way. Dolls are meant to play with, not idolize into looking like them permanently. All dolls are made different so do your homework before jumping to conclusions

another inspiring Barbie doll

Z0055786.jpg

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SissyFromSpace

are they going to do gaga inspired dolls???

Gaga has a 3 year contract so its bound to happen.

Weasel

@Lance there is something called subliminal message, it does not have to be that obvious.

Most have plumped lips, overly s-xualized makeup and clothes and their "different ethnicity" dolls have exactly the same features.

@Weasel Idk how widespread those are, I'm just talking about what I see in shops here.

There's a big variety of ethnicities on the market right now. Whether or not you see them around in your shops has more to do with retailers ordering them. 

Gaga has a 3 year contract so its bound to happen.

i hope so it would be fantastic imagine something like this 

original.jpg

I wanted to be Barbie when I was little. I was never tall enough, even if others finally said that I had achieved the look. I have finally outgrown the need for the fake blonde hair, after a lifetime. These dolls do brainwash you to want to be like them.

This seems weird coming from a foundation belonging to Gaga, since we know of her past opinion on Barbie.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

same could be applied to those creepy german/russian rocker dudes you are obsessed with :awkney:

Personal attack in a Born This Way Foundation thread~

Weasel

I wanted to be Barbie when I was little. I was never tall enough, even if others finally said that I had achieved the look. I have finally outgrown the need for the fake blonde hair, after a lifetime. These dolls do brainwash you to want to be like them.

This seems weird coming from a foundation belonging to Gaga, since we know of her past opinion on Barbie.

I don't agree with this. In the end Barbie might trigger some reactions but the initial problems start within people themselves in my opinion. It's like an addict saying he's an addict because c-----e exists. If anything Monster High is doing the exact opposite, their tag line is ''be yourself, be unique.'' The last thing they try to get accross is that you should be like them. 

So in that sense their message is almost identical to Gaga's. 

I don't agree with this. In the end Barbie might trigger some reactions but the initial problems start within people themselves in my opinion. It's like an addict saying he's an addict because c-----e exists. If anything Monster High is doing the exact opposite, their tag line is ''be yourself, be unique.'' The last thing they try to get accross is that you should be like them. 

So in that sense their message is almost identical to Gaga's. 

So you blame kids with impressionable minds for wanting to look like these pretty dolls as they grow up? That makes zero sense. This message is actually the opposite of what Gaga is always known for preaching.

Weasel

So you blame kids with impressionable minds for wanting to look like these pretty dolls as they grow up? That makes zero sense. This message is actually the opposite of what Gaga is always known for preaching.

No I'd blame the parents for not making their children understand what's real and what isn't. 

No I'd blame the parents for not making their children understand what's real and what isn't. 

These are kids toys directed at children. These are dolls that parents are meant to let their children have when they want them. "I love you just the way you are, naturally honey", only goes so far. Kids see by advertisement how women, in this sense, are projected to look and it is closer to these dolls than the real life, "you look great naturally honey". These dolls are the starting line of a lifetime of never feeling good enough, never looking perfect enough. Gaga knows it too, that is why she would make a funny about killing Barbie onstage, many times. This does not meet Gaga's message, it goes against it entirely.

This is nothing but a commercially marketing scheme to make money on a product showing little value and unclear message. This is worse for Gaga than what she just said about the perfume line and not wanting to do it or stand behind it. It can not be honest for Gaga.

Flimsy~

SissyFromSpace

This isn't Barbie. This is Monster High.

And you sound like you needed to seek help early in your life (this isn't shade) the people who think Barbie is a bad inspiration are parents that want to push the ANTI-Barbie agenda. Barbie doesn't brainwash, you were just too insecure.

This isn't Barbie. This is Monster High.

And you sound like you needed to seek help early in your life (this isn't shade) the people who think Barbie is a bad inspiration are parents that want to push the ANTI-Barbie agenda. Barbie doesn't brainwash, you were just too insecure.

Every child is insecure at some point, no matter the teaching or parents.

You just want to go along with this and buy a doll, who cares, right? Monster High dolls are today what Barbie used to be. Barbie is not edgy enough or colourful, like these or Bratz dolls. Buy your doll with abandon! lol

no one is stopping you

Gaga looks like a hypocrite though

SissyFromSpace

Every child is insecure at some point, no matter the teaching or parents.

You just want to go along with this and buy a doll, who cares, right? Monster High dolls are today what Barbie used to be. Barbie is not edgy enough or colourful, like these or Bratz dolls. Buy your doll with abandon! lol

no one is stopping you

Gaga looks like a hypocrite though

Yeah but they don't blame dolls lmao.

And Barbie is literally still selling millions alone in the US and UK. Japan, Canada and Germany being the second most countries in demand of Barbie. So she hasn't fizzled. Monster High is the new thing, and they, like Barbie, are inspiring among with many other dolls from different brands. 

Gaga doesn't like Barbie (supposedly) but she likes Monster High. Two completely different things.

Archived