news

BTW Foundation signs deal with Mattel to promote youth empowerment

Supersonic

Featured Posts

SissyFromSpace

Omg I hate barbies and monster high and all that crap. :air: 

What those dolls have to do with promoting and inspiring bravery and empowerment? 

insecurity and plastic surgery more like

same could be applied to those creepy german/russian rocker dudes you are obsessed with :awkney:

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

same could be applied to those creepy german/russian rocker dudes you are obsessed with :awkney:

Reported for flamebait, being off topic and bad geography. :later:

Musicians are promoting plastic surgery.:ghostney:

FreePalestine

SissyFromSpace

Reported for flamebait, being off topic and bad geography. :later:

Musicians are promoting plastic surgery.:ghostney:

And what's wrong with plastic surgery? if you're against plastic surgery, you must also be against going to the dentist, or using acne creams, and many other things. Barbie and Monster High are in no way associated with promoting surgery at all so I have no idea where you got that from.

Serendipity

I don't get upset about what others buy to their kids. But I'm not buying them to my own. There are plenty of other toys.

And they do promote unrealistic body image, if you ever raise a girl in future or work with them, you might understand what I'm talking about. 

What about Lamilly?

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

What about Lamilly?

I had to google that. Yeah idk.

I'm out of this thread, because I obviously cannot have my own opinion without people attacking me.

Like their life depends on what I buy or don't buy to my own kids. 

FreePalestine

RAMROD

Mattel? Does that mean Gaga make peace with Barbie now?

She used to behead every Barbie dolls thrown at her stage and calling it a $lut and bad body image example for young girls.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚊 𝚐𝚘𝚍 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚊 𝚙𝚛𝚊𝚢𝚎𝚛... (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

SissyFromSpace

I had to google that. Yeah idk.

I'm out of this thread, because I obviously cannot have my own opinion without people attacking me.

Like their life depends on what I buy or don't buy to my own kids. 

You're the one saying that dolls promote plastic surgery :rip: which is false.

Duella Dvil

I don't get upset about what others buy to their kids. But I'm not buying them to my own. There are plenty of other toys.

And they do promote unrealistic body image, if you ever raise a girl in future or work with them, you might understand what I'm talking about. 

Then consider the reverse in male toys. All of them are adonis's with perfect physiques... We must address both ends about unrealistic body shapes. You cannot live HAPPILY and look like that. (Unless "I lift things up and put them down" is your cup of tea)

http://www.ew.com/sites/default/files/i/imgs/070824//joe_l.jpg

http://www.dropshots.com/photos/141757/20061016/b_190039.jpg

I have had body issues from a very young age because I CANNOT PUT ON ANY WEIGHT I legitimately am skinny. Permanently. No matter what I do in the gym I look like a survivor from a Nazi Death Camp. I will never be beautiful in my own eyes because of it.

www.instagram.com/theduella666

You're the one saying that dolls promote plastic surgery :rip: which is false.

So?

bratz-cloe.jpg

That was still my opinion on this type of dolls. Their main demographic is not you, it's young girls.

I didn't attack you for your obsession with barbies. I expressed my opinion and asked a question: how do these dolls inspire bravery or whatever?

FreePalestine

SissyFromSpace

So?

bratz-cloe.jpg

That was still my opinion on this type of dolls. Their main demographic is not you, it's young girls.

I didn't attack you for your obsession with barbies. I expressed my opinion and asked a question: how do these dolls inspire bravery or whatever?

I played Barbie dolls with my sisters and my friends when we were little. Even with the entire neighborhood and we all grew up fine. Dolls don't promote plastic surgery unless there's a doll that has the headline "Plastic Surgery LIFE" (or something similar) to the title. The pic you posted above is a Bratz doll, an exaggerated teenage girl wearing makeup. If you watch the shows or movies you'd know they promote inspiring messages.

kmfAMQf.png
TnhGEur.png
fBYqhC2.jpg
WJItawl.jpg

Weasel

So?

bratz-cloe.jpg

Referring to Monster High, the brand is basically build on the fact that it's good to be yourself. All dolls have flaws, which they celebrate. One can't talk for example, another one keeps loosing an arm, they just released a disabled guy too. 

145328.jpg

SissyFromSpace

Referring to Monster High, the brand is basically build on the fact that it's good to be yourself. All dolls have flaws, which they celebrate. One can't talk for example, another one keeps loosing an arm, they just released a disabled guy too. 

145328.jpg

Don't forget Becky

51ebMydLT6L.jpg

51iFcOjwIAL.jpg

@Lance there is something called subliminal message, it does not have to be that obvious.

Most have plumped lips, overly s-xualized makeup and clothes and their "different ethnicity" dolls have exactly the same features.

@Weasel Idk how widespread those are, I'm just talking about what I see in shops here.

FreePalestine

Archived