news

BTW Foundation signs deal with Mattel to promote youth empowerment

Supersonic

Featured Posts

Supersonic

Lady Gaga's Born This Way Foundation has signed a three-year pact with Mattel's Monster High to work toward inspiring empowerment and acceptance among young people.

Born This Way Foundation, founded by the music star and her mother, Cynthia Germanotta, in 2012, is dedicated to promoting mental, emotional and physical well-being for youth. The organization has worked with local and national allies -- including GLSEN, YMCA, National Council of Behavioral Health, Mentoring USA and the University of Nebraska-Lincoln -- to reach hundreds of thousands of young people directly.

"Supporting the empowerment and well-being of our young people will take individuals and organizations of all kinds working together. That’s why Born This Way Foundation is excited to partner with Monster High," said Cynthia Germanotta, president of Born This Way Foundation. "This collaboration is a wonderful and unique opportunity to meet young people where they are, a crucial first step toward building a kinder and braver world."

Read more: http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6745278/lady-gaga-born-this-way-mattel-monster-high

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahhhh!!! That's so exciting! I love how serious the BTWF is. As I've said before, they're not just collecting donations and giving them to the people who can use them, they're doing that and actively reaching out to create change that is based on research they've helped conduct. It's great. 

Serendipity

Gaga barbies coming to take over the world:derpga:

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

The Child

I love Monster High movies lol :toofunny:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

LaMaisonGaga

Holy **** I always for Gaga to have something to do with Monster High :air: 

lamaisongaga.com

SissyFromSpace

OMFG YOU GUYS DOES ANYONE HERE LIKE MONSTER HIGH???? NOW I HAVE A PERFECT EXCUSE TO COLLECT THEM AND IVE BEEN WAITING FOR GAGA TO ENDORSE THEM IM SO ****ING HAPPY YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

latest?cb=20140720102828

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

Omg I hate barbies and monster high and all that crap. :air: 

What those dolls have to do with promoting and inspiring bravery and empowerment? 

insecurity and plastic surgery more like

FreePalestine

Evan Peters

What those dolls have to do with promoting and inspiring bravery and empowerment? 

you sound like the type of person who gets upset at parents who buy their children barbie dolls because it promotes 'unrealistic body expectations,' lol 

emma roberts is an abuser

LoveandMagic

BTW seems like such a great organization. It's a shame *some people* like to slap false allegations or innuendos of pedophilia onto it. 

My sister is/was into Monster High. I think it's celebrated for the fact that the dolls are technically "monsters" but are treated as cool (as in, their differences are embraced and celebrated, not shame). Some of the dolls are quite...unconventionally attractive, but yet are well loved. 

I've always liked Barbie because when I was growing up she was one of the few dolls marketed to little girls that showed a female character being a doctor, astronaut, adventurer, etc. She had a boyfriend but it wasn't all about him (in fact, no one gives a **** about Ken and she dumped his leaching ass for Blaine in the 90's). But yeah I agree she has an unrealistic body type, which harkens back to her origins as a fashion doll only (and well, you see how the fashion industry depicts women). You can play with her as you would a Bratz doll and only focus on the clothes and stuff, most girls I knew growing up didn't do that though (because that **** is boring as ****).

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

you sound like the type of person who gets upset at parents who buy their children barbie dolls because it promotes 'unrealistic body expectations,' lol 

I don't get upset about what others buy to their kids. But I'm not buying them to my own. There are plenty of other toys.

And they do promote unrealistic body image, if you ever raise a girl in future or work with them, you might understand what I'm talking about. 

FreePalestine

Archived