💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How will the pop girls be remembered in 2050?

Arizona Sky

Featured Posts

Arizona Sky

If they even are, what songs will be? In other words, when people mention them, what songs will instantly come to mind? I'll say:

Lady Gaga: Poker Face/Bad Romance

Katy Perry: Firework/Roar

Rihanna: Umbrella

Taylor Swift: Shake It Off/Love Story

Beyoncé: Crazy In Love

Britney Spears: BOMT

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FGGrayson

Nelly Furtado: Promiscuous | I'm like a bird

𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘆 𝗠𝗼𝗼𝗿𝗲 • 𝗟𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝗚𝗮𝗴𝗮 • 𝗦𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗶𝗲-𝗘𝗹𝗹𝗶𝘀 𝗕𝗲𝘅𝘁𝗼𝗿

Bad Bromance

I'm hoping Gaga is remembered for more than just Bad Romance.  I'm pretty hopeful she'll have another smash hit before she retires from music.   :yes:

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

Justin Drew Bieber

Gaga : meat dress

Katy Perry : left shark

Rihanna : punched :derpga:

beyonce : tidal flop

Britney : umbrella attacks

These are just sick twisted jokes don't come at me u little bottoms :derpga:

Arizona Sky

I'm hoping Gaga is remembered for more than just Bad Romance.  I'm pretty hopeful she'll have another smash hit before she retires from music.   :yes:

Well, Gaga is the type that will continue to make music. She even said music for 65+ years. Yes, she may retire from pop music soon, but she'll always make some sort of music.

ARTPOPdidntflop

If they even are, what songs will be? In other words, when people mention them, what songs will instantly come to mind? I'll say:

Lady Gaga: Poker Face/Bad Romance

Katy Perry: Firework/Roar

Rihanna: Umbrella

Taylor Swift: Shake It Off/Love Story

Beyoncé: Crazy In Love

Britney Spears: BOMT

Lady Gaga: Crazy outfits, extravagant preformer, best artist to come out of the internet age

Katy Perry: Fun songs

Rihanna: Sexy, Good Looking

Taylor Swift: That One artist that we all liked in High School. Where is she Now?

Beyonce: The epitome of confidence, she inspired me so much when I was younger. Best performer

Britney Spears: Iconic voice, Hit me baby, Toxic

Gaga x Nicki x Azealia x Ariana x Kesha x Bey

Warholian

I doubt many will remember people like Rihanna or Katy Perry by name. They may recognize a song or two but I think the majority of pop artists today are really not 'unique' enough to actually stick with popular culture. Gaga, Beyonce, Britney, though, they'll definitely be remembered. Probably even symbolic entirely of their times thanks to them being the sole pop stars remembered. They'll probably be remembered for their roles. Gaga - the strange one/the gay icon, Beyonce - the confident sassy performer, Britney - the blonde pop princess. Other than those three (plus Adele, Amy Winehouse, probably Eminem) I really can't see someone in 2065 actually remembering our pop stars. 

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

ARTPOPdidntflop

I doubt many will remember people like Rihanna or Katy Perry by name. They may recognize a song or two but I think the majority of pop artists today are really not 'unique' enough to actually stick with popular culture. Gaga, Beyonce, Britney, though. They'll probably be remembered for their roles. Gaga - the strange one/the gay icon, Beyonce - the confident sassy performer, Britney - the blonde pop princess.

This pretty much :yes:

If you don't have a "role" to fill then you pretty much won't be remembered.

Arizona Sky

I doubt many will remember people like Rihanna or Katy Perry by name. They may recognize a song or two but I think the majority of pop artists today are really not 'unique' enough to actually stick with popular culture. Gaga, Beyonce, Britney, though, they'll definitely be remembered. Probably even symbolic entirely of their times thanks to them being the sole pop stars remembered. They'll probably be remembered for their roles. Gaga - the strange one/the gay icon, Beyonce - the confident sassy performer, Britney - the blonde pop princess. Other than those three (plus Adele, Amy Winehouse, probably Eminem) I really can't see someone in 2065 actually remembering our pop stars. 

True, if I had to compare them to the memorability of another artist it would be:

Gaga = Cyndi Lauper

Katy = Paula Abdul

Beyonce = Barabara Streisand 

Britney = Donna Summer

Taylor Swift = Celine Dion

Rihanna = Shania Twain 

ARTPOPdidntflop

True, if I had to compare them to the memorability of another artist it would be:

Gaga = Cyndi Lauper

Katy = Paula Abdul

Britney = Donna Summer

Rihanna = Shania Twain 

Wtf

Warholian

Gaga = Cyndi Lauper

Katy = Paula Abdul

Britney = Donna Summer

Rihanna = Shania Twain 

I'd actually probably put Gaga mainly in a mix of Bowie and Streisand. Bowiebra Streisand? 

Gaga - Bowie + Streisand + Liza + Madonna + Warhol + Grace Jones (and probably 10 more)

Katy - Madonna (if her career just stopped in 1989 and that's all it was)

Beyonce - Diana Ross + James Brown + Britney Spears (maybe?)

Britney - Madonna.

Taylor Swift - Dolly Parton + Stevie Nicks, then add in lots of pop juice and take away a little bit of vocal talent. 

Rihanna - I have absolutely no idea

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

GloZell Green

Honestly? Really only Gaga, the others would still be remembered. Britney too because she's had bops too :lolly: But I think songs like Bad Romance and Poker Face were truly revolutionary, from then on it just became a blatant competition to make radio friendly and meaningless songs, not really on Rih, Gaga, and Beys part though. But I still await a song to have the impact of PF. 

Lady Gaga | Shakira

Warholian

Honestly? Really only Gaga, the others would still be remembered. Britney too because she's had bops too :lolly: But I think songs like Bad Romance and Poker Face were truly revolutionary, from then on it just became a blatant competition to make radio friendly and meaningless songs, not really on Rih, Gaga, and Beys part though. But I still await a song to have the impact of PF. 

cheerleader was a pretty gouda song. Maybe the best since thriller??? far better then poke face

TimisaMonster

There's still so much time in between from now til 2050...I'm sure they'll be remembered for more than just those relatively recent songs...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Archived