💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Should Rihanna have stuck with her annual release formula ?

Versace

Featured Posts

Versace

Just a thought but if Rihanna stuck to her usual annual release 

wouldn't we be on album 10

2012: Unapologetic 

2013: R8

2014: R9

2015: R10

Rihanna has been doing this for more than half a decade and this formula has earned her countless top 10 hits and number one hits , i feel Rihanna is the Vegas money machine of the music industry , hit after hit. You would think her continuing this would get her overexposed or bored of but look at what has happened now. 

It feels as though her new era has faded away before it has even started, she seems to have lost her edge and her three latest singles are on a totally different spectrum than her previous efforts.

My question is should have Rihanna stuck with the annual release formula or not ?

No. She became a target for that. The problems with the new era came because she tried to experiment a little. Her new label probably offered her more freedom, but she didnt know what to do it with it.

Serendipity

No, she she not have changed her label, that's it :rip:

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

She should do whatever makes her happy. 

Finally feeling free for the night, I got no worries. Finally got a claim on my life, baby, c'est la vie. ☄️

Yes. Besides, according to her she worked more in these 3 gap years than ever before. The only difference is that she has nothing to show for it, other than voice acting credits in a mediocre children's movie and a flop soundtrack.

RAMROD

As of niw, her knterest seens to be promoting Jamaican cosmetic or something.

But she may want to shake things up a litte so not to be predictable :fan:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ AND I'M VICTORIA, MALCOLM! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Riot Poof

Considering all the revisions that R8 went through, any album post-Unapologetic in this alternate universe would've probably been of an inferior quality.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Didymus

but she didnt know what to do it with it.

What makes you say that? Her creative juices are flowing incredibly. She's just trying to make a perfect product this time that satisfies her personal artistic endeavours this time. It's fabulous that her label has given her this freedom and I don't think we need to mistake a deviation from her usual release pattern for her being clueless.

I mean, the fact that the album is produced by Kanye should already be enough to suggest that Rihanna is following Kanye's preferred method of releasing. It may take time but it's very natural for artists who aren't satisfied with being boring.

KURUSHITOVSKA

Yes, as she does not write any of the songs she only sings and the only thing she has to do is record songs and sell them 

ÂżQuĂŠ currĂ­culum tiene ĂŠsta tarĂĄntula?

What makes you say that? Her creative juices are flowing incredibly. She's just trying to make a perfect product this time that satisfies her personal artistic endeavours this time. It's fabulous that her label has given her this freedom and I don't think we need to mistake a deviation from her usual release pattern for her being clueless.

I mean, the fact that the album is produced by Kanye should already be enough to suggest that Rihanna is following Kanye's preferred method of releasing. It may take time but it's very natural for artists who aren't satisfied with being boring.

Unlike Kanye, Rihanna brand needs consntat comercial succes.

Didymus

Unlike Kanye, Rihanna brand needs consntat comercial succes.

But she's clearly changing her brand to cater to alternative audiences.. So I don't see how that matters now.

StrawberryBlond

No, she definitely needed to break free from the annual releases. Not only was it making her massively over-exposed, made her endless singles hard to recall, made all her albums merge into one but most importantly, her music quality suffered. TTT and Unapologetic were massive steps down from her previous 3 albums. TTT was the definition of a rushed album (I believe Loud was originally intended for a re-release seeing how successful it was but the idea was scrapped at the last minute because it was assumed that a new album would sell even better) and Unapologetic used a lot of new, heavier urban themes that didn't work out well and contained really uncomfortable references to her relationship with Chris and supporting him (when the public clearly didn't). These were the first bad albums she'd ever made, in my opinion, and I felt it really brought her down. It's like she's been scared of flopping ever since Rated R underperformed. I think that's why she released 3 consecutive albums after that - it was her trying to "get over" flopping by following it up with mega hit after mega hit and she didn't know when to stop. Considering that her last 2 albums only had 2 hits each (out of 5+ singles), I think it was the perfect time for her to take a break...but she should've released a greatest hits album to mark the occasion. She could have got 2 hit singles out of it and it would have set her up for this era so much better. I have no idea why she still hasn't done it - she's been in thebusiness for a decade now, the time that most artists consider time for such a compilation, particularly if they've released 7 albums in that time packed with hits.

But taking a break this long was even longer than I predicted. But in no way was it planned. The album was totally scheduled for April 2015, most likely, hence the dates of the single releases. It was only because they didn't effortlessly smash like usual that things were re-considered. Rihanna needs hits, that's her whole deal. So, if she's not getting hits, she panics. Being terrified of flopping has ironically made her delay her album to the point where no one's going to care when it finally comes out. If she had released it when originally planned, I have no doubt she would've done a helluva lot better than she will do with this new schedule. Roc Nation need to work on promoting her better too - barely any promo and having it all be in the US simply doesn't cut it.

Whispering

I was tired of her songs on radio and ready for a break. This return from her break has been messy and disorganized, though. 

I don't think it matters if it is a two year, three year or five year break, IF the artist comes back with quality, catchy music for their main audience and an organized roll out. 

Versace

No, she definitely needed to break free from the annual releases. Not only was it making her massively over-exposed, made her endless singles hard to recall, made all her albums merge into one but most importantly, her music quality suffered. TTT and Unapologetic were massive steps down from her previous 3 albums. TTT was the definition of a rushed album (I believe Loud was originally intended for a re-release seeing how successful it was but the idea was scrapped at the last minute because it was assumed that a new album would sell even better) and Unapologetic used a lot of new, heavier urban themes that didn't work out well and contained really uncomfortable references to her relationship with Chris and supporting him (when the public clearly didn't). These were the first bad albums she'd ever made, in my opinion, and I felt it really brought her down. It's like she's been scared of flopping ever since Rated R underperformed. I think that's why she released 3 consecutive albums after that - it was her trying to "get over" flopping by following it up with mega hit after mega hit and she didn't know when to stop. Considering that her last 2 albums only had 2 hits each (out of 5+ singles), I think it was the perfect time for her to take a break...but she should've released a greatest hits album to mark the occasion. She could have got 2 hit singles out of it and it would have set her up for this era so much better. I have no idea why she still hasn't done it - she's been in thebusiness for a decade now, the time that most artists consider time for such a compilation, particularly if they've released 7 albums in that time packed with hits.

But taking a break this long was even longer than I predicted. But in no way was it planned. The album was totally scheduled for April 2015, most likely, hence the dates of the single releases. It was only because they didn't effortlessly smash like usual that things were re-considered. Rihanna needs hits, that's her whole deal. So, if she's not getting hits, she panics. Being terrified of flopping has ironically made her delay her album to the point where no one's going to care when it finally comes out. If she had released it when originally planned, I have no doubt she would've done a helluva lot better than she will do with this new schedule. Roc Nation need to work on promoting her better too - barely any promo and having it all be in the US simply doesn't cut it.

This so much , your TEA is beyond perfect

Tbh she could have gone in many different directions 

Release greatest hits album in Q4 2014 with new singles heck they could have been the three new ones we have now and that should have held off a lot till a Q4 2015 release 

Archived